Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Our 1st Measurable Snow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Our 1st Measurable Snow Empty
PostSubject: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:24 am

I know it's just a drop in the bucket, considering the amount of snow some of you guys and gals have had. But isn't it pretty.
Our 1st Measurable Snow 100_1411
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:28 pm

Debbie,

That is nice scenery. I miss the snow myself since I'm from Illinois and we don't get snow in the S.F. bay area. I'm sure your snow will be melted within a week so enjoy it. I remember one time when I was stationed at Camp Lejuene, N.C., it snowed just a tad more than what you have, we could still see the grass, and they sent everyone home. I couldn't believe it. I'm from Illinois and only 19 y.o. and the Marine Corps shut down the base the rest of the day. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:45 pm

stinger_06 wrote:
I know it's just a drop in the bucket, considering the amount of snow some of you guys and gals have had. But isn't it pretty.

Yes it is pretty .... and pretty cold .... I am get cold just looking at the picture. pale
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:10 am

What's "SNOW"??????? No No No No No

jus' kiddin'

Ive seen it in the movies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:37 pm

That is a pretty scene. :rendeer: We are down in Florida for five weeks. Picked a perfect time since they just got their first big snowfall in OH. My friend emailed me and said they had four inches of snow then two inches of ice and three inches of snow on top of that. Nothing is moving in the area. They even closed down Miami University which they rarely do. I'm glad we are down here enjoying the sun for awhile. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Thanks Guys..........I really love the snow as long as I can still get out in the Truck.
Needless to say this was gone in a day or two. By the way that's the view from
my Mobile Home. I love it out here. Now if it would just quit raining, I could get out & ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:29 am

I must admit it would be nice to live in an area where you could ride most of the year. The season seems too short sometimes. The end of fall I start thinking about spring!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:03 am

Hi All,

Thursday at 9:30 AM.
I just was out side and snaped a few shots of the ice and sleet we had here in Glenpool, OK. Setting here I can hear the ice starty to fall off the tree in the front yard as it hits the house roof and yard. It's going to be a little bit above freezing today. I hope more of the ice melts. I lived in Minnessota when I was a kid,1954. The winter there was a killer compared to Oklahoma. affraid

DennisB

Our 1st Measurable Snow Ice110

Our 1st Measurable Snow Ice210

Our 1st Measurable Snow Ice310

Our 1st Measurable Snow Ice410

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi gang...
We have had a dusting of snow here, just enough to partially cover the ground but have had a couple of mornings of ice. Black ice has caused several wrecks around the Richmond area.
I worked last week in the U.P. of Michigan and it was bitter cold. (hit a deer with the car also) The snow wasn't all that deep and the snowmobiles were having a ball but I was freezing to death. I was glad to return to warmer weather although we have rode motorcycles through that area a couple of different times and it is beautiful in the summer.
Going to be in the low 40's today with lotsa sunshine so I'll take advantage of it while I can. Take care...Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Nice shots DennisB.............I saw on the News here about all of the Ice out
there. Glad it's melting for ya. The Ice is pretty but causes so much damage. I may have a few pictures around here some where of some ice we got several years ago if anyone is interested.

Stay Safe & warm!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:37 pm

Hey Dennis,

Those are some nice pics. Believe it or not I kind of miss that kind of weather. I worked outside when I lived in Illinois but enjoyed it too. We only have 2 seasons a year out here in the bay area and never get any ice. Hope you are staying warm and safe in the icy weather.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Measurable Snow   Our 1st Measurable Snow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our 1st Measurable Snow
Page 1 of 1