Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Empty
PostSubject: A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!   A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi,

I ran across this on the BUSA site some time ago and just recently saw this again. Here is a link to see a few pictures of it. I think it is a cool looking scooter and also think it would be a cool scooter to have if they made it with a 600 cc twin.

http://tfic.com/gallery/main.php/v/OtherScooters/FB-S/
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Honda_10

What do you think of it? And I wonder how much storage it would have had if it were produced. There is just something about this design that really seems like it would be a pretty cool scooter. I think I read it was to be a 250cc or 400 cc bike but don't know for sure.
`
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!   A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 am

It appears to be (have been) a 400cc: http://world.honda.com/Tokyo1997/motor/move1/cypher.html

This one doesn't excite me near as much as the E4-01.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!   A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:44 am

Hi Jeff, Hi Dale and Kim. Looks like the long awaited auto matic Goldwing! That front fender, those wheels, and the real quiz'er......... is that a valve cover poking out from behind the front wheel? A single, or twin like an old air cooled BMW??Very cool. Thanks for posting this Jeff......wonder what else is in Honda's warehouse?. Jeff.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!   A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:29 am

From the link I posted in my earlier post:

A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Fb_s

A new-generation big scooter, the FB-S fuses a high-prestige design with a newly designed boxer twin engine to deliver a riding feel that's more like a motorcycle than a regular scooter.

A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Box01 Length / 2,296mm
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Box01 Width / 805mm
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Box01 Height / 1,311mm
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Box01 Engine type / Liquid-cooled four-cycle boxer-twin
A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Box01 Displacement / 399cm3
So, yes, based on the info in the link and now posted here directly - those are indeed valve covers. It is a "pancake" / "opposing twin" type engine.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!   A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:31 am

Wow......Gotta go to work, but want to follow this as soon as I get home. Thanks Dale. Jeff
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!   A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:38 am

Well, as this scooter was originally displayed as a concept in 1997 at the Tokyo show and nothing else has ever been seen or heard of it since I don't think there is too much to follow. A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Icon_mad

If you would like Honda to build it the best approach you could take would be to line up a few thousand people and get them to commit several thousand dollars each in an escrow account. Then contact Honda with your commitment to purchase a set number of them. If they feel the cost of producing a bike that may not sell in mass quantities, but would produce a little profit for a limited rate production run - they might (not likely) go ahead. A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!   A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 am

Dale & Jeff,

Yeah, there really is nothing to follow but if it were a 600cc and they actually made this bike, it would get me very interested. The E4-01 seems like it was very close to being produced since they did make one and even made a video of it. Honda must have thought this would not have been a big seller in Europe or Asia. The U.S. doesn't buy enough scooters to be thought of as a main seller.

But they both are very cool scooters. I wonder what the E4-01 would have sold for if they did produce it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!   A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:58 pm

You know, the lines are similar enough, that flat twin would appeal to both Gold Wing and BMW riders alike. A gentleman who may have felt the "twinge", while trying to board his Gold Wing, might step down.....actually up.....to an easy to mount, automatic, Gold Wing.....that happens to be a scooter.
I like the E4, but this one seems verrrrry marketable, to a seasoned rider.
Yes....I want a 2011 CBR 1000...... but I would probably be very content with this Honda. It would be traditional enough to remind me of my 73, /5 BMW, yet be new enough to fuel inject me away from the past, and into the convenient future.
Thanks for posting these pics, Jeff and Dale.....Jeff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!   A cool scooter that Honda never made !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A cool scooter that Honda never made !!!
Page 1 of 1