Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Wiring Code Help, Please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2018-06-30

Wiring Code Help, Please Empty
PostSubject: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi All,

I feel it's a bit rude to post here only when I need something.  However, my life has been crazy busy, leaving little time for social interaction via the net.  So, I'm here with a humble spirit asking for some help.  

Have the 2013 Swing in action now.  Much better condition than the '08.  Smooth ride too.

Anyway.  I bought Denali DRL light pods and am ready to mount them.  I have a Swing manual but the wiring diagram isn't much help.  Can't read it so "blew it up" and found that the lettering is a bit broken = still can't read it.

I'm using the included Posi-Taps for connection.  Doesn't need a relay (according to Denali). -- Three wires to connect.  
Black to Ground
Orange to Hi Beam
Red to Low Beam

Much obliged to any who might help.

Thanks so much,  Judy

p.s.  I did search the forum but couldn't find what I wanted.  Hook me up with a link if info is on here.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Gr (gray) = ground, Bu (blue) = high beam, W (white) = low beam.

Probably best to access that headlight wire harness via removing the windshield garnish and grabbing that harness from the top.
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Thank you Very Much!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Pictures when you’re done Judy. Please Smile
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 7:51 pm

Tim's colours are correct on the bulb side of the multiplug to the headlights. However on the harness side of that plug, the ground is Green, not Grey.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cj0wn23ik9m31ae/Silverwing%20wiring%20diagram.jpg?dl=0
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 11:08 am

Thank you gentlemen and I will certainly post when finished.
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 11:47 am

just took a look at link to diagram that is very readable. Thanks.

I see that you are both correct. Gray on light side of harness and Green on opposite side of harness.
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 1:30 pm

I'm back again......

I have it apart and harness unplugged. The wiring is same on both sides with 6 wires.

Terry, your diagram shows 7 wires with 2 green on the "far side." The Light side shows a green to green and a gray to green.

Posting to clarify, for others, that the 2013 abs Swing ground is the gray wire.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 4:55 pm

Sorry about that, you are perfectly correct. To atone for my sins, please find a link to the correct wiring diagram from the service manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yy5eegy7eor6yle/Silverwing%20Wiring%20ABS%20after%2007.pdf?dl=0
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 7:11 pm

Thank you Terry, You are redeemed Smile  -  Love your schematics.  I can read them clearly!

I did get the lights wired up and working but me thinks a relay may be necessary.  Rode over to the neighbor to show her my upgrade.  Pleased as punch too.  However, the Swing didn't want to start to go home.  Kind of a chug, then a snap type sounding click and nothing.   No  No  No  

There was still juice as all that's suppose to light up did, including the Denali DLRs both low and high beam.  Checked all the fuses and they were intact.  Put trickle charger on just for the heck of it and left the Swing at the neighbor's.

Will unplug pigtails for initial start up tomorrow late, busy as usual.  Start fine then, check positap connections and plug 'em in for another try.

Here's copy and pasted info from Denali

"Purpose built to create the most amount of light from the smallest, slimmest housing possible, the DENALI DRLs integrate perfectly with the front end and are unbelievably bright. Complete with an integrated dual intensity circuit, the lights can be wired to run at full intensity, half intensity or automatically switch between the two with the motorcycle's original high beam switch. A waterproof connector and posi-tap pigtail utilize power from your vehicles running light circut, making installation a breeze and operation effortless; the DRLs will simply come on and turn off with your vehicle's ignition.

Like emergency strobe lights, the DENALI DRL optics are designed to concentrate the light at the source as opposed to project it down the road. While ideal for daytime and nighttime conspicuity, these lights will also provide a noticeable spread of light immediately in front of your motorcycle at night. Available in white and amber.

Using the included wiring adapter, the DRLs can be directly plug-and-play connected to a CANsmart Accessory Controller or to any DENALI 2.0-series wiring harness. When connected to a DENALI 2.0 harness, the DRLs will run only in high-intensity mode. But when connected through the CANsmart, the DRLs can be fully dimmed."

Features:

Dual Circuit: 50% & 100% intensity
   180° viewing angle
   6 Extremely bright LEDs per light pod
   Very efficient 12-watt total power consumption
[1 amp draw]

Size: 4.8in H x 1.1in W x 0.6in D
   Low profile design"

Any help would be appreciated as to diagnosis.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 pm

Check the battery terminal connections. That snap could have been an arc due to a loose connection at the terminals. Put a volt meter on the batt terminals before you attempt starting. You want to see a minimum of 12.5 V. After it starts you want to see a minimum of 13.5 V while it is at a fast idle. If the voltage drops to 11 V when the starter motor is cranking you’ve got a weak battery.

Terry’s opinion may vary.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 9:04 pm

If the DRLs are only drawing 12W then these are unlikely to be a source of any issue; for reference the normal halogen headlights are 55W.

If the lights etc work then the battery and the main fuse must be OK. The lack of a start would be due to something like a dirty starter button, crud in the kill switch or the left brake interlock switch.
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 7:53 pm

The verdict is in.  The battery needs to be replaced.  I'll read the threads and then purchase a new one.

Thank you so much for all of your help.

Yes, I'll post pics as promised.  

thanks again ~ Judy  thumbs up cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Code Help, Please   Wiring Code Help, Please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiring Code Help, Please
Page 1 of 1