Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello Thought I would join and say hello.

Go down 
+5
MikeO
mick
DennisB
Meldrew
Scootaboy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Scootaboy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-01-28

Hello Thought I would join and say hello. Empty
PostSubject: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:45 am

Hello everyone I thought it was about time I joined the forum.I live in the UK in Lincolnshire.I bought my Silverwing in March 2010.I use it purely for pleasure,,,,Summer months only.I have done about 7,000 miles on it,some of those in France last year.I also own a Honda 1100 Trike .I have been into bikes for years.Health problems have steered me towards my trike which I have owned for 14 years,both as a 2 wheeler then with 1 added.I love the Silverwing,so easy to ride,reasonably fast with excellent acceleration.Comfortable for long runs,over 500 miles in a day once,mind you I was pleased to get off it.Good fuel consumption.Mods,I have fitted a Vario-Touring Screen as I found the original very prone to side winds on motorways,I don't need the extra protection as it is not used in the winter.I have fitted an Arrow can,adjustable brake levers,different rollers (lighter),Osram brighter bulbs,but same wattage.LED side lights.So I have done a few mods.I am thinking about a Power Commander,any comments would be helpfull,worth the money etc??

Kind Regrds Scootaboy...
Attachments
Hello Thought I would join and say hello. AttachmentSWing-new-screen-280810 002 [800x600].jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(143 Kb) Downloaded 34 times

Last edited by Scootaboy on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add picture)
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:53 am

Hello mate, it's taken you a while for to find your way over from the Muppets but we're glad you're here. cheers
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 am

Hello Scootaboy,

Welcome aboard the forum. pirat
Back to top Go down
mick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mick

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Scootaboy wrote:
adjustable brake levers,

Kind Regrds Scootaboy...

hi n welcome to the forum thought u might have found this forum well before now
better late than never Smile
Cool
could i ask you where you purchased the adjustable brake levers
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:57 am

Hello from another Muppet, in freezing Belgium (in the Gallery Wink !

The X9OC 'Anniversary Bash' is in Lincolnshire 11/12/13 May, based in North Kyme.
We have a rideout on the Saturday and all the usual eating and chat - hangers-on always welcome. Smile
There might even be a couple of X9s there.
Back to top Go down
etex
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:32 am

Welcome to the forum !
Back to top Go down
http://dick-09@live.com
Scootaboy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Hello,thankyou all for the welcome and the invite from MikeO,to the X9OC 'Anniversary Bash' My brother lives up that way.Must put it on my calendar.

Scootaboy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:39 am

Hello from Delaware USA
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 am

Hello scootaboy and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have added some nice mods to your bike. I added the power commander and have been very pleased with the result. I live at an elevation of more than 5,800 ft above sea level, so I had the PC tuned for my altitude. The engine seems to run smoother and it optimized my fuel economy. I'm not sure it will pay for itself in fuel savings, but I like the way my bike runs. Good luck.
DCC
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:18 pm

MikeO wrote:

The X9OC 'Anniversary Bash' is in Lincolnshire 11/12/13 May, based in North Kyme.
We have a rideout on the Saturday and all the usual eating and chat - hangers-on always welcome. Smile
There might even be a couple of X9s there.

Do you know the location for the 'bash' yet, Mike?
North Kyme's not too far from me, so I wouldn't mind having a look.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:41 pm

We're booked in here:

http://www.oldcoachhousemotel.co.uk/

In fact, I think we've taken the place over.

The usual pattern is get there sometime on Friday afternoon, generally in a group (there's always a Northern group from the Cheshire area and one from the Ace in London) then eat, drink and be merry.
Rideout all day Saturday then eat, drink and be merry again.
Sunday disperse although a few folk sometimes organize a homeward-bound scenic rideout.
On Sunday I shall probaby ride motorway down to Dover so I can get home Sunday evening.
Back to top Go down
wis-rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wis-rider

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Welcome to the Forum Scootaboy. You wil enjoy this site. Happy riding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Thought I would join and say hello.   Hello Thought I would join and say hello. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Thought I would join and say hello.
Page 1 of 1