Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:09 am

» Drive belt prices
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

This Person is CRAZY!!!!

Go down 
+6
Opalsboy
RickV
pancho
Waspie
jdeereanton
DennisB
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

This Person is CRAZY!!!! Empty
PostSubject: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:06 am

Hi All,

I just opened this e-mail from...WHO THE HELL KNOWS! Just a obvious underhanded ploy to get personal information form good people. I copied it and pasted it here.

This cracks me up...Check it out:

"we are shorting down all unused addresses in our site .you will have to update your account
so that we will know that it's a present active account. to complete your account, you must reply
to this email immediately and enter your account informations below"

1.) Email:
2.) P.ssword:
3.) Date of birth:

Account owner that refuses to maintain his or her account will loose account. permanently from our site.
Warning !!! Email user that refuses to maintain his/her account
we have the account deactivated permanently.

Thanks for using Cox,
Cox Comm Team."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:12 am

Yep, Dennis. That's called phishing. I suggest you call Cox customer support, if you have Cox, and report it. I'd call them even if I didn't have an account. Some low life tried it with me concerning Bank Of America and I don't even have a Bank Of America account. I called them to let them know. They seemed very appreciative and asked me to forward the email to an email address that addresses spoofing. They certainly did not ask for any personal info.

There are low lifes everywhere.

Last edited by Hardcore Rider on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:12 am

They could at least have offered some financial re-numeration in exchange for your compliance.

I was recently given a chance to help with the transfer of $1.2 millions, 850 Millions US dollars and $35 millions. One of the offers was from a soldier in Iraq who had found the money and the others were closures of estates - one in Africa and the other in England. I'd like the money, but don't want to share my bank account info so I passed.

All of them were obviously bogus, and the first clue was the poor grammar and misspellings.

What is sad is these things do work - not often, but often enough that they keep going.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 am

Yup thats 'phishing' for you Dennis.

I even had one purporting to be from the US IRS saying I had a sum owing to me for over paid taxes!!!

Not bad for a UK citizen I thought.

I reported it and attached the bogus email to them and they said they were passing it on for investigation.

The original email looked so professional too I imagine some folk may have responded.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:22 am

Just got off phone with cox. They are looking into this. This person needs some jail time or have their fingers deboned.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:32 am

DennisB wrote:
Just got off phone with cox. They are looking into this. This person needs some jail time or have their fingers deboned.

If the guy is that clever he will be hidden behind several computers and nigh on un-traceable. Although not always.

Hope they do catch these criminals who try to take what little money innocent decent folk have.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:51 am

It's not just this person, Dennis. Like Waspie said, it's all these scammers. We work hard for our money and they think we should just give it to them when they haven't done a lick of honest work. I get emails all the time wanting me to 'help' someone with the proceeds of an estate for a ridiculous sum of money. Like 35% or 60 million or some such. Even got one email from a "Sgt George Lucas" supposedly stationed in the Baghdad area of Iraq. The subject read "Clarion call from the caves of war" Rolling Eyes And George Lucas? Isn't that the Star Wars guy? rolling laughter

Anyway he was saying he needed some help, didn't specify what, but I assume money for his great grand mothers hysterectomy or such. I just deleted it.

If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is.
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:01 am

Don't forget your bank acc. #,C.C. #, and S.S. # , if you did you need to do it again..................hahaha
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Dennis,
It is funny you as a Site Admin received this mail - coincidence?

Also be on the lookout for mails from known addresses but with no subject and just a link - had a few friends where there e-mail was taken over and there address lists used to send bogus mails.

It has been mentioned before that you wonder how productive these people would be if their efforts were directed to something legit - but they must get enough hits to make this stuff better than working.

Good work.

Rick V
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Ya Know...This Spam e-mail, did not have my e-mail address on it. I think that was part of the information this bad person wanted to get from me and was not related to this sight at all.

Ain't this a crazy world or what!!!!
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Hey Dennis... the person that sent you the phish is not crazy at all.... the crazy is the one that sends him the information he asks for.
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:30 pm

As long as there are people who have money there will be people out trying to separate those people from it.... by any means necessary.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:37 pm

They wont be caught. Your just 1 of probably 200,000 identical emails sent out, by thousands of nigerian scammers. Dont take it to personally, your email addresses aren't any secret on the internet for anyone who wants it, or comes across it. At work we have lots of fun with them, its called scam-baiting. Its amazing what you can get them to do, all for the empty promise of money!

check out this site.www.419eater.com and go to the trophy room, you will have a good laugh!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:57 am

I get an official looking receipt from apple for purchasing a lot of songs on Itunes, which I never did.

Of course it gives a link right in the email to a realistic looking fake apple site which the irate email recipient goes to immediately.

Of course you have to log in.
When you do, they have your user name and password.

But I looked close before doing so and realized that even though it came to me, it wasn't my exact email address, and the actual address of the fake apple site didn't jibe.
That's when I realized it was a scam.

Called apple and they said there was nothing they could do.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:14 am

One little tip. If you roll your mouse over any link in any email, it will show up somewhere on your browser before you actually click it. I use Chrome and it shows in a little box on the lower left of my monitor. Other browsers are different, but I am pretty sure that all do it somewhere you can view the links actual location. If you get a link from somewhere.com and when you roll over it and it says anything different you can be suspicious.

Another tip is: most phish mail-outs do not use your actual name... they will use something like "Dear Customer" or similar generic term.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:15 am

Since we last posted, today I received some great news....

"Your Email id has won £1,000,000.00 GBP send below info for claim:" ... not being familiar with the little leaning L with the line through it, I wasn't sure if I was going to become rich or not. It was from "ExxonMobil Promotions "... wow... ExxonMobil is very very rich, so my pulse increased as I rolled over the link from ExxonMobil Promotions. I don't know anyone at Exxon but d-dkaster must be a really big shot with the company cause this guy is identified when I did the roll over...d-dkastner@sbcglobal.rich guy"... some of you may know him. Obviously he already knows me or he wouldn't be offering me all those little "leaning Ls"... not being a greedy guy.. I want to share my success with you. All I was asked for was my name ... wait a minute, I thought he already knew me.. my address... I guess he wants to come join me on my porch and discuss oil fracking... and my telephone number... I really need another phone buddy to call me during dinner or in the middle of a football game on tv.
Since we are all friends... you send me your name, address and phone number and I can forward that information directly to d-d kaster. You will thank me later....

Last edited by Opalsboy on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed the d-d link to an inactive address... did not want to get anyone in trouble)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:56 am

a couple of times iv'e had people say theyv'e had emails from my address trying to sell them stuff.and had to change passwords to stop them .
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Computers can and are often infected with virus that send out email unbeknownst to the computer owner. Some hijack your email address book and send messages to those addresses and some will start sending out spam for the person who launched the virus. One of my computers caught one a couple years ago. I noticed it because of the excessive activity of my hard drive.

BTW - if any of you have some spare room I can store all the extra cash I keep getting helping Nigerian Ministers get their money out of the country, winning the Irish, English, and other sweepstakes not to mention at least twice winning the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes and have all our spare rooms stuffed with wads of cash as well as the garage. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Person is CRAZY!!!!   This Person is CRAZY!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Person is CRAZY!!!!
Page 1 of 1