Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 3:59 am

» noise under load
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A new SilverWing?

Go down 
+6
john grinsel
Waspie
bigbird
skiwoods
sonuvabug
pja
10 posters
AuthorMessage
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:50 am

The following is a Google translation from a post on the French website http://www.scooter-station.com:

"It is now an open secret: Honda should introduce a new Maxiscooter in Milan. But which one? Anti T-Max, as the Griffon concept presented in Tokyo in 2003? A SW-T 600 hi-tech? Or a brand new vehicle, combining the style of the GT-sport VFR 1200 F étrennées technological solutions on the DN-01? Scooter-Station enlighten you ...

We can not say that journalists jostled on the Honda stand the last exhibition in Cologne. It is understood elsewhere: no new motorcycle or scooter was presented at Intermot. Honda reserves in effect for Milan, where the manufacturer will unveil 8 models in brief. In any case, that hammer the latest press release of the brand winged. On our favorite segment, where the speed is king, we know that Honda will introduce, among others, a new Maxiscooter for the European market. There is little chance that the craft resembles the very conceptual Griffon as we had been presented at the Tokyo Motor Show in 2003. However, to truly undermine the hegemonic Yamaha TMAX on its own ground, Max could take the features of the scooter we had imagined last year. (Read the article about the Honda TMAX killer here)

At the time, we imagined in effect until the VFR 1200 F, the same style "grand touring sport" could be of interest to users looking for a scooter that is both comfortable and stylish. To do this, the newcomer would have an aluminum frame, cast as the TMAX. To make it rigorous enough to face all the curves in style, it should also be equipped with an engine in central position, large diameter wheels, a final drive and a separate mono-shock. Several elements of transmission should also be inspired solutions used on the DN-01. The product we looked attractive, the style that we had also imagined, but a problem of costs remains, and even more so in these times when there is no good out revolutionary products ... therefore expensive. The market down, is clearly not yet ready for such innovation.

A SW-T 600 at the forefront of technology

So, we think it will be more like a SW-T 600, which we redesigned to be presented in Italy. We believe that the scooter will have a more advanced technology than the current 600 Silverwing GTactuellement distributed in Japan. Given the success encountered by the PCX, why not graft the system at Stop and Go Maxiscooter range? And to better utilize the power of its twin 600 cm3 for the less efficient, this machine could "recycle" the transmission of robotic DN-01. It would become a huge Forza (the luxurious scooter 250 cm3, which is no longer in the catalog of the mark). Thus equipped, the Japanese have finally Maxiscooter GT cards to impress, and why not take ascendancy over its competitors, Yamaha head. This scooter will be there day in Milan? The denouement is imminent, so stay tuned! Live Lounge, Scooter-Station will not fail to keep you informed.
"

Here is a rendering of what the french would like to see:

A new SilverWing? Maxiscoot_Honda_2010

I hope they are right!

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

The scoot in the pic does absolutely nothing positive for me.

It would certainly catch my attention if it was the E4-01 concept. ~ bugjr ~
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:02 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
The scoot in the pic does absolutely nothing positive for me.

It would certainly catch my attention if it was the E4-01 concept. ~ bugjr ~

Plus 1. That thing is ugly. About the only thing I like about it is the bigger wheels.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:03 am

I like it, especially the modern looking muffler.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:05 am

Thumbs up for the larger wheels especially the low profile rear but that front fairing!!!!! Nooooooooo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:19 am

As somebody who rides: I see poor weather/wind protection in the French picture.

Price: anything over $5,000 would be high

Easy to work on? No adj valves, spare tire, too, ABS, outside temp gauge, heated grips, 4 way flashers, bright colors so idiots on the road can see you...before they run over you----radio?....distraction for me.....luggage/storage to be carried low...not like current SilverWing with top bos 5 ft in air.

As a person who usually buys at least one new bike/scooter a year I see little movement in the Maxi scooter area----I would like great air management, easy to work on, belts (if that is way to go) last 50,000 miles. Price, non- stepped seat.
Big displacement not necessary----many Americans think they need big engines, but would fill their pants at German speeds, say 400 single fine. These are scooters should remain light, SilverWing is a bit of a pig on scale.

Final design should be that you do not need to change seat, buy a series of windshields to get comfort right. We don't buy new cars and swap out seats or windshields, should be same on bikes/scooters.

John Grinsel I am buying a new bike/scooter in the coming months, and there ain't much out there......and I have age, handicap and experience to consider.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 am

john grinsel wrote:
As somebody who rides: I see poor weather/wind protection in the French picture.
I too do not think that French picture will afford much in the way of wind protection. I do not however have any idea about the proposed bike itself.

john grinsel wrote:
Price: anything over $5,000 would be high
Now I agree with John on this - they actually should not be permitted to make a profit of any type through the sale of their machinery. In a truly egalitarian world they should pay us to ride. But, in the real world, what drives the $5,000 price point?

I like it, as a person that rides. And I don't look forward to the day that a spare tire is rigueur du jour. Imagine what that will add to the bottom line.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm

In real world there is still stuff out there under the $5,000 limit....with enough performance to keep from getting run over--ex. Kymco Grand Vista, Suzuki GS500E (great bike available discounted now, my GS500E went 62,000 miles in 15 months, except fork seals first week). How much you spend does not determine how much fun you have! Great to have cheap bike nobody wants to steal!
And considering bikes/scooter have no heater/AC/radio, etc I like to shoot for the $5,000 when I can----look you can get a new Hyundai, with windows you roll up yourself, AC for about $11,000 with $2,000 in rebates, so could be on road for $10,000-----better bargin than scooter.

Just like to see stuff priced fairly.......weak dollar does not help. Every dealer I have purchased from made something on the deal.

John Grinsel At what my next scooter will be priced at, who knows?

Back to top Go down
Vintruvious
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-11

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:53 pm

The pic really seems to be approaching the DN-01 model. Without a nice foot rest area and big pass through I think the scooter looses a lot of the ease and convenience it has over a motorcycle. Granted my street bike is an RC-51 which does not like putting around town and is kind of a beast. But there is something really comfortable and easy about the pass through deck. The hump in the Swing is about as big as i'd like to see, and would even like to see it smaller,or at least thinner.

A scooter should be a scooter, and a motorcycle a motorcycle, when the lines blurred I think you lose what makes each one unique and fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lvvjjr.com
hoss55
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hoss55

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-04-21

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:01 pm

I like the larger wheels.
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Me too...larger wheels would definitely be nice...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new SilverWing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new SilverWing?   A new SilverWing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new SilverWing?
Page 1 of 1