Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 4:55 pm

» I said Farewell...
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My New SWing Trike

Go down 
+9
carolina wing rider
The Bern
lloyd193
ItBeMe
Pastor Ron
Meldrew
SteveSilverWing
Cosmic_Jumper
Dale N.
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 6:01 pm

My New SWing Trike Scoot411

My New SWing Trike Scoot211

My New SWing Trike Scoot311

My New SWing Trike Scoot511

Now to just wait for warm weather to ride it. The snow you see on the tires are from riding it up the driveway.

chickendance chickendance chickendance
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Congratulations, Dale. Was it brought in by The Ice Road Trucking delivery service?

Tim
Back to top Go down
SteveSilverWing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
SteveSilverWing

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2015-04-17

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 12:08 am

Hi Dale!

Congratulations on the new SWing Trike! It looks very cool indeed. Funny thing...while riding home this evening I was thinking of you and wondering if you had received your new trike. And here I login to the forum, and here it is -- I love it!!! I am very happy for you and I know you'll enjoy many fun rides to come!!! Winter won't last long this year -- betcha!
bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 6:55 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Congratulations, Dale. Was it brought in by The Ice Road Trucking delivery service?

Tim

Almost Tim. It was actually brought by the Snow Road Truckers...

It was really quite nice yesterday and the next couple of days here are supposed to be above 30 and close to 40. Almost T-Shirt weather...
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 am

SteveSilverWing wrote:
Hi Dale!

Congratulations on the new SWing Trike! It looks very cool indeed. Funny thing...while riding home this evening I was thinking of you and wondering if you had received your new trike. And here I login to the forum, and here it is -- I love it!!! I am very happy for you and I know you'll enjoy many fun rides to come!!! Winter won't last long this year -- betcha!
bounce bounce bounce

So, it was your fault that it took so long to get here. If you would have thought of it while riding home a month or so ago I would have gotten it a month or so ago...

Sorry Steve. I couldn't help myself. It does look very nice in person tho. Can't wait to ride it and see how it handles!!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 am

Nice trike but a bit on the wide side for my taste, but my eyes were drawn to that USCCA decal/sticker on the back. I believe that's the US Concealed Carry Association, so what's all that about then?

It that just a sticker there to deter thieves, or do you go round "packing heat" because it's necessary? scratch
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 11:28 am

Meldrew wrote:
Nice trike but a bit on the wide side for my taste, but my eyes were drawn to that USCCA decal/sticker on the back. I believe that's the US Concealed Carry Association, so what's all that about then?

It that just a sticker there to deter thieves, or do you go round "packing heat" because it's necessary? scratch

Glad you like the trike. I will have to get used to riding it that's for sure. I will have to remember the width while riding it that's for sure. Don't want to rip off a fender or worse.

As far as the sticker goes, a little of both. A deterrent maybe and yes it might be necessary. I never leave home without "it" and hope and pray I'll NEVER have to use it. In MN a permit is good for 5 years. I just re-took my class Sunday and brought the certificate to our Sheriff to get renewed for another 5 years. They do an extensive background check with the State and Feds before they issue a permit. In MN it's just a carry permit which means that I can either carry concealed or in the open. I NEVER carry in the open! I feel that would make me the first target for a bad guy.

I also purchased an iTarget Pro https://www.itargetpro.com/ to practice with. It comes with a cradle that holds an 8 1/2 X 11" target. It comes with a laser of your choice for whichever caliber you want which fits into the pistol and "blinks" when you fire the gun. My cell phone has an app that records where the laser strikes the target when I pull the trigger. It's a lot cheaper than going to the range.

But, enough of that. I can't wait for warm weather so I can take her out for a ride.

Last edited by Dale N. on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 am

This is another sticker I put on both fenders just for the heck of it. Those are only reflectors and not lights.

