Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

AirHawk seat cushion

Go down 
+15
buddy19520
MikeO
Sweendog
bkg123
steveR
sonuvabug
ehaughn
Meldrew
@TRider
CathyN
old fart
JeffR
honda_silver
GWPSI
GaryT
19 posters
AuthorMessage
GaryT
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-04-11

AirHawk seat cushion Empty
PostSubject: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:28 am

Anyone use this cushion ? I'm think my ( 62 yr old ) bottom could use one on long rides. What size should I get that fits the swing seat ?
Back to top Go down
GWPSI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:45 am

I've had one for about a year. I think I got the large size. It does help. I inflate it a little on the softer side and find that works best. Not the total solution, but a great step in that direction. You might also consider a back rest.
Back to top Go down
GaryT
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:26 am

GWPSI wrote:
I've had one for about a year. I think I got the large size. It does help. I inflate it a little on the softer side and find that works best. Not the total solution, but a great step in that direction. You might also consider a back rest.

Would that be the large cruiser or large cruiser pillion ? I think I'll go measure my seat,I have no idea what it is .
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Gary wrote:
Anyone use this cushion ? I'm think my ( 62 yr old ) bottom could use one on long rides. What size should I get that fits the swing seat ?

With the original OEM seat unchanged I started with a medium Air Hawk, which I wished was a little longer but did work.

I removed the buttrest and installed a Utopia back rest and I am using a large Air Hawk which covers the whole seat area providing more usable area.

If you raise the buttrest to a backrest, someone reported the large Air Hawk may hang over by a little.

I covered both Air Hawks with the same Alaskan Sheepskin.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Gary,

I have the Air Hawk and really like it. The trick with the Air Hawk is to put the least amount of air in it. I kept playing with it until I figured out the least amount of air is most comfortable. If you want to go a cheaper way then there is the "Famous Walmart Gelpad". They only cost $20 and work very well too. All of the Walmart's that I have been in always keep them in the same isle at the steering wheel covers. You may want to try it out first.

My wife still uses the walmart pad when riding on back. I just wanted to try the Air Hawk since I like to try different things. But for only $20 the Walmart special does a very good job. Must better than the stock seat IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:55 pm

I have the pillion airhawk pillow.
I agree that the least air the better. When I first had it I would overfill it and it felt like I was going to tip off of it. The least air the better. I also put a sheep skin I bought off Ebay.
Did a 3000 mile trip last summer and my butt barely objected. We are still on speaking terms Smile
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:55 pm

I have the airhawk medium. It makes the ride much more comfortable. I have commuted to work in the city of potholes and it has helped alot. I went out last weekend and did about 340 miles over two days on the highway and it felt good. I am considering the Utopia backrest for the future. You won't be disappointed.

Cathy Smile
Back to top Go down
@TRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
@TRider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:57 pm

I also have the Airhawk Cruiser Medium. I find it fits the Silverwing seat perfectly. I have done 250 miles today on English motorways (70-80mph) and I got off the bike tonight as fresh as a daisy! Be warned that it changes your riding position slightly when resting your back against the lumbar support, as it raises your seating position.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:41 pm

@TRider wrote:
I also have the Airhawk Cruiser Medium. I find it fits the Silverwing seat perfectly. I have done 250 miles today on English motorways (70-80mph) and I got off the bike tonight as fresh as a daisy! Be warned that it changes your riding position slightly when resting your back against the lumbar support, as it raises your seating position.

I've got the Airhawk Cruiser Medium too, but no desire yet to fit it on my Silverwing. I'm curious about your comment about being as fresh as a daisy after 250 motorway miles. Your backside might have been fine, but if that's the stock windshield you have on your Silverwing, it'll have been pretty noisy and tiring at 70-80mph.
Back to top Go down
ehaughn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ehaughn

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:53 am

I have the airhawk medium cruiser. Absolute must. Very comfortable.

I also have the utopia backrest. This is good as well.

I never ride without the airhawk.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:43 pm

I use the AirHawk medium size ... works well.
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Meldrew wrote:

I've got the Airhawk Cruiser Medium too, but no desire yet to fit it on my Silverwing. I'm curious about your comment about being as fresh as a daisy after 250 motorway miles. Your backside might have been fine, but if that's the stock windshield you have on your Silverwing, it'll have been pretty noisy and tiring at 70-80mph.

Earplugs? I find they are needed on the Swing as much as the Transalp unless I squidge down behind the screen like a 16 year old!

