Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby Boating123 Today at 6:48 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings from an older novice

Go down 
+2
model28a
MarkB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Greetings from an older novice Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from an older novice   Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Hello, all.

I'm new to the whole world of cruising. (I rode a Yamaha 450 for one summer back in '94 - but that was it.) I guess I'm going through a (post)mid-life crisis and have been having a hankering for a scooter for only the past year or so. (I'm 56 - so this whole journey feels kind of strange. Exciting, though.) I actually stumbled onto the Silverwing while shopping for a 250 Helix. My 2007 Swing (14.4k miles - single owner) arrived last Friday and I registered it the same day. I completed my riding course last weekend and stumbled onto this forum while shopping for accessories. Really glad I did. I enjoy reading the posts and the great advice and help you all give. I already ordered a Coocase trunk (don't like the look of the Givi trunks) and the DennisB GPS mount. (The Lightbar is next on my list.) My hope is to ride this bike for years.

Thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from an older novice   Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Welcome to the best Silver Wing site on the web.
Sounds like you are off to a good start making your new scoot truly yours.
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from an older novice   Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Welcome aboard, Mike! We look forward to seeing you around here on the forum, and especially on the road!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Greetings from an older novice 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from an older novice   Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:49 pm

welcome MarkB, You're just a young pup on here. Enjoy the ride. small moped
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from an older novice   Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 pm

Welcome Mark... great start for your mid-life crisis... although this probably will NOT turn out to be an actual crisis. It has been repeated over and over on this forum that the Silverwing adds a little spark to your life. Expect to be rejuvenated with every experience you have with your fine machine.

I look forward to you becoming involved with the discussions here. Who knows you may rejuvenate some of even older novices.

Last edited by Opalsboy on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added NOT)
Back to top Go down
tubeck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from an older novice   Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:44 am

You will actually enjoy knowing its in the garage waiting for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from an older novice   Greetings from an older novice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from an older novice
Page 1 of 1