Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 10:55 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New to me Reflex

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-05-06

New to me Reflex Empty
PostSubject: New to me Reflex   New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:34 am

Hi All, I did pick up my new to me Reflex with the ABS brakes Friday. It was an interesting trip up to buy the scoot and back home. We had severe thunderstorms and flood warnings going on the whole 90 miles up there. My wife wanted to get a motel room and just wait it out but the weather in Florida can change quickly so I took the wait and see attitude. The test drive was short as it was steering like crap. When I brought it back I gave the tires a good check, no tire gauge with me DUH (lesson learned) The front tire was very low but the guy had a compressor so all was not lost. After airing up the tire it was back on the road for home. The trip back was not too bad as I only had about thirty miles of rain to deal with. Never having riding a Reflex I had no real handling comparisons to deal with so I put the slight wiggle down to very wet roads and a light ride. The next morning I got out the gauge and found the rear had 15 lbs of air and 22 lbs in the front. Off to the gas station, fill up and get the right pressures. Rode about 50 miles Saturday and Sunday the rear tire was back to 15 lbs so again to the gas station for air and a SHORT ride. By the time I got home the tire was flat. I jumped on the trusty Elite and bought some green slime then back to the gas station for air. The next morning all was good with the tire pressures Yea. But I knew I needed tires so I ordered two from Bike Bandit. As my Honda dealer is closed on Monday I called yesterday for an appointment but they will not install any tires not purchased there. After more calls and the same answer from other dealers I stopped by the Bergman dealer and the guy at the counter told me there tire prices were just about as good as on line.(and they were) three dollars more was all. Bike Bandit had not shipped so I canceled and purchased from them. The tire went flat again but this time it's at there shop getting new shoes. I will up date as I go along. New to me Reflex Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

New to me Reflex Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me Reflex   New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Good luck with your new ride! Enjoy.

Ride safe.

Wes New to me Reflex Icon_cheers New to me Reflex Icon_cheers New to me Reflex Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New to me Reflex Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me Reflex   New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Thank you, So far it's a different machine with the new tires and the Givi 210 windshield I installed. So far only 400 miles as I was held back by the tire snafu but I'm having fun!
Back to top Go down

New to me Reflex Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me Reflex   New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm thinking about something like this, or maybe a Big Ruckus for my wife. Please keep us updated and if possible post a picture or two.

Thanks

Dug
Back to top Go down
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New to me Reflex Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me Reflex   New to me Reflex I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:15 am

Hi All, well the 400 miles on my Reflex has somehow turned into 4 thousand. The more I ride it the better I am liking it! I admit to lust though, Silverwing lust, but in this economy being a Realtor (it's almost like being unemployed) I am going to put my lust on hold and enjoy what I have. The scoot has been trouble free and very fun to ride. My average gas mileage is 65 mpg and that's riding around town for the most part. I have added a Bestem 929 box with the light kit for that extra space and visibility.
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to me Reflex Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me Reflex   New to me Reflex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to me Reflex
Page 1 of 1