My New SWing Trike Scoot811
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Awesome Dale ! Looks just like mine.....you are about to have a blast with it. We are more alike than I thought...I too have a CCM permit, however, here in NC you only have to take the class once then renew every 5 years, recently they have tried to pass to do away with all the permits....but not yet. If you ever get up towards the Blue Ridge Mountains give me a shout, maybe we can even meet half way. Once you take her out, be prepared to make longer trips, because when you stop for gas, lights or at stores, people will be wanting to talk to you about your new ride. Again, congratulations.
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Cool Trike Dale, looks almost like mine. A old fart like you will enjoy it. Down here in Ga. almost everybody packs heat. I have my own range in the back so I can shoot any time I want.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 5:21 pm

Dale N. wrote:
This is another sticker I put on both fenders just for the heck of it. Those are only reflectors and not lights.

My New SWing Trike Scoot811

Nice ride, I like your Hornady Decal's, They show good judgement and Rider safety on the cluttered American roads. More than once the presence of a piece has saved my bike and my life.

Happy motoring Lloyd193.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 8:42 pm

My New SWing Trike Yosemi11

We've been at this Rodeo before. Time for you cowboys to back off.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:47 am

Cosmic, Could you please explain what you are talking about and why it appears that you are about to sensor the conversation ?
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Pastor Ron wrote:
Cosmic, Could you please explain what you are talking about and why it appears that you are about to sensor the conversation ?

I'm gonna guess it's about the references to firearms bud ....

ItBeMe wrote:
Down here in Ga. almost everybody packs heat. I have my own range in the back so I can shoot any time I want.

lloyd193 wrote:
More than once the presence of a piece has saved my bike and my life.

There is currently a thread on a UK forum where a dickhead seems to think that carrying a concealed weapon is a good idea. the opinion I expressed didn't go down too well,  that was the polite version as I'm presuming your username means you're a 'member of the cloth'  bud
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Pastor Ron wrote:

The conversation here is about Silverwings --in particular an appreciation of Dale's new trike-- not about any personal preference for carrying firearms. We've gone down the Gunsmoke trail before and it didn't fare well. So I've just posted a heads up regarding the matter.

Jeez, I live in a decidedly urban area and don't feel the need to "pack heat",. So I'm hard pressed to understand why some folks in a rural area would feel the need to do so. A boogey man behind every tree perhaps?

Tim
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Thank you for sharing....as far as why I carry, over the past 10 years or so someone has twice tryed to assult me and cause great bodily harm, without my weapon, I most likely would not be here right now. As a Pastor the Lord does protect me in a way that allows me to hit what I am aming at.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 5:47 pm

+ 1 on leave your guns at home

Back to the trike, I like the tidy appearance of the conversion. two things,
1) does it have a differential or is it a 'solid' axle
&
2) here in the UK it would be required to have white 'marker' lights facing forwards & red rear facing lights on the mudguards/fenders to show other traffic the width
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Pastor Ron wrote:
Thank you for sharing....as far as why I carry, over the past 10 years or so someone has twice tryed to assult me and cause great bodily harm, without my weapon, I most likely would not be here right now. As a Pastor the Lord does protect me in a way that allows me to hit what I am aming at.

Really ?  I read the bible as a young man, I can't recall where it said that it was right & proper for 'a man of God' (or any other) to carry a weapon

Anyhoo, back to the thread topic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by The Bern on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 6:02 pm

The Bern wrote:

&
2) here in the UK it would be required to have white 'marker' lights facing forwards & red rear facing lights on the mudguards/fenders to show other traffic the width

I can't wait to take her out for a ride.
The differential is like posi-traction or limited slip. It's not a solid axle.
I might try to rig up some taillights at least but will have to investigate it further. I don't want to start drilling holes into the fenders but maybe there are some different type lights that will work without any holes.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Dale N. wrote:
The Bern wrote:

&

I can't wait to take her out for a ride.
The differential is like posi-traction or limited slip. It's not a solid axle.
I might try to rig up some taillights at least but will have to investigate it further. I don't want to start drilling holes into the fenders but maybe there are some different type lights that will work without any holes.

