Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
my silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

my silverwing

Go down 
+3
JeffR
masscoot
steve
7 posters
AuthorMessage
steve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-02

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 pm

hello from florida - just picked up my 07 silverwing today - 4000 miles - 5 yr warr. - givi windshield and passenger backrest. I plan on putting my tow-pac insta trike kit on this scooter as soon as the kit is removed from my 07 burgman 650. I have experienced big time trouble with the insta trike on the burgman - busted mounts on the frame - etc. I hope to have much better luck with the silverwing....steve
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:28 pm

Welcome Steve,

Good luck with the SW!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:26 am

Steve,

Welcome to forum and hope the kit works with the SWing. Does the same kit work for both the B650 and SWing? Keep us informed on how it works and post some pics in the Gallery. You can create your own Album there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:50 am

JeffR wrote:
Welcome to forum and hope the kit works with the SWing. Does the same kit work for both the B650 and SWing?

When Blackbeard (from www.burgmanusa.com) had his Tow Pack trike installed on his Burgman 400 at the Tow Pack dealer. I asked the dealer if the same Tow Pack would fit the SWing ... his answer was yes (and the Burgman 650 too) ... just needed a different mounting bracket $250.00.

I am curious where the mounting bracket is attached on the SWing.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 am

steve wrote:
hello from florida - just picked up my 07 silverwing today - 4000 miles - 5 yr warr. - givi windshield and passenger backrest.

Welcome to the SWing world and forum.

steve wrote:
I plan on putting my tow-pac insta trike kit on
this scooter as soon as the kit is removed from my 07 burgman 650. I
have experienced big time trouble with the insta trike on the burgman -
busted mounts on the frame - etc. I hope to have much better luck with
the silverwing

Has your problem been the Tow Pack mounts or the Burgman 650 frame??
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 am

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum and enjoy the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:21 am

Hello and welcome aboard look foward to seeing a silverwing trike
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:07 am

Steve,

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
steve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: burgman and insta trike   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:50 pm

honda_silver wrote:
steve wrote:
hello from florida - just picked up my 07 silverwing today - 4000 miles - 5 yr warr. - givi windshield and passenger backrest.

Welcome to the SWing world and forum.

steve wrote:
I plan on putting my tow-pac insta trike kit on
this scooter as soon as the kit is removed from my 07 burgman 650. I
have experienced big time trouble with the insta trike on the burgman -
busted mounts on the frame - etc. I hope to have much better luck with
the silverwing

Has your problem been the Tow Pack mounts or the Burgman 650 frame??
the problem is with the burgman frame and the mounts. the thin tabs off the frame are only to hold up the plastics on the rear of the scooter. the main part of the Y bracket, bolts to these thin tabs. the narrow part of the Y bracket bolts to a much larger bolt that goes into the frame. the guy that tig welded the tabs back on the frame - said he could not believe they designed it that way. I could not believe it either. that is why I am switching to the silverwing. I have been assured it is a more secure and stable mount. The burgman is not at fault......steve
Back to top Go down
steve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:52 pm

ps - anybody want to buy a 2007 burgman 650 with 3500 miles - $1000 corbin dual backrest seat - clearvue shield - etc......
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

steve wrote:
the problem is with the burgman frame and the mounts. the thin tabs off the frame are only to hold up the plastics on the rear of the scooter. the main part of the Y bracket, bolts to these thin tabs. the narrow part of the Y bracket bolts to a much larger bolt that goes into the frame. the guy that tig welded the tabs back on the frame - said he could not believe they designed it that way. I could not believe it either. that is why I am switching to the silverwing. I have been assured it is a more secure and stable mount.

Hopefully the person who assured you knows exactly how the Tow Pack mounting bracket is mounted to the SWing.

With the Tow Pack you would be a prime candidate for a Sumitomo darkside tire (after your tire wears down).
Back to top Go down
steve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:46 pm

bill - he is a trike dealer - mostly champion and others like that (real trikes - not 4 wheelers) He saw the mounts I took off the burgman and he could not believe it either....I am presently re-thinking the whole thing. I still have time. the burgman was a lot faster and smoother than the silverwing. I really enjoyed driving the burgman when it was just a scooter...oh well...steve
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 pm

steve wrote:
bill - he is a trike dealer - mostly champion and others like that (real trikes - not 4 wheelers) He saw the mounts I took off the burgman and he could not believe it either....I am presently re-thinking the whole thing. I still have time. the burgman was a lot faster and smoother than the silverwing. I really enjoyed driving the burgman when it was just a scooter...oh well...steve

If you want faster, there are options.

The true trike'ing with Trinity Trike ( http://www.trinitytrike.com ) is always an option.
Back to top Go down
steve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:18 pm

bill - the trike dealer I deal with has one of those and he is not impressed - many bugs to work out - the place that does them is real close to me - a lot of noise - etc.....steve
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:05 pm

steve wrote:
the trike dealer I deal with has one of those and he is not impressed - many bugs to work out - the place that does them is real close to me - a lot of noise - etc

If you still want the SWing to be faster let us know ... I know there will be several recommendations.
Back to top Go down

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:11 pm

Welcome and enjoy. Hope the trike works out well with the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:49 pm

steve wrote:

Here a a couple of posts from SWing owners with the Tow-Pac or Danson trike just in case they might have similar mounts

http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=27347#pid27347
http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=5740#pid5740
http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=15870#pid15870
p://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=29493#pid29493
Back to top Go down
steve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:10 pm

update on my 650 burgman and insta trike - burgman was brought back last night without the trike kit attached - the re-welded tabs looked good - everything else was a mess. all the plastic on the back was mis-aligned, various screws missing - etc. The guy had taken my swing back to attach the insta trike kit. I called him on his cell and asked if the same guy was doing the work. He said yes - I said NOT TO TOUCH THE SWING as I had mutiple problems with the re-install of the body parts on the burgman including broken attachment tabs. He is bringing everything back on wednesday and if I do anything with the insta trike kit - I will do it myself. I guess I am venting....sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: my silverwing   my silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my silverwing
Page 1 of 1