Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Happy S'Winger from Texas

Go down 
+3
honda_silver
JeffR
Meangreen88
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Meangreen88
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Happy S'Winger from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Happy S'Winger from Texas   Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi everone,

I'm a recent owner of a beautiful 2009 model by way of my wife. I have been driving a Vulcan 900 for the past year (former Ninja owner) as my wife wanted to ride on the back. Then she decided she wanted to drive but due to her arthritis, she wanted an automatic. She had first liked the Honda Reflex but I wanted her to have a bit more power. At a dealership to look at a Suzuki Burgman 400 there was this 2009 SW nearby marked down heftily. We both were excited at the price and bought it. As I was driving it home (about 35 miles) I was blown away by the power and smoothness. And yes, I got the grin. I also got the grief from my riding buddies and told them they really need to try this out to understand. They didn't know scooters could go over 100 and hold all that stuff under the seat. I rode it as much as I could and told my wife I really need to ditch my Vulcan and get a scooter. I was going to get a Burgman 650 as the SW was a bit confining to me. However, after my wife got her license, she really found the Wing too big and heavy (she's 5' tall). So, back where we started, we got her a used Reflex 250 sport and she just loves it. It really does fit her better and it can go highway speeds just fine, although it takes a bit longer to reach those speeds. I now am the proud owner of the Wing and my Vulcan so I have my cake and get to eat it, too. I may end up selling the Vulcan at some point because it really doesn't hold a candle to the S'Wing. I've removed the backrest and now have plenty of room and look forward to adding a couple of goodies to make it more me. I've been perusing this forum for a bit and I've seen a lot of good information. I have a few questions I'll be posting that I haven't really seen clear answers to. Awesome bike we have.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Happy S'Winger from Texas   Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:17 am

Hey Meangreen,

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new SWing. It is a great bike and very smooth. If you have any questions please just away since that's what this site is for. Also, if you want to get your wife's Reflex to have much better acceleration you can do what is called the "K-mod". The Reflex uses 6 rollers which are 2 different weights. If you take 3 of the rollers out, and I can find out which ones, you will get much better acceleration. There is a "Yahoo groups" for the Reflex that has some great info.

But there are also many things to do to the SWing to make it even better and if you are one, like many of us here, that like to modify the SWing it will make it much better in performance and comfort. Please go to the "Albums" section and create your own folder to post pics of your SWing, Reflex, and Vulcan.

Maybe you can even post a review between the Vulcan and SWing sometime. We all like reading comparisons here too. Most of us have m/c's or used to ride m/c's a lot.

Here is the link to the Yahoo Reflex site:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondareflexowners/

Here is the K-mod instructions:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/QGZnTBrlMp1lOW9ZyaTc2ZDFdaI-ukFeU0QzU-o5NQOY05izPAWkOuDLV0yj4vw_0LXaiMOA_1VWzvPXwrPz8fcVtEkJMsDBdgrxgSkF8Eym3bOfBg/K-Mod%20procedure.pdf

If you do this your wife will get up to speed much, much quicker.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Happy S'Winger from Texas   Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:40 am

Meangreen88 wrote:
I'm a recent owner of a beautiful 2009 model by way of my wife.

Welcome to the friendlies Silverwing forum ... and Silverwing world.

Meangreen88 wrote:
I also got the grief from my riding buddies and told them they really need to try this out to understand.

Some people can learn from other experiences, though some people will never learn if they do not experience themselves.
Back to top Go down
Meangreen88
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Happy S'Winger from Texas   Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:02 am

Thanks for all that good information Jeff. I read about the K-mod recently as I was trying to see what the deal was with the acceleration of her 250. I couldn't figure out why it was drooping when I got to 30. I was relieved to see that this "dead spot" is just a quirk and was not a malfunction with the bike. I might start with the K-mod and later maybe install J Costas on both our bikes. Either way, she needs more get up and go even if she thinks she doesn't Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Happy S'Winger from Texas   Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 4:12 am

Hello and welcome, Mr & Mrs Meangreen! Happy S'Winger from Texas Icon_cheers

Nothing's perfect but the Silverwing gets pretty close to it. Happy S'Winger from Texas Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Happy S'Winger from Texas   Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:40 am

Meangreen88

Welcome to the forum - Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Happy S'Winger from Texas   Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:38 am

Hi Meangreen88,

Welcome to the forum. Happy you decided to join in. Happy S'Winger from Texas Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Happy S'Winger from Texas   Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Welcome aboard have a great read and ride.
Craig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy S'Winger from Texas   Happy S'Winger from Texas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy S'Winger from Texas
Page 1 of 1