Limited Slip, that's cool, enjoy the ride bud
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Dale, if you look close you will find the clearance between the wheel and fender will not tolerate wiring.
Bern, if you PM me I will instruct you of where to find such information
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Thanks for the info Pastor Ron. I haven't looked at it close enough for that yet but will. I'm still not sure what or how I'll do it or even if I will.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Good looking trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 1:52 am

Have you had it out yet? Please give details........
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 8:59 am

I haven't had it out yet. It's been too cold here in MN. But I have sat on it and gone "VROOM VROOM" a few times...
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
My New SWing Trike 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Dale N. wrote:
I haven't had it out yet. It's been too cold here in MN. But I have sat on it and gone "VROOM VROOM" a few times...

You forgot to add the "Brrrrr"
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Careful guys, we don't do (dare I say the word) that stuff here.

Jon
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 5:18 am

lloyd193 wrote:
An unarmed person in America today is a victim going somewhere to happen, Never leave home without it.

Oh dear, sad man, gotta try & make a point on every subject, if you feel that insecure maybe a change of lifestyle might be a good idea Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 am

I'm almost sad that I posted pictures of my SWing. Look where its going.

I wonder what my next "bumper sticker" will bring.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 am

lloyd193 wrote:
An unarmed person in America today is a victim going somewhere to happen, Never leave home without it.

Lloyd 193.

You're talking nonsense, millions of foreign tourists leave home and enter the U.S. to holiday in Florida. They're wandering about unarmed and more at risk from sunburn, sweat rash, and maxing out their credit cards.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 9:16 am

It's about Dale's trike. 
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Indeed Tim, it was until Lloyd decided to give us his opinion on guns & a bible lesson (to which my reply would be .. Isaiah 2:4), a post that I note he has since thought better of & deleted, while a trike is not for me, I'm impressed with the tidy conversion & the fact that it has LSD, which as I said earlier is very cool
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 2:14 pm

The Bern wrote:
Indeed Tim, it was until Lloyd decided to give us his opinion on guns & a bible lesson (to which my reply would be .. Isaiah 2:4), a post that I note he has since thought better of & deleted, while a trike is not for me, I'm impressed with the tidy conversion & the fact that it has LSD, which as I said earlier is very cool

More insulting comments from the Silverwing Expert who does not know where the Coolant reservoir is located. My comment was removed by a site moderator because it proved you were wrong again.

Happy motoring Lloyd 193.

Back to top Go down
papagreggers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-25

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 2:24 pm

That's a very nice trike Dale!
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 3:03 pm

lloyd193 wrote:
The Bern wrote:

More insulting comments from the Silverwing Expert who does not know where the Coolant reservoir is located. My comment was removed by a site moderator because it proved you were wrong again.

lloyd193 wrote:
My comment was removed by a site moderator because it proved you were wrong again.

scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 4:03 pm

P
Plloyd193 wrote:
The Bern wrote:

Please stop!

The reason your post was deleted is because you decided to resurrect the gun issue while using a biblical reference to justify it. An NRA forum might appreciate your remarks but on this Silverwing forum it is toxic.

And please stop sniping too. If you disagree with a post then feel free to post your disagreement with that post. But don't snipe at the poster.

As has been said here many times as well as  and on many other forums; Attack the post, not the poster

Your Silverwing posts are helpful and valued but if the sniping & backbiting continues you'll leave me little choice but to put you in time out.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Thanks papagreggers. I can't wait until it warms up and the roads dry off and clean up from the sand and salt here in MN.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 11:49 pm

There are lots of differences between those of us on opposites of the pond. I'd say most of us like it the way is on each side of the water so there's no reason to mention it.

Nice trike conversion. Most scooters that are modified end up as more of a quad instead of a trike by leaving the original driving wheel using the extra tires more or less like training wheels. I like the much cleaner look of the real trike conversion.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 12:26 am

Thanks Paul. I looked at different trike kits and decided on this one. I've seen the ones with 3 wheels on the back and didn't like the looks of them. I went on YouTube and checked out videos of the different brands. One of them, I forget which, but when you make a turn the inside wheel comes off the ground. When you make a right turn the right wheel comes up a bit. Or would that be the outside wheel? They said that's normal and no reason for concern. That looked scary!

