Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

O2 sensor model year question.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Graham G
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-07-05

O2 sensor model year question. Empty
PostSubject: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 9:00 am

Hi i'm looking at buying an 07 Silver Wing & i've been made aware of the O2 sensor being fitted to the 08 models(as i understand), is the fuel economy improved enough(in comparison to the 07 Model) to affect a buying decision, the condition of the 07 looks to be excellent with very low mileage.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 9:49 am

IMO The O2 sensor models do have an improvement in fuel economy over the non-O2 earlier models —but not that significant of a difference.

O2 or non-O2 you are sure to enjoy your Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 3:30 pm

For me, the O2 sensor was not and would not be a factor in deciding whether to buy or not to buy a particular SWing.  Too many other things to consider like condition, mileage, service history, cosmetic appearance, items needing repair or replacement etc.  

Having had 2 SWings ('05 & '09), one with and one without an O2 sensor,  the mileage difference between the two was really pretty small ... ~5% difference (monitored). 

If the '07 you're looking at meets your needs and is in good shape,  I wouldn't fret over the sensor or relatively low mpg difference.  An easy/heavy throttle hand can close that gap pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Graham G
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 5:32 pm

Thanks for the replies & advice, i'm looking at the bike on Thursday, if it's as good as looks in the Ad. i will probably buy it though i do think the bike is overpriced, but as a car salesman told me long ago "you can't drive a price" Wink .
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 4:28 am

I would be more concerned if it does not have ABS than worrying about the O2 sensor. My 2¢.
Back to top Go down
Graham G
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 4:34 am

Easyrider wrote:
I would be more concerned if it does not have ABS than worrying about the O2 sensor. My 2¢.

It says ABS on the front mudguard (or Fender Wink) , so i'm assuming it has ABS, i didn't know that the where non Abs models.
Thanks, i'll definitely check it, although to be honest i've never owned a bike with ABS.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 4:42 am

Graham G wrote:
Easyrider wrote:

It says ABS on the front mudguard(or Fender Wink , so i'm assuming it has ABS, i didn't know that the where non Abs models.
Thanks, i'll definitely check it, although to be honest i've never owned a bike with ABS.

Saved my bacon several times. Would have been run off the road several times. My first Swing did not have ABS and I remember locking my rear tire in heavy rain. I was sliding sideways until I let off of the rear brakes. Could have gone worst.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 8:04 am

If you think its overpriced, then offer less than asking.  A wise old father once taught me you can always go up with your offer, but it's almost impossible to go down.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 9:37 pm

With two equal scooters a 2007 and a 2008, I would take the 08 for the improved fuel economy (especially these days). But if you discover a pristine 2007, go for it!!! Unless you put a ton of miles on it fuel won't be a big issue.
Back to top Go down
Graham G
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 7:35 am

Guys thanks for the response, i should have looked at the bike before i asked questions, the sellers idea of "immaculate" "pristine" condition & mine are very different Shocked .
So obviously i'm not going to buy it, but a bigger issue came up, the Boss & I are "senior" riders & the height of the passenger footrest & then the width of the seat are a real problem for the Boss getting on & off, i would definitely need a lowered peg or preferably board solution, life's never easy Smile
Cheers, Graham.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 9:37 am

My missus has RA bad (arthritis) and has real difficulty climbing aboard and getting off the scooters so therefore mine are now one-up only... No
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 12:11 pm

Graham G wrote:
(Snip) … a bigger issue came up, the Boss & I are "senior" riders & the height of the passenger footrest & then the width of the seat are a real problem for the Boss getting on & off, i would definitely need a lowered peg or preferably board solution, life's never easy Smile
Cheers, Graham.

EMP Motor Parts in Holland (https://www.empmotorparts.nl/en) have a footpeg lowering set kit available. Here’s a photo of their listing. The FJS600 model is the same as our FSC600 Silverwing. And while it’s only available in black, the price is spendy and is the shipping no doubt is equally expensive it kinda looks like a local metal fabricator could make something like this for a lot less.

O2 sensor model year question. 314dd610

O2 sensor model year question. 1dc18410
Back to top Go down
Graham G
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 3:18 pm

Thanks JC, i had looked at these in the other post about them*, but from the pics it looks like they send the pedal further forward(toward the rider, rather than lower, but it could just be the angle of the pic.
Thanks Graham.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 4:12 pm

Well the idea is there. Why not investigate a local metal fabricator making something customized to your needs.

Remove the “Pillion Step” assembly, then remove the foot peg from that and take the lot to a fabricator along with a pix of the lowering bracket. That’d give the guy a good take on what he’d need do.

*Edit: Damn, I knew I’d seen that somewhere. I forgot about that earlier post here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor model year question.   O2 sensor model year question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O2 sensor model year question.
Page 1 of 1