Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

JUST JOINED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

JUST JOINED Empty
PostSubject: JUST JOINED   JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:50 am

But have'nt got my FJS600A S/Wing yet - pick it up on Saturday.I know its early days yet but I'd be interested in any practical hints, tips or useful comments and modifications from any UK owners about things to watch out for with the S/Wing.I'm about 5'10" so any comments from anyone using a taller screen or Laminar Lip would be especially helpful.
To kick off a topic I completely forgot to ask the dealer about service intervals, whether its got a handbrake lock and if the exhaust is stainless steel or not.Someome here's bound to know.I'mnot new to scootyers as Ive had 2 X9 500's since 2003 and have been riding all sorts of two wheelers for best part of 50years and I've at last got a scooter with a name that matches my hair.
Back to top Go down

JUST JOINED Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST JOINED   JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:07 am

Hi Brian,

Glad you Joined , 600 miles & then 4000 miles to start off if new with reference to service intervals ,
yes it has a Handbrake , as suggested have a look at the Manual on this site, it will explain alot

best wishes

Shaun
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

JUST JOINED Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST JOINED   JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Welcome Brian.. glad to have you aboard. Not sure what Wing hair looks like. :afro:
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

JUST JOINED Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST JOINED   JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Brian,

Welcome to the forum. You will probably need to get a taller windshield since most of us do regardless of what kind of scoot. There is an "online" owners manual on the site so just do a search and you can read up on it before you get your SWing. Make sure you put some pics of you and your new SWing in the Album section when you get a chance.

As for "Mods"; I have installed the J. Costa variator, K&N air filter, Givi windshield, and a top box. But the SWing is just great without them.

https://www.silverwing600.com/maintenance-tips-and-hints-f7/silver-wing-owners-manual-t228.htm?highlight=owners
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

JUST JOINED Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST JOINED   JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Brian Read wrote:
But have'nt got my FJS600A S/Wing yet - pick it up on Saturday.I know its early days yet but I'd be interested in any practical hints, tips or useful comments and modifications from any UK owners about things to watch out for with the S/Wing.I'm about 5'10" so any comments from anyone using a taller screen or Laminar Lip would be especially helpful.
To kick off a topic I completely forgot to ask the dealer about service intervals, whether its got a handbrake lock and if the exhaust is stainless steel or not.Someome here's bound to know.I'mnot new to scootyers as Ive had 2 X9 500's since 2003 and have been riding all sorts of two wheelers for best part of 50years and I've at last got a scooter with a name that matches my hair.

HI Brian

Welcome from a 'Man of Kent' also with silver hair and nice to see more of us !!

I purchased new Silverwing January 2009 to join Swing I use for shopping and so on.

I had Honda heated grips fitted (expensive but worth every penny in colder temps) and have changed original screen to a Givi one. This completely transformed ride by removing huge amount of noise and wind buffeting.

I have also removed bulb from underseat light fitting as Honda in their wisdom do not use a 'switched one' which they do on my 2008 125cc Swing. Never will understand designers thinkings as easy to not fully click home seat lock which will leave light on !!!

First service due at 600 miles and thereafter at 4000 mile intervals.

Silencer on UK sourced Silverwings is stainless steel.

I am sure you will enjoy the Silverwing experience

Hope this helps and best regards

Bill
Back to top Go down

JUST JOINED Empty
PostSubject: RE;JUST JOINED   JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Well that's a lot of questions answered and thanks everyone for a nice welcome.Amazing how Honda don't bother to use useful selling tools to enhance the appeal -like mentioning S/S exhaust and parking brake etc., in any of the advertizing blurb.It seems, as is quite common with many products advertized these days, the manufacturers emphasise the sizzle but not always what's in the sausage.(Probably just as well with some bangers!)

Anyway, more anon when I get it and thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down

JUST JOINED Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST JOINED   JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:39 am

Found the online manual but it obviously refers specifically to US spec.08 models and wonder if there's any differences for the 09 version apart from ABS.I know I'll get one with mine but its handy to keep one available on the PC and apart from US/IMP measures being different are there any significant differences worth noting.
I'm also considering fitting Oxford heated grips or maybe handlebar muffs as the Honda grips are hideously expensive. Any reccomendations or suggestions welcomed especially if they're based on personal useage.

Oops! forgot to mention if using Tyreseal affects the warranty as there's nothing specifically mentioned as far as I can see that says it should'nt be used.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

JUST JOINED Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST JOINED   JUST JOINED I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi and welcome, this is a great forum with a lot of people ready to help..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JUST JOINED Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST JOINED   JUST JOINED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JUST JOINED
Page 1 of 1