Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:09 am

» Drive belt prices
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi, I'm Dale M

Go down 
+3
JeffR
Jeff Rosenkranz
Dale M
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale M
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dale M

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:53 pm

Have had my 09 Silverwing for a week now. I'm 68, have a Goldwing trike made by Roadsmith and rode motorcycles most of my life. Presently my wife and I live in Keokuk, Iowa, both retired and play a lot of golf. Like my Silverwing... think the backrest may be ok but I like a lot of wind protection especially in the fall when in cools down so I'll probably go with the Givi windshield.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi Dale M. Small world. If you look up at the picture above this post, this is the first rest stop out of Nauvoo. Nice to meet you. I used to work for the Hoerner Y, Camp Paqotce, was a D.J. in the area for 25 yrs. I suppose names like the Addie Mae bring back good memories?? The A+W, the Palace, the Gypsy Dell........ I still visit that river road once a week, for the ride, and a paddle.
Wishing you well and I look forward to your posts. Jeff.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey Dale.......Two weeks ago, I'm paddling in the Mississippi, and decided to go up the creek next to Camp Eastman, and I paddled right up to a green. Google Earth'd it, and realized that I was at Steve and Holly's Great River Road Golf Course. A Gentleman yelled, " You didn't take my ball, did you?" The " Small World Philosophy states....... Yep.....it was probably Dale M. Sell you a Titlelist for 50 cents. Hi, I'm Dale M Icon_smile Jeff.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:00 pm

Hey Dale,

Welcome to the site and congrats on your SWing. It's a good thing you started with a Goldwing first so the awesome power of the SWing doesn't get you in trouble. Hi, I'm Dale M Icon_rolleyes Tell us how you like the SWing when you ride it a bit more. I have had many motorcycles and have had the SWing for a bit over 3 years and still really like it.

As for winshields the Givi is nice as is the Clearview. I had the XL Clearview with the vent and wished I wouldn't have ordered it. Mine flexed alot which is why I bought the Givi. But I was one of the only ones where the Clearview flexed. I did like it better if it wouldn't have flexed but I cut the Givi down a bit and like it too. Post some pics in the "Album" section if you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Dale M
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dale M

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm assuming this reply is going to everybody above here who gave me a welcome and thanks. Jeff, I'm familiar with most of those places you've been talking about and have played golf over at Great River. Like you said, small world and we have to meet sometime. We just got off the course about noon and we play mostly for something to do and exercise. Even though we use a cart its still 3-4 hours of activity couple times a week. Don't think I would have much interest in a kayak but I think its great that you do. Only have 100 miles or so on the Silverwing and after a thousand or so I'll let you know how I like it but mostly I think the Burgman 650 and the Silverwing are about the same. Dale m
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Dale. Little Peoples tourney in Quincy beginning....I have known Nan Ryan since I was a little guy. Before Quincy's Westview Golf Course, The old Indian Trail course, now South Park, entertained my mother, then, Dottie Quentemeyer, and then, Nan Berry. As teenagers, mom and Nan were quite the golfers. Mom has passed, but Nans contributions to the game continues. Nan has a rich history around the Hatchery biz [ chickens....that is], and package liquor stores all over Quincy till around the 80's. Little Peoples her pride and joy.
Do you play Hamiltons course?...Keokuk Country club? Can you get those clubs bungeed to you Silverwing?
Kayaking.....as nuts as this seems......one of my favorite paddles is at Keokuk. I chain up my bicycle to the fence at the George M. Verity riverboat. Drive back to the Ameren property at Hamilton. Put in the Yak, and head for the flow/waves, coming out of the dam. Getting as close to the big ones as possible without getting in them is a life changing experience. Catch an edge......enjoy the rush....cross over to Keokuk......chain up the kayak......pedal the bicycle back to Ameren......drive across the bridge and pick up the kayak. An excellent.....somewhat scary adventure.
Remember the outdoor roller skating rink across from Cardinal Stritch?
Wishing you and the Mrs well....Jeff.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:52 am

Welcome fro me, too, Dale! Hi, I'm Dale M Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Dale M
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dale M

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Introducions   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:07 am

JeffR first... thanks for the backrest tip. Decided I have to improve something there. A backrest is mandatory on all your bikes once you get a little older. On my Burgman I had Russell do the entire seat and add a back rest. The front of scooter seats tend to veer downward. Russell made it just like a motorcycle seat and every once in awhile I have to give myself a kick for getting rid of it. That seat was expensive. Had to try one last time getting back into motorcycles but it didn't work out. Jeff, we never play golf around Quincy. Don't know anything about their courses because its too far away. Have plenty of courses right here close to home. Have already read a lot of posts on this forum and some members do tour with a Silverwing. I tried it with the Burgman, it will run 70 and 80 all day also, even got a cruise control but there was too much wind. My co-rider just couldn't handle that part for hours at a time. Other than that everything worked out. Even had the Givi windshield. Dale
Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:10 pm

hello ther.
I am new as of today 6/22/10 to this sight. also just got a 07 s wing a month ago. I just took my road test a few weeks a go. so I am a rookie. i dod ride and have rode rirt bikes. but this is the first on highway. I live in Albany New York. just love all the info in this \sight. I do want to do some up grades but dont even know where to start. pimp it up as they say. i do like the trikes to start. I ride back and forth to work about 70 miles a day. love it. but still new so get a little nervous. I do ride alot with my ole man. and he is great si tips how to use sight , tips on where tp start on uprades would be great.Ty for all your help in advance
Mimi
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi MiMi,

Welcome to the forum and it's great having you with us. Plenty of good mods, updates, and information to be found here. Post some pictures of your scooter if you get a chance

And again...Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Mimi,

Welcome to the site - enjoy learning more about your ride and about riding.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:06 pm

Mooses OL Lady wrote:
I am new as of today 6/22/10 to this sight. also just got a 07 s wing a month ago.

Welcome to the SWing world and forum.

Mooses OL Lady wrote:
I live in Albany New York.

Mooses OL Lady wrote:
I ride back and forth to work about 70 miles a day.

I am familiar with the Albany area ... where do you commute to??
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:52 am

Welcome from me, too!

You say you're still a little nervous; IMHO a little bit of that is no bad thing - just call it 'self-awareness'.
Too much confidence is BAD! Hi, I'm Dale M Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi, I'm Dale M Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Dale M   Hi, I'm Dale M I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Dale M
Page 1 of 1