Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Question - Is it me?

Go down 
+4
Meldrew
bigbird
JeffR_
Waspie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Question - Is it me? Empty
PostSubject: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Over the past few weeks I have felt the friendly ways that this site has been renowned for fading and being replaced by less friendly tones.

The helpful threads are being replaced by in house bickering and to be honest is making me want to be involved less these days.

Be interested to see what other members think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Doug,

I have noticed it too. I know I haven't been as active but I used to include links and things to my responses. I think it was the friendly thing to do. I have thought about the same thing as you have and I hope this site doesn't get like the .org site, where they would tell you to do a search. It just seems very un-friendly and not to pleasant.

Maybe I will try to find more time to post and respond to do this. There is a lot of info here and if anyone can provide a link as a response it would seem friendlier. I don't want to start something here either but it seems it would be better if members didn't come back with "just do a search". Or have arguments about the best oil, or "darkside" tires. So hopefully others will read your OP and stepback, if they think they are giving short responses.

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:49 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Unfortunately, the sites popularity is being its own downfall in many respects.

When I started on here it had a multi national membership. So the Yank/Brit/Canuk/Aussie nocking needs to cease.

I try not to get onto name calling or such. Anyone that has issues with an individual should in my opinion sort it out behind the scenes not publicly. The PM system being the obvious route.

I would just like to see the friendly banter return and get back to talking about bikes.

My phrase for mods and such has been 'horses for courses' who cares what mods you have and why.

Lets not frighten prospective new riders away by the current trend to knock other members mods or non mods!!

It's all about riding the Honda Silver Wing. If you do, or don't feel the need to install a fully integrated fridge freezer and it's what you like - then good for you now tell us why you ride, where and when.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:28 pm

If you mean me, I've said on quite a few occasions I don't need a lot of the mods you and others seem to need to be able to enjoy your Silver Wing. I also think it's wrong to tell the latest UK member he needs the usual raft of expensive mods on a scooter he's had for only a couple of days. You're going on about 'belt slap', I've been riding maxi scooters since 1996 and I haven't a clue what you're on about.

As for antagonism and insulting attitudes, we're mostly all of a certain age and should have developed a thicker skin by now.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:33 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm

I understand why Doug (Waspie) started this OP. It seems when some new members ask something they are instantly told to "search" it, and maybe some say it in a way that is "off-putting". Also, about mods...why not just have the attitude that if you want to mod it , then mod it. But not pass judgement on if it is right or wrong. (This is not meant to be directed at any member whatsoever)

To me, the only mod the SWing needs, is a taller shield. Everything else is really just for more comfort or performance. It is also fun to mod things out too. I done mods just to throw them away really. I would be a richer man if I stopped at the shield...but would I be happier ??? Razz
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Question - Is it me? 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Oh come on. Are we really worried that someone might get their little feelings hurt and not come back? It's getting colder and there is a lot more computer riding going on, so we will have a lot of different opinions thrown out. But that's what they are. Opinions. Unless Moses brought them down on a tablet, I have the power to agree or disagree and form my own opinion. You can even disagree about Moses, I don't care and won't give you power over me because you think differently. I might learn something. Besides as the T-shirt said, "Everyone is entitled to my own opinion" Just my 2 cents worth and probably woth half that or less. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:00 pm

x.

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:12 pm

bigbird wrote:

Last I heard Moses had been the subject of an alien abduction. The tablets were not the work of god, but of ancient aliens.
How's that for an opinion?

Oh, and the alien craft was suffering from major belt slap.

Moses is fine. Turned out to be a hell of a mechanic once I taught him technology. He was the one that finally got the belt slap out of my craft.
And no I didn't write the tablets. Moses thought up those rules himself.
I just helped speed up the engraving.

Me
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Bigbird, be careful taking your opinions to Florida. They have different gun laws and them good old boys even boo the president's wife. Smile
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:22 pm

x

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Hey, We Floridians boast we are the only state in the union to have our own tag on fark.com
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:31 am

returning to Canada along the Gulf Coast through Missssippi, Lewziana, and Taxess.
You left out Alabammy. Come on down to Texas and I'll buy you some BBQ. It sounds like you've got a heck of a trip planned. DFW is actually two different places and two different worlds. sunny
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:57 am

To get back on topic, I agree with you Doug. Let's keep it friendly - a bit of banter is great, but it doesn't have to get personal or nasty.
As for mods, mine amount to a set of lights in the topbox, and the missus on the pillion! Ennuff for me, but if you feel you want to mod your ride more, go ahead, 'tis (allegedly) a free world.
I've always enjoyed reading the posts on here, and had some laughs, as well as learning about maintainence etc for the Wing. Let's keep it that way - we share a common interest in a great scooter, why change that? Smile
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:54 am

x

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3792
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:43 pm

One of the problems is that some - I stress 'some' - members don't take time to watch and gauge the tone of the forum when they join before jumping in and rocking the boat.
Yes, there are arguments between established members but I think that's inevitable in any community.
As for suggestions that the Search facility should be used, I do it because I mostly don't have the technical knowledge to help and rather than the person asking for help having to hang on until help arrives, hemay find the answer himself.

I do get cross when people can't be bothered to use Google, for example, and expect to be served answers on a plate; I'm not computer expert but I can use a search engine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question - Is it me?   Question - Is it me? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question - Is it me?
Page 1 of 1