Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets

Go down 
+2
dspevack
sonuvabug
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets Empty
PostSubject: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:08 am

Above and to the right and left of the Swing's top healight, there appears to be two indented socket spots for addtional lights.

The middle of these "sockets" appear to have a chrome punchout in the middle. Is this a (light) option overseas that we don't get here in North America?

Has anyone ever retrofitted additional light in these socket spots?

~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:34 am

Yes and yes.
If you look at the light fixture from the back, you will see two "Nipples" one at each location, marking where the holes are in the european version for the 5 watt bulb side lights. The holes are not there in the US version.
You have to drill them out. Don't know about the Canadian version.
On my bike (check my gallery) I put leds that rotate in color. and draw very little power so they are great attention getters at bike nights.
I tried putting lasers in them but couldn't get the effect I wanted.
Other people have put regular LED bulbs for a different look.
Still others have put strobe lights in with either a manual switch or attached them to a bike alarm.

If you are a pure-ist. You can purchase a european headlamp which have the holes drilled, from overseas. Also their is a different wiring harness in the European version which actually has the plug-ins for those two light locations as part of it.
You could drill the holes yourself and order the harness.

The headlight below is from the USA manual:

Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets Usswin10

The wiring harness in the UK version has connections to two extra bulbs below:
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets Silver11
Part# 32102-MCT-691127118 Cost 23.39GBP.

Thanks To Mascoot for tracking down the picture below from a German manual,
and the UK picture above. A link to where to order parts is on Mascoots post below.
Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets EurostandlightsDan

Last edited by dspevack on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:09 pm

If you mean the 2 bulges in the upper "v's"?
Ive wondered about those, i was thinking it might be a good place for projector driving lights.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Tagg,
They are a great place for lights. That was their original intent.
Just got to remember that the bigger the hole you make, the less of the reflector you will have to work with.
The bulbs that go in there on the UK bikes are about an inch or so in diameter I think.

Dan
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:31 pm

dspevack wrote:
Tagg,
Just got to remember that the bigger the hole you make, the less of the reflector you will have to work with.
The bulbs that go in there on the UK bikes are about an inch or so in diameter I think.

Dan

Yea, that's why i was thinking self contained projectors. Scatter from the front cover would be the only concern then. If the unit wasnt 250 bucks, i would buy one and use it to experiment on! Yikes! Ill check ebay out, wouldn't matter if a used one was cracked or something, then finding a suitably small pair of projectors w/ adequate light output. Hmmmmmmm Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Tag.
There is one on ebay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-FSC-600-Silverwing-HEADLIGHT-silver-wing-FCS600-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4158e94c5cQQitemZ280664558684QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Current bid is $99

Maybe buy it and arrange to send it to DennisB.
He can figure out the best lights and way to mount, and send it to you.
In the process Dennis will have a new product/service to sell.
I updated the post above with another picture, so you have more info.

Dan
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Ok I found it!

Item # 8

Click diagram for larger image.

Dan...add to favorites!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Paul (Masscoot)

Thanks for tracking the item down.
I've updated my original post to show the difference one above the other.

Anyone who wants to purchase the wiring harness for conversion can find
the link to a website in the post above.
Part # is 32102-MCT-691127118

Ya know, this is a wonderful example of why this forum is the best on the net.
We work hard and together to source information and solve problems.
It used to be that way next door......until we all moved here. cheers

Dan
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:24 pm

I was wondering about those as well. Very good to know they are meant to be lights. I might have to add Euro-Original Equipment style lights.
The bulbs in the schematic look like they are either GE194 or GE168 bulbs.
The socket for those are readily available at any auto parts store.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:09 am

dspevack wrote:
Tag.
There is one on ebay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-FSC-600-Silverwing-HEADLIGHT-silver-wing-FCS600-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4158e94c5cQQitemZ280664558684QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Current bid is $99

Maybe buy it and arrange to send it to DennisB.
He can figure out the best lights and way to mount, and send it to you.
In the process Dennis will have a new product/service to sell.
I updated the post above with another picture, so you have more info.

Dan

Yea, i saw that, apparently someone is parting out a couple of Silverwings! Lots of parts available right now. A friend of mine goes to Atlanta to buy bikes every week ill give him a heads up on the parts, free is better than 99 bucks any day. We fab our parts in our little shop,when were not busy repairing track bikes, so R&D is a common thing here. Im really thinking that heat is going to be the thing here. Perfect place for them though, the higher the better for driving lights! We'll see how they turn out, once it gets going.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Tagg wrote:
Im really thinking that heat is going to be the thing here.

There are a few posts here about LED based lighting sufficient to use instead of standard aftermarket driving lights.

I think if you stick with that, you will avoid any heat problems from the lights.

You may however have a heat problem in cutting the reflector in the fixture and the headlight lens.

Need to do it patiently with tools that don't generate a lot of heat so as not to cloud or warp anything.

Good luck,

Dan
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:24 pm

dspevack wrote:
Tagg,

Dan

The bulbs are more like 5/16" diameter. (An inch would make them larger than the amber indicator bulbs). The bulb is a capless one, I think the number is 501. Honda manual calls them 'Position lights' but in the UK they are more commonly known as 'sidelights'.
Cheers,
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:39 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:

The bulbs are more like 5/16" diameter. (An inch would make them larger than the amber indicator bulbs). The bulb is a capless one, I think the number is 501. Honda manual calls them 'Position lights' but in the UK they are more commonly known as 'sidelights'.
Cheers,

Thanks for the size clarification.
The bulb part number is: 33301-SA0-741127125
12v 5w (Stanley)
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:06 am

Posted again as internet connection is playing up.

Bulb is a standard 501, about 20 pence here. None of the bulbs used on the Silverwing are exclusive to Honda so no need to pay their stupid prices.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets   Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headlight Reflector - 2 Additional Light Sockets
Page 1 of 1