Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Learning to mind my own business
by "Hi Yo" Today at 1:00 pm

» My SilverWing riding days could be coming to a close
by Meldrew Today at 9:27 am

» New member from the uk
by siataukreg Today at 5:26 am

» Commuting in little rock on darkside....
by GHM-PM Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Snow My Goodness
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 8:02 pm

» Christmas Dinner
by oldwingguy Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:53 pm

» I have a funny feeling about this.
by "Hi Yo" Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:30 am

» Selling my Silver Wing
by joebillybobinark Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:30 am

» Replacement Tyres
by GHM-PM Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 am

» start serious search for new bike/scooter
by Scootypuff Snr Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Reflex as a second scoot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EvilTwin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Reflex as a second scoot   Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:09 am

Going to go look at a Reflex this weekend as a second scoot for my wife who also just got her MC endorsement.  Nice looking bike, this one in particular looks to be well cared for but to me is high miles at around 25K.   It's the first year, a 2001.  Trying to keep the price on the low side, so if she decides riding isn't her thing, then I'll sell it and recoup the cost.  I'm leaning toward something like this because its on the lighter side, 375 lbs but is still highway capable.  It could also work as the scoot we take with the motorhome when we travel.

From the ad:
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin

Number of posts : 2535
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Reflex as a second scoot   Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:00 pm

I had one for a couple of months once and they are nice. But I had to get something bigger since the traffic in the SF bay area is fast and the Reflex, with me on it, topped out at only about 70 actual. But they are very smooth and comfortable. You may want to the the K-mod for better acceleration though. But they are very nice scoots. Yahoo has a great Reflex group and you can get great advice on that site for the Reflex. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverwing600.com
EvilTwin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Reflex as a second scoot   Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:15 pm

Search over.  Not a Reflex, but a nice little scoot for the wife nonetheless.  Bought from an older gentleman who got it new, less than 2000 miles with the factory top box.  I will have to put a taller windshield on it, but other than that, it's good to go.  

First impressions, its well made, nicely finished.  This particular one doesn't have a scratch on it.  Almost half the weight of the swing, which is good for my wife, she isn't a big woman.  Excellent acceleration, at least up to around 30-40 mph.  

Interesting starter, uses the integrated alternator as the starter motor, so when you hit the button, the motor jumps to life immediately, without the typical MC starter noise.  Very similar to her Hybrid car, almost like a slight bump and the motor is running.

It probably wouldn't be a great highway cruiser, though it supposedly can hit 70.  Not a concern, neither she or I plan on doing all that much of that on either bike.

2013 PCX

Back to top Go down

Reflex as a second scoot
Page 1 of 1