After reading what Pastor Ron said about his GT3 kit, and how well he and his wife liked it, I decided on this one. I live in a small town so traffic won't be much of a problem as I'm riding around getting used to it cornering etc. I'll do that for an hour or so then take it out on a couple of 2 lane roads around here to get a feel of how it handles at highway speeds.

After all that then the fun begins!!! I'll post some pics once I take it out. I'll probably take it around Mille Lacs Lake just North of here and take a few pics there. There's a few spots to pull off with the lake in the background which should make for decent shots.

COME ON SUMMER!!!
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 5:00 am

Hey Dale, how does it get drive from the axle to the LSD bud ? I presume it uses the original axle, but can't see from the pictures
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 9:03 am

I just took these close ups and if you look close you can see where the drive chain comes off the right side of the brake disk. So it looks like the original axle is still in play, sort of. The parking brake still works like normal too. Although I'm not sure if the original rear brake works or not seeing as the kit has brakes of its own on both wheels.

My New SWing Trike Drive110

My New SWing Trike Drive210
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 9:33 am

So if that brake works than you have 3 disc brakes in the rear, what some stopping power.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
P
Plloyd193 wrote:
The Bern wrote:

Please stop!

The reason your post was deleted is because you decided to resurrect the gun issue while using a biblical reference to justify it. An NRA forum might appreciate your remarks but on this Silverwing forum it is toxic.

And please stop sniping too. If you disagree with a post then feel free to post your disagreement with that post. But don't snipe at the poster.

As has been said here many times as well as  and on many other forums; Attack the post, not the poster

Your Silverwing posts are helpful and valued but if the sniping & backbiting continues you'll leave me little choice but to put you in time out.

Tim

Lloyd 193

I can be communicated with Directly at, Lloyd1939@hotmail.com.

If I can help any of you.

Lloyd193.

Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Dale N. wrote:
I just took these close ups and if you look close you can see where the drive chain comes off the right side of the brake disk. So it looks like the original axle is still in play, sort of. The parking brake still works like normal too. Although I'm not sure if the original rear brake works or not seeing as the kit has brakes of its own on both wheels.

Dale,

Be sure you lubricate that chain regularly, 120 gear oil makes good Chain lube.

Enjoy your bike.

Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Dale N. wrote:

Excellent, thanks for that bud Cool  That's a clever & tidy bit of engineering thumbs up
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 2:37 pm

lloyd193 wrote:
Dale N. wrote:

Dale,

Enjoy your bike.

Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 2:40 pm

lloyd193 wrote:
lloyd193 wrote:
Dale N. wrote:

Dale,

Enjoy your bike.

Lloyd 193.

Dale,

I notice no balance weights on those rear wheels, I would recommend good balance before you hit the road. We do not want to shake that nice Trike apart.

Enjoy your ride

Lloyd193.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 3:29 pm

ItBeMe wrote:
So if that brake works than you have 3 disc brakes in the rear, what some stopping power.

Hi Me, That caliper and disc prominent in the photos is the parking brake, Only used to keep these trikes from rolling away, Not in normal operation. I know I have seen one roll down my driveway with the owner running behind, Me cheering him on, Run faster.

Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 6:26 pm

The caliper and disc in the photos was the original disk for the rear brake. I'm not sure if it's now just for the parking brake or not now that the two rear tires have brakes of their own.
Also, I just looked and their are balancing weights on both rear wheels. The inside has the regular looking weights while the outside has those flat stick on kind.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Dale N. wrote:
The caliper and disc in the photos was the original disk for the rear brake. I'm not sure if it's now just for the parking brake or not now that the two rear tires have brakes of their own.
Also, I just looked and their are balancing weights on both rear wheels. The inside has the regular looking weights while the outside has those flat stick on kind.

Thanks Dale,

I wasen't able to see any weights in the photos, That is why I mentioned balance.

The brake is your parking brake used when you park the trike, Be sure you apply it every time, Because the trike will roll if you do not set that brake.

Happy motoring,

Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 pm

I've set the parking brake every time I've parked it since I've had it. I'm not going to stop now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My New SWing Trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New SWing Trike   My New SWing Trike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My New SWing Trike
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next