Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Yesterday at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6

Go down 
+16
Opalsboy
DennisB
honda_silver
Sweendog
edbancro
GaryL
Hammy
jdeereanton
MaxB
john grinsel
KurtPerthWA
JeffR
Slick-Tenn
MikeO
bigbird
SWing2010
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SWing2010
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guys,

Rotella T6 5W-40 now has JASO MA certification, it is available at Wally world for $6 a quart. When my SWing reaches 3000 miles, in she goes. Let the flames begin, SWing
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Slick-Tenn
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:51 pm

bigbird wrote:
Slick-Tenn wrote:
I am an Amsoil dealer

That totally explains why you're so down on heavy duty engine oils in motorcycle engines.
Not so much "down on" as it is this: I want to do the very best for my equipment - to get the best performance, to protect it for longevity, and for peace of mind while running down the road. I studied oils for several years before I decided to become an Amsoil dealer. Their products are ALWAYS at the top - the best in the world of their kind. Period. Whenever anybody ever touts the merits of their (lesser) product, Amsoil has a better product. Period. Amsoil products, when used as intended, are generally CHEAPER to use due to their longevity.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Amsoil is the best oil ever created, it is the only oil I use and you're wrecking your scooter if you use anything else.

Rotella is the best oil ever created, it is the only oil I use and you're wrecking your scooter if you use anything else.

Mobil 1 is the best oil ever created, it is the only oil I use and you're wrecking your scooter if you use anything else.

Valvoline is the best oil ever created, it is the only oil I use and you're wrecking your scooter if you use anything else.

Honda Spec is the best oil ever created, it is the only oil I use and you're wrecking your scooter if you use anything else.

(_________) is the best oil ever created, it is the only oil I use and you're wrecking your scooter if you use anything else.

And that's the truth. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:57 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:18 am

There ya go,now we're finally treating an oil thread with the repect such a discussion deserves.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:44 am

There is only one way to tellif one oil is better than another.
1/. Pour a small amount (1/2 teaspoon at most) into a crucible of aluminium foil.
(not going too fast an I?)
2/. Light a match or other flame source under it.

3/. If it snarls crackles and pops, the oil you have purchased is a LOW Quality recyled crap that will damage your motor. Recycled oil cannot be cracked(petrochemical term) and therefore can contain Mono hydrodi- oxide, a chemical that is actually very abundant, We cannot live without it but it kills hundreds of people around the world annually. When emulsified with engine oil it can be catastrophic to the moving parts.
Its amazing stuff as it is added with full government support into nearly all of our edible consumables.
OOOPS I digress,
4/. If it doesn't snap crackle or pop its good oil priced according to the number of colours used on the container and the number of great sounding chemical names printed on the label

Apparently we here in Oz have knowledge of a large conglomerate with huge stockpiles of the monohydrodioxide oil laced with sodium chloride in the lower US states and is desperate to sell this lot off to the best bidder. Be aware be very aware when buying cheap no name branded oil, especially down south. If in doubt remember the test, it really does work.

Last edited by KurtPerthWA on Sat May 07, 2011 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Is it raining? Surprised

And why are you standing so close to me with your stuff in your hand? Shocked

Hey you're pissing on my leg! Laughing

Oil with H2O indeed!
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:19 am

Getting ready to do my first oil change on my SWing (used, 24K) and was going to ask about Rotella (used it in my Vulcan and it worked well-engine redline at 8500 rpm w/70 mph at 5200 rpm).

Glad I read this all the way through and didn't actually ask the question!!!

Bob
Back to top Go down
Texas Winger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:57 am

Extra virgin olive oil for my scoot. And it tastes good too. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:44 am

Texas Winger wrote:
Extra virgin olive oil for my scoot. And it tastes good too. Rolling Eyes

I've never had virgin olive oil on the pillion of my motorcycles, but most of us have tried to entice a virgin or two for a ride. That could start a whole new thread.:lol!:
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:28 pm

I have a question......

Why does the gas price go UP & UP ,but not oil?????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:09 pm

pancho wrote:
I have a question......

Why does the gas price go UP & UP ,but not oil?????? Shocked

It has around my area.

Gotta love oil threads!
EVOO, yes, tastier connecting rods and crispier valves!
Of course, Orville Redenbacher butter flavor popcorn oil smells great while riding! Laughing

Not that I advocate its use for anyone else but I tend to like the BMW semi-synthetic motorcycle oil.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:50 pm

WOW what does the beemer oil tase like? can you fry chips in it?

US read "Chips" (proper term) as French frys (ARRRGH try telling that to the shielas at Maccas, goes for tomato sauce and ketchup too)

I recently asked for an "egg and bacon" roll at breakfast and got a blank stare until I asked for a "bacon and egg" roll at Maccas. MMMM now I am hungry, I wonder what oil Maccas frys their whatevers with.
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:04 pm

KurtPerthWA wrote:
WOW what does the beemer oil tase like? can you fry chips in it?

It has a nutty flavour with a hint of castor oil and an slight fruity aftertaste. You can fry chips with it but the flavour lends itself best to a to a deep fried strudel, preferably strawberry.

KurtPerthWA wrote:
US read "Chips" (proper term) as French frys (ARRRGH try telling that to the shielas at Maccas, goes for tomato sauce and ketchup too)

Also know as pomme fritz.

KurtPerthWA wrote:
I recently asked for an "egg and bacon" roll at breakfast and got a blank stare until I asked for a "bacon and egg" roll at Maccas. MMMM now I am hungry, I wonder what oilo Maccas frys their whatevers with.
We do encounter similar stellar customer service here, rest assured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6   Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oily to bed, oily to rise. Rotella T6
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2