Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Introduction Rant, (Apologies)

Go down 
+21
derekj
tarmacburner2
SCTLVR
Dave Weller
Ozarkred
realbtl
GHM-PM
Winger61
robert
The Scootist
bigbird
oldgoat
KurtPerthWA
"Hi Yo"
AAAA
Windrider
JeffR_
larryinseattle
Meldrew
bugrod
Waspie
25 posters
AuthorMessage
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Introduction Rant, (Apologies) Empty
PostSubject: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:39 pm

I never used to mind folk not introducing themselves.

Lately I have to admit to a certain amount of annoyance at folk diving straight in with my bikes broke advice needed.

No, Hi, my names Bert and I'm from the planet Zoid and was sold a broken bike by an intergalactic bike salesman.

We have loads of really great folk on here who don't mind assisting fellow Wing riders with advice, technical or otherwise but I do feel irritated by the current trend.

I do appreciate when our machines fail we must get it repaired and will clutch at any straw to achieve a serviceable steed. Forums are an obvious source of great information but please, some courtesy.

No one would walk in a room of complete strangers having a good time and say 'my bikes making a noise any one know why'? Or would you - is it me? Has hitting the big 6-0 really made me so Old!!!!! Twisted Evil

Sorry to bore you all, just had to vent and get it off my chest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
bugrod
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bugrod

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:53 pm

applause applause applause
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:55 pm

You're spot on there mate, and you've summed up very nicely what I've been thinking for some time. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:16 pm

bigbird wrote:
Waspie wrote:
Hi, my names Bert and I'm from the planet Zoid and was sold a broken bike by an intergalactic bike salesman.

Hi, my name's Terry and I'm from the planet Darkside and was sold a car tire to put on my Silverwing by a nomadic traveller named Larry from Seattle. What should I do? *

* It's a joke, Hi-Yo and Larry, in case anyone's wondering.

It made me laugh Terry. Laughing
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:52 pm

It is funny. I worry more about the side stand switch bypass than a car tire because the disabling the side stand switch can kill someone. The car tire is just a tire.

I hear the rant and appreciate it. I like the one who come on...to sell their bike as their first post. I want them as friends.

HOWEVER, You are preaching to the choir. The folks who do just what you are complaining about never read the forum, never do a search and would ask those newbie questions anyway.

If someone needs to know about a car tire or who is the forum smart A** just ask and I can help with those in need.

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Doug,

I agree. It is nice to know if someone is new and things like that.

Although, when I first got here I should have said:

Hi, I'm Jeff and I refuse to install the bracket for my Givi windshield. Most real men don't. And see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi, I'm Jeff and I refuse to install the bracket for my Givi windshield. Most real men don't. And see what happens.

I'm still waiting for mine to fall off. I didn't install the brackets either.
Do I get a bad mark now?
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 8:38 pm

bigbird wrote:
Windrider wrote:

I'm still waiting for mine to fall off.

At 73 you shouldn't have to wait too much longer. :rolling laught

I thought they fell off at 1.5 million miles? No . . .wait . . . . im thinking rocker, that's right.

And personally, i could care less if someone introduces themselves first. This isn't a formal event, and supplication shouldn't be required. It serves no purpose other than to make people feel like their part of some imaginary hierarchy.

(no apologies)
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:23 am

Well you've got an hierarchy here whether you think it's imaginary or not. There's the Scooter Rider, Super Scooter Rider, Touring Scooter Rider, Silver Wing Expert, Silver Wing Guru etc that appear beside your name on joining, and the seven stars that go from gold to silver as you build up your post count.

There's no supplication or begging humbly either, it's jumping straight in for answers to solve a problem. There's a section to Introduce yourself and it takes very little effort to go there first and say something about yourself, your location, and a bit about your Silver Wing.

Even the late, great, Johnny Cash used to say Hello. Wink

Last edited by Meldrew on Wed May 16, 2012 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Introduction Rant, (Apologies) 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:06 am

Well said Waspie and Meldrew. I hope I have not offended anyone who has a different opinion. sunny
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:27 am

Two Englishmen, two Scotsmen, two Welshmen, and two Irishmen were stranded on a desert island. It wasn't long before the Scotsmen started a Caledonian Club and were playing the bagpipes, tossing the caber and eating haggis. The two Welshmen started an Eisteddford and were soon competing against each other in a song and dance. The two Irishmen started a Ceilidh and downed a few pints of Guinness. The two Englishmen went to opposite ends of the island and would not speak to each other because they had never been properly introduced.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
oldgoat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
oldgoat

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:49 am

bigbird wrote:
Windrider wrote:

I'm still waiting for mine to fall off.

