Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Scala Rider G4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Scala Rider G4 Empty
PostSubject: Scala Rider G4   Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:07 pm

For Christmas I got the Scala Rider G4 Powerset helmet intercom system and today I got them installed on our helmets. I still have the other pieces charging so I don't know how they work yet, but we'll be doing that this afternoon.

Does anyone have any experience with these?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Scala Rider G4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scala Rider G4   Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:40 pm

We have a set and we really like them. It changes the ride a lot, we now stay engaged with each other through out the complete ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Scala Rider G4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scala Rider G4   Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:48 pm

We have this set and love them. You won't believe how different they make riding together, a great boost for my wife's confidence. They work well, and have great range. I find it best to lock them on all the time rather then depend on the vox. We also have our cell phones paired and that works well also. I highly recommend them!
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Scala Rider G4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scala Rider G4   Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:09 pm

We got them installed and probably looked weird sitting at our computers with out helmets on talking to one another. Had a little trouble with the radios in them but finally got that kink worked out. One thing I didn't like was that the intercom part of it seems to be much quieter than the radio so that if you're listening to the radio at acceptable levels you wont be able to hear the other person talking very well, or if you can talk at acceptable levels, the radio will be blasting in your ear when you go back. The cell phone interface was really cool. I've never had any blue tooth devices before.

Will report back after we've road tested them, which may be a couple months according to the weather man.
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Scala Rider G4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scala Rider G4   Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:08 pm

The units will auto adjust the volume depending on the outside noise- priority is usually given to phone then intercom. I've never had a problem listening to music, using the phone or the intercom. There is a firmware update available from their website that addresses some of the sound issues as well as a few others. You should check if your units need it if you haven't done so already.
Happy Trails
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Scala Rider G4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scala Rider G4   Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up wayneliz. I was aware that you could upgrade the firmware but had not tried to do so until you mentioned it. I did not know that you could mess with the settings of the headsets on your computer! That helped me out a LOT!

Thanks bunches.
Back to top Go down

Scala Rider G4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scala Rider G4   Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:17 am

My buddy has a set .He installed it in my helmet ,he has a noisy kawasaki
I had to listen to all that gear changing and noise . On the way home I turned it off . It is probably better with Silver wing .
Back to top Go down

Scala Rider G4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scala Rider G4   Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Have the Scala 4 and Scala 2. Both are great.

As it has been said makes traveling together much nicer. Makes it much less stressful for me knowing what is going on with the wife.

Never had any problem with the background noise. Nearly all of it is cancelled out. I know when I am on the phone through the Scala most of the time the person I am talking to doesn't even know I am on the bike.

When I am on the VTX 1800 it is loud and the Scala filters it well. I hear the exhaust noise very little to none coming from the wife's unit. She rides a Shadow 750 with Vance and Hines pipes and they speak up quite a bit.

Will be using the Scala 2's on helmets for the Daughters and Granddaughters when they are on the Wing....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scala Rider G4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scala Rider G4   Scala Rider G4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scala Rider G4
Page 1 of 1