Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Swing rider in Lexington, KY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RobynDSt
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RobynDSt

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-21

New Swing rider in Lexington, KY Empty
PostSubject: New Swing rider in Lexington, KY   New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:51 am

I just bought a 2005 Swing last week with only 1,600 miles on it. It is in excellent condition & I am having a blast riding it around the Bluegrass region of KY. I have ordered a backrest and grip puppies. Now I'm looking for a pair of saddlebags and a leather jacket (I'm on a tight budget so any suggestions would be appreciated).

I am also looking for riding buddies!

Robyn S. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rainbow-watchers.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Swing rider in Lexington, KY   New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:53 am

Hello Robyn and welcome!
Glad you're enjoying the Silverwing so much.

You could try ebay for saddlebags although a Google Search should turn up some cheap new ones.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Swing rider in Lexington, KY   New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Robyn,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but any saddle bags you might find for the Swing will be soft. There are no (that I can find) hard bags, other than a single right side Givi.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
RobynDSt
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RobynDSt

PostSubject: Re: New Swing rider in Lexington, KY   New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Is it not desirable to have soft saddle bags?

Robyn
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New Swing rider in Lexington, KY   New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:48 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Robyn,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but any saddle bags you might find for the Swing will be soft. There are no (that I can find) hard bags, other than a single right side Givi.
RobynDst wrote:
Is it not desirable to have soft saddle bags?

Robyn,

The beauty of one-way communication is... Well, never mind.

The preference of no, soft, or hard saddle bags is truly a personal preference.

For example for me it is not desirable to have saddle bags.

Although you didn't initially ask, Jon is pointing out that your options are limited to most probably soft bags. There is absolutely nothing wrong with soft bags if that is what you want. There are many manufacturers and suppliers of soft saddle bags. Most if not all come as a pair. They are available in leather and textile.

If what you wanted, although you did not say or indicate such, were hard bags - Jon merely pointed out that there is only one really slick option, made by GIVI and it offers a mount location for only one case not two.

So as to your question, "Is it not desirable to have soft saddle bags?" I can not say what your desires are, as for me I don't want them, if that helps you? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: New Swing rider in Lexington, KY   New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:01 pm

By the way, Welcome to the forum. There are many very nice roads in the Bluegrass state. I particularly enjoyed riding across the southern part of your state on US119 east from US25. The north east part of the state is pretty nice as well.
Back to top Go down
RobynDSt
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RobynDSt

PostSubject: Re: New Swing rider in Lexington, KY   New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks Dale.....I appreciate your input regarding the saddle bags and the ride suggestions.

I took a scenic ride this morning from Lexington out Old Frankfort Pike then down to Versailles and back to Lexington on the country roads. The horse farms were so pretty and there were several mares & foals up near fences. I love Lexington!

Robyn
Smile
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: New Swing rider in Lexington, KY   New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Robyn,

That southern run will be through some pretty hard scrabble country. Not as lush as the horse country, but since I have a real interest in coal country and the recovery of the land from coal mining, I found it facinating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Swing rider in Lexington, KY   New Swing rider in Lexington, KY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Swing rider in Lexington, KY
Page 1 of 1