Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Need help with flashing FI code

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonnyle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2022-07-29

Need help with flashing FI code Empty
PostSubject: Need help with flashing FI code   Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 7:03 am

Hello everyone! New member here from Asheville, NC, close to the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway! I just purchased a 2007 Silverwing 600 with 771 miles on it - yes, hard to believe the mileage! When I turn it on, there is no flashing F1 light. When I let it idle, there is no light. When I start riding it, after a few seconds the f1 light starts giving two short flashes, then stops. Another two short flashes, then stops. I cannot find any information on how to fix this problem. Could you please let me know what are my next steps to resolve this issue? Thank you very much! I will post photos of the scooter in a short while!
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Need help with flashing FI code   Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 8:20 am

Need help with flashing FI code 86023510

Need help with flashing FI code 66800010

^^These are from the shop manual- my manual specifically is for the 2002-03 models, but I would assume they didn’t change the FI system in the scooter.

Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Need help with flashing FI code   Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 8:22 am

There’s an online version of the shop manual- let me see if I can find the link to it (I had that then got the paper manual for ease of searching).

Edit: here is the link from this website that takes you to a Google Drive link and you open the manual there:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t12515-service-manual-parts-manual-wiring-diagram-etc-pdf

Looks like 2 flashes is either faulty MAP sensor or poor connection to the MAP sensor vacuum tube.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Need help with flashing FI code   Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 12:47 pm

Gain access to throttle body (remove under seat cover page 2-5 of SM) and check and/or replace vacuum hoses to map sensor, check and clean map connector 1st. It reads like a bad contact or intermittent map operation.
BTW the fuses boxes slide up after you press retaining tab, slide wiring thru cutout in plastic, etc., be gentle!!

Need help with flashing FI code Screen14
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Need help with flashing FI code   Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 8:59 pm

1 blink an electrical fault in MAP 2 blinks could still be MAP sensor or a vacuum leak. Map vacuum lines on intake side behind throttle bodies I'll bet something chewed or line cracked. Old school Honda MAP sensors are robust and rarely fail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with flashing FI code   Need help with flashing FI code I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with flashing FI code
Page 1 of 1