Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Heart bypass: Best wishes for a quick recovery
by Easyrider Today at 12:22 am

» Sad day in Scootville
by bikehiker Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» New member from the uk
by nooner Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» Random Exchange
by JamieB Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Guess what I saw on the Romanoffs trailer?
by Mike from NS Yesterday at 7:10 am

» start serious search for new bike/scooter
by bikehiker Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:05 pm

» Replacement Tyres
by oldwingguy Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 pm

» front forks seem soft
by solorider-uk Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:05 pm

» November Forum Picture
by Scootypuff Snr Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:02 pm

» Riding in Amish country PA
by Mech 1 twa Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Encourage all to join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin

Number of posts : 2535
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Encourage all to join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!   Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi,

Even though I have just re-opened the site to new members....I highly encourage all members and all new members to also join www.maxi-scoots.com . It is a great site and Maggie has the top site on the internet for all scooters and motorcycles. The people are also very nice there.

I just want to give a 'shout-out' to Maggie. She really helped me out when that 'certain something' happened on this site. She was great and very supportive of me and all of us.

Thanks again Maggie.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverwing600.com
Sirkitrider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2018-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Encourage all to join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!   Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:43 am

Agreed. I been on there since 2013. Fun bunch.

Sirkitrider
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 3024
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Encourage all to join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!   Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:28 pm

I joined maxi-scoots a good few years ago, and there were a few familiar names from British forums on there too.

For a very long time now if I try to log on, my forum name doesn't exist, my password isn't correct or recognised, and looking on the forum I can't find any posts or topics I remember making.

The only reason I can think of is there may have been an earlier version of maxi-scoots before August 2010, and as a possible excuse back then I had an iMac, the hard drive packed in and I lost a lot of stuff.

In fact I was snooping around on maxi-scoots a few minutes ago, and The Bern has just joined!
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Encourage all to join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!   Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:38 pm

Meldrew wrote:

In fact I was snooping around on maxi-scoots a few minutes ago, and The Bern has just joined!

Indeed I did bud, it's all Jeff's fault Wink Smile Here will remain my main US site & MM my main UK site, but as Admin asked us to do it, it would seem churlish not to.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin

Number of posts : 3164
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Encourage all to join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!   Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:26 pm

My User Name and password for Maxi-Scoots still work after several years!

I slightly stopped visiting the site as so much time was dedicated to the Rally and there wasn't any way for me to cross the Pond to attend. Wink
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin

Number of posts : 1444
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Encourage all to join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!   Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:42 pm

My account too is still active. Don't spend a lot of time there but it is a good site.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin

Number of posts : 2836
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Encourage all to join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!   Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Meldrew wrote:
< Snip >
The only reason I can think of is there may have been an earlier version of maxi-scoots before August 2010, and as a possible excuse back then I had an iMac, the hard drive packed in and I lost a lot of stuff. < Snip >

There was an earlier interation of the Maxi Scoots forum. It was a Yahoo thing and, even though the forum was user friendly at the time, in the end the forum wasn't very active. Then Yahoo decided to work their magic on all their forums and that Yahoo Maxi Scooter forum turned to sh*t and perished. 

Yahoo also killed the original Silverwing forum when they "fixed" it. Fortunately for all here JeffR had the vision to establish this forum before the SHTF on Yahoo.

Maggie resurrected the Maxi-Scoots forum on a different platform and it continues to serve the members very well.

Tim
Back to top Go down

Encourage all to join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!
Page 1 of 1