At 73 you shouldn't have to wait too much longer. rolling laughter

OMG! this is going to be a bad year for me then.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:55 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:59 am

I think I must have lost track somewhere in the conversation. What is about to fall off your windshield or your nuts??
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:08 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks Kurt, We can allways count on you to lighten things up when these subjects get to serious. I personally don't see what all the fuss is about, If we take ourselves too seriously and act like stuffed shirts, people are not going to join our forum. Maybe, It's because I'am originally a laid back Californian, but we all need to chill out. Ride Safe.

Robert
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Why are the Aussies good at batting in cricket?

It's the only game they could master wearing handcuffs.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 3:59 am

rolling laughter rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:42 am

As a newb on here I can understand your frustrations. I am an admin on a Trail 90-110 forum and my pet peeve is newbs that jump on and ask what oil or battery to use in their new find!!! Um guys that has been covered umpteen times!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we use the "search" feature? No I guess not. And yes I did introduce myself! affraid

cheers
Back to top Go down
realbtl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
realbtl

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Whew! I had to look back a couple of pages to make sure I had done an intro. I had forgotten. Can memory loss be the result of too many chicken fried steaks?

Actually the best explanation I've heard for memory loss as we (ahem) mature is that the brain cells leak out of the holes left as the hair starts to make itself scarce.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:00 pm

realbtl wrote:

Actually the best explanation I've heard for memory loss as we (ahem) mature is that the brain cells leak out of the holes left as the hair starts to make itself scarce.

I agree with this scenario and have been trying to self-medicate. I heard that alcohol will plug the holes so I am working on it... (burp)

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ozarkred
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ozarkred

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Rudeness   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:15 am

Rarely do people go to the mall and ask the mall people to tell them why "my last haircut" was so bad. So, to go into a Swing mall and ask for a free-fix on a Swing is not different, in any significant way.
Manners are for old people, I guess.
Ozarkred
Back to top Go down
http://glennscheer.wordpress.com
Dave Weller
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Hello
I won't bother posting in the introduction section as I have not got my FJS600 yet, I have a 3 year old Burgman 650, and I'm considering changing that for a FJS600,
I brought a new white 125 Swing in February , and maybe it will get a big brother soon.
Some of you will know me, I also have a CB250.
Regards
Dave
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Where are you Nighthawk, that you can purchase a 125 Swing?
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:27 pm

available in UK.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/scooters/#!/swing/?s3campaign=Bikes_SEM_M_EN_EN_Models__+_Brand_Exact&s3advertiser=Google_PPC&s3banner=honda_swing_125

cheers,
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Nice. I'll have one of those, please!
It looks similar to the "Elite" models Honda has brought here; The 110 & 150. I'm waiting for the SH300. I've seen these, especially in Spain and they are very nice.
Back to top Go down
derekj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:09 am

I went on the intro page as i think its the right thing to do .
After all thats what the page is there for and its clearly marked, perhaps the people that dont introduce themselves have never been good mixers socially or even dont HAVE many friends.

Its not a hard thing to be polite , saying that its still a good forum to be part of .
DEREKJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.aberdarepark.co.uk
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:23 am

What percent of our forum members introduce themselves? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:28 am

Dimond wrote:
What percent of our forum members introduce themselves? Just curious.

That would be way to difficult a task to work out. Trawling through old posts etc. Folk who piggy back other joining messages!

Be easier to see who ask for advice and are never seen again!!!! (Thats my angry self typing!!!!) Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 am

The Members list makes interesting reading, there's a large number who have registered and never posted anything. Another large percentage with one or two posts only, and of course the ones Waspie mentioned who want advice and then disappear.

Then there's also that other interesting group, the prolific posters who go off in the huff because they say the site is getting negative, it's not friendly enough for them, they've had their egos deflated or their views are challenged, then they inevitably pop up as a regular somewhere else. Neutral

Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

And then, there are a few who have switched bikes, yet still love to hang around and shoot the breeze.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 am

My 'other' forum is suffering from the 'signing on because I have a problem with my bike' brigade at the moment, chiefly because people are buying second-hand, old X9s, bikes which don't have the long-term reliability of the Silverwing.
However, quite a few at least have the courtesy to report back when the problems are fixed and some have even settled in as active members, passing on their experiences of fixing their problems and thus helping others who may encounter similar ones in the future.
I know it happens here - you know who you are!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:24 am

DarthJ wrote:
And then, there are a few who have switched bikes, yet still love to hang around and shoot the breeze.

Nothing wrong with that Darth! Smile
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 am

Hi my name is Craig and I'm a Swingaholic I'm addicted to the SilverWing. I read more than I post. Most people on here are better at putting their thoughts together than I. I tend too ramble to much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Rant, (Apologies)   Introduction Rant, (Apologies) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction Rant, (Apologies)
Page 1 of 1