Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» May 2024 forum picture
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Sinko De Mayo
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» checking the oil
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

English Rant - non bike related.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

English Rant - non bike related. Empty
PostSubject: English Rant - non bike related.   English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Why is it when the visibility drops to around 50 metres folk still think they can be seen in their black and dark blue cars with side lights or no lights at all.

My pups and I have just been missed by a moronic female driving way too fast for the conditions without any lights at all.
I was crossing a road and she appeared from nowhere!!! (At this point you can insert your own expletives - I know I did.)

Added to that, why is it on clear days/nights the same idiots drive around with fog lights and driving lights blazing.

I get so confused.

Rant over. Back to feeding the hounds from hell!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: English Rant - non bike related.   English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:24 pm

And why do we drive on parkways, but park in driveways?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: English Rant - non bike related.   English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:32 pm

dspevack wrote:
And why do we drive on parkways, but park in driveways?

Sounds like you have our problem!

Kids walk in the road, cars park on footpaths and cyclists cannot make their minds up where they want to ride. In my day it was on the road but these days it seems that footpaths are the preferred cycle ways!

Still confused What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: English Rant - non bike related.   English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:31 pm

In another couple of months when frosted up windscreens become the norm mornings and evenings , I''ll always see a few knobs who are too lazy to clear the frost away and scrape a sort of porthole to peer through. These idiots are driving around virtually blind but they still do it, hoping their cars heater will do the work they were too bloody lazy to do. Then there's the driver with the shagged out battery on his car who'll drive along without lights in a long line of commuter traffic to 'save' his battery. I regularly see this during the winter months coming home off night shift.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: English Rant - non bike related.   English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Here, the same doofuses clear a coffee can lid size hole in several inches of snow, then set out hoping that the wind will blow the rest off, then use the wipers to further clear the wind screen. Side windows and rear window still have the total overnight snowfall on them. Mad :lol!:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English Rant - non bike related.   English Rant - non bike related. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

English Rant - non bike related.
Page 1 of 1