I have wondered about my airhawk and felt it would need the bum pad raising to a lumbar position with one of the Leroy mods.
Back to top Go down
bkg123
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:55 pm

I use the large airwawk. Never leave home without it. As the instructions state, you barely inflate it. I think the principle is, your still sitting on your seat but the air hawk kind of fills in the spaces between your butt and the seat, supports those parts the seat doesn't. It shouldn't lift you up any higher at all if inflated properly.
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:20 pm

It's easy to raise the butt-rest with two small pieces of steel, which most steel supply yards can bend for you. The Leroy mod is what I based my mod on and it worked great. If I were to use an Airhawk, I'd definately want to raise the rest!
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:53 am

Sweendog wrote:
It's easy to raise the butt-rest with two small pieces of steel, which most steel supply yards can bend for you. The Leroy mod is what I based my mod on and it worked great. If I were to use an Airhawk, I'd definately want to raise the rest!

I did ask Dennis if he was knocking any out as I have an order on the way, but as he isn't, I'll find something and make one. Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:42 am

I know this is an 'Airhawk' thread but as backrests have been raised (!) I want to make a point about the Utopia one; recently someone said he/she was going to buy one.

Do note that the bum-stop is fixed in the furthest back position and may not suit riders with shorter legs.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:51 pm

I have both a medium and a large AirHawk. I prefer the large because it supports the backs of my legs a little more than the medium. It does hang over the front of the seat a little. A medium looks better.

I also use a butt stop to back rest set-up. It also helps tremendously.

The medium AH fits well on my Vespa.

Like many others said, don't add any more than minimal air to it.

It also helps to keep your bottom drier - air is channeled between the bladders of the AH and dries most of the sweat away. It will also make your bottom a little chilly in the winter.

While everyone's expenses are not the same, I don't regret having spent over $300 on two of these things.
Back to top Go down
GaryT
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Where do I get one of these seat's ? What's the price of the medium cruiser ?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:34 pm

http://www.airhawk.net/business-directory-list.aspx

Google is my friend! Wink
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:27 pm

All I know is, that without the airhawk seat cushion, I would have not nearly enjoyed the time spent riding my Silverwing. It Sure Helped a bunch. cheers

AirHawk seat cushion Airhaw10
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:35 pm

I'm also ready to order an AirHawk seat cushion. But my question is which one - the AirHawk Medium or AirHawk Medium 2? I am leaning toward the AirHawk Medium 2 due to cost. Have any of you had experience with the AirHawk Medium 2?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:18 am

midlandchip wrote:
I'm also ready to order an AirHawk seat cushion. But my question is which one - the AirHawk Medium or AirHawk Medium 2? I am leaning toward the AirHawk Medium 2 due to cost.

The AirHawk 2 came out ~1 year ago which is a cheaper version of the AirHawk ... so I think the majority of the experience is with the original AirHawk.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:09 pm

http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?exact_match=yes&product=AirHawk&subbcat=AirHawk_Motorcycle_Seat_Cushion&cart_id=1223731075.64276

This is where I got mine. He has a pretty good price on it compared to other places.
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks buddy 19520. Another example of the value of this board.

As I see it these are the prices I am dealing with:

From AirHawk web site
AirHawk medium, $190.00
AirHawk 2 medium, $100.00

From RL Motorcycles
AirHawk medium, $135.00
AirHawk 2 medium, $90.00

I don't know how RL Motorcycles can do that. I'm wondering what has happened to AirHawk sales after they introduced the AirHawk 2.

In any event, I was going to buy the AirHawk 2 medium from the AirHawk website but now I think I will go with the AirHawk medium from RL Motorcycles.

Back to top Go down
GaryT
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:20 am

buddy19520 wrote:
http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?exact_match=yes&product=AirHawk&subbcat=AirHawk_Motorcycle_Seat_Cushion&cart_id=1223731075.64276

This is where I got mine. He has a pretty good price on it compared to other places.

Thanks for the info "buddy". This is where I'll order mine.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 am

Glad it could help.

My wife signed us up for the AeroStitch catalog. I noticed they are asking about $170 for the original style AH.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 1:36 pm

I received an e-mail today with Skwoosh seat pads advertised.
Don't know anything about them but they're cheap!
Back to top Go down
hoss55
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hoss55

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:57 pm

I use a sheepskin and enjoy it very much.
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:17 pm

honda_silver wrote:
midlandchip wrote:
I'm also ready to order an AirHawk seat cushion. But my question is which one - the AirHawk Medium or AirHawk Medium 2? I am leaning toward the AirHawk Medium 2 due to cost.

The AirHawk 2 came out ~1 year ago which is a cheaper version of the AirHawk ... so I think the majority of the experience is with the original AirHawk.

Just looked it up. The Airhawk 2 is made of polyurethane and comes with a 1 yr warranty. The original Airhawk is made of neoprene rubber and has a 2 yr. warranty. Having used military equipment made from both materials in the harshest conditions I can safely say that the original Airhawk is worth the money and is next up on my purchases for my Swing. Thanks for the RL Motorcycles tip, Buddy! Their prices have actually gone down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AirHawk seat cushion   AirHawk seat cushion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AirHawk seat cushion
Page 1 of 1