Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New guy from Texas

Go down 
+6
larryinseattle
"Hi Yo"
honda_silver
JeffR_
DennisB
ucwinters
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ucwinters
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-01-07

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Picked up a nice '07 Silverwing (ABS) today and looking forward to putting some miles on it. Have previously owned a Reflex, Burgman 400, Agility 125, and still have a Zuma 50 cc mosquito fogger. Also ride motorcycles (currently have a Honda ST1300). Looking forward to learning about the Silverwing from this forum. Think that my first farkel will be a vented Clearview windscreen.

Ed W.
Universal City, TX
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Ed,

Welcome to the forum and it is good to have you. We have quite a few members from Texas so you may be able to meet some of them. If you are looking for a new windshield you may want to think about the Givi Airflow. I'm not sure how cold it gets there in the winter but I know it gets hot there and the airflow would be great in the hot weather. Tell us how you like the SWing after a few miles. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:52 am

Welcome to the friendliest Silverwing forum. Please add yourselves (or post to be added) to the Silverwing600 Google Map https://www.silverwing600.com/t3322-silverwing600-google-map#30262

ucwinters wrote:
Think that my first farkel will be a vented Clearview windscreen.

If you plan on riding the Silvering during the winter ... the Clearview windshield is wider (~4-6 top and ~12 bottom) then the Givi windshield and AirFlow which provides greater protection including the inside portion of the hand grips.

ucwinters wrote:
Universal City, TX

About 1.5 hours from Georgetown, Tx.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New guy from Texas 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:04 am

welcome Howdy Ed from an old guy in Texas. Before you add a windshield, do a search on windshields in the search function at the top of the forum. There is a lot of information available. With your experience, you should be able to decide what is best. You're in a sweet area for riding the hill country or a quick trip to the gulf. As I said, welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride. small moped small moped
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:32 pm

New guy from Texas Scaled.php?server=819&filename=welcome47l

Welcome from Seattle.

We really enjoy detailed ride reports with pictures.
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Welcome, from cold Boise, Idaho!

Bob
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Welcome aboard Ed. welcome
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Welcome to the nuthouse Ed.
Back to top Go down
Gary In Houston
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-01-14

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello new guy from another brand new guy in Houston Texas. My name is Gary. I have a 2002 maroon Silverwing. I had a 2003 a few years back, & switched to a 1200 BMW LT. What a difference in weight, about 280 pounds
Back to top Go down
ucwinters
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-01-07

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Gary In Houston wrote:
Hello new guy from another brand new guy in Houston Texas. My name is Gary. I have a 2002 maroon Silverwing. I had a 2003 a few years back, & switched to a 1200 BMW LT. What a difference in weight, about 280 pounds

Hey Gary,

I can identify w/ the difference in the weight thing - was riding a GL1800 Goldwing when I got my first scooter (Reflex) off of Craig's List - kept it for about a year and then traded it for a Burgman 400 which I really enjoyed.
Took my Silverwing for a putt today w/ the wife on the back from San Antonio over to San Marcos on backroads with a short blast on the Interstate. Handled just great. We were both wearing flip-lid helmets so the windblast was manageable but waiting for the new windscreen to arrive midweek and get it put on. Plan on getting the Givi backrest for the wife. She did say that the passenger floorboards on the Burgman were more comfortable for her knees than the pegs on the Silverwing.
Hope to do my first oil change real soon.

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:53 am

Welcome to you too Gary.

Blmey, Texas must be the most densely populated place on the planet for Honda Silver Wings!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Gary In Houston
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks for the welcome. Texas has great riding weather this time of year for the most part. As soon as I got my 2nd swing 2 months ago I had to have a stereo so I added a Jensen MSR 2107 Marine radio. Now it`s a lot better riding, although I am so tall my head is too high above my Givi windscreen. I may have to add some rear speakers. I put the amp under the seat, & velcroed the remote near the gas cover close to the bottom of the seat. Had a hard time finding clamps to mount the speakers to the handlebar. I guess the size is 7/8 inch. There just isn`t much room with the brake assembly on the bars. I also have a thick gel pad on the seat that causes me to be above the Give screen. I wish the Screen was about 3 inches taller.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New guy from Texas 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Gary In Houston wrote:
Texas has great riding weather this time of year for the most part.
Unless you're in Amarillo. Same state-Different worlds. I've read of people adding a laminar lip to the top of the windshield. Anyway, welcome to the forum. Enjoy the ride. small moped small moped
Back to top Go down
Gary In Houston
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Does anyone know about the laminar lip to the top of the windscreen. Does it add a few inches of windscreen? Also is there a switch for the light under the seat. My battery went dead the other day. Thanks, Gary
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Gary In Houston wrote:
Also is there a switch for the light under the seat. My battery went dead the other day.

No.

Either remove the bulb or or replace with an Acura light with switch ( https://www.silverwing600.com/t259-interior-light-with-manual-switch#1404 )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy from Texas   New guy from Texas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy from Texas
Page 1 of 1