Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!

Go down 
+2
wingmann
DennisB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! Empty
PostSubject: Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!   Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:33 am

I think I just caught a tracking virus from an email from "kelly". What it does is put another little screen up when try to post a message (not normal to this forum). I'm over on my friends computer at this time. I did this just to check and now I'm sure that my PC was hit and now has a something wrong

So if you get a email from kelly...don't open it.
Back to top Go down
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

PostSubject: Mite help but not sher   Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:40 pm

This may not be the way to fix this but I do not think it will hert anything . Try to put your computer into safe mode and then go back in time to a date before you got the bad thing and see if that gets rid of your trouble . I have done this in the past on my computer and it has helped most of the time . But I do not know alot about computers I just was thinking it mite work.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!   Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Got It!!! I talked to my neighbor and we ran some tests. Looks like is was a one time tracking worm. This person wanted to know what I was typing. Dose not look like he got any information from me.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!   Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Dennis... don't worry about Kelly... he called me on the phone and asked if you were a friend. I told him you were a very dear friend and that I knew all of your personal information and would be glad to share it with him. It took a while for him to record it all, but we finally finished it up. He told me he was going to use the information to obtain for you a share of a fund in Lybia. The fund was discovered recently and they have traced it to your family. All he needed was some information to verify your identity and account numbers of the account to move the funds into. You can thank me later. And I am not expecting any reward for helping you out like this. Just helping you will be reward enough. Man, I feel good that I was able to help you. I know you will do the same for me some time. Wink
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!   Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks Gary for your help. I was starting to get worried.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!   Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:57 am

wingmann wrote:
This may not be the way to fix this but I do not think it will hert anything . Try to put your computer into safe mode and then go back in time to a date before you got the bad thing

May work on a MS PC. A useful tool above and beyond AV software is to run 'Stinger'. it works through your PC to identify and remove new malicious virus' and the like.

'Stinger' is part of the McAffee stable of tools.

(This very reason was why I transitioned over to Mac).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!   Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:37 am

Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! File.php?avatar=58964_1263844571
Back to top Go down
The D
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
The D

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!   Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:07 am

alejom wrote:
Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! File.php?avatar=58964_1263844571

Ditto!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!   Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bummer!!! I thought I knew this person!
Page 1 of 1