Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

from Arlington, Texas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
skids
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2021-06-21

from Arlington, Texas Empty
PostSubject: from Arlington, Texas   from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 11:10 am

Hello! I bought my first Silverwing in late 2013. I had gone back to college and I'm guessing the under seat storage is what first caught my eye. I don't remember exactly. I've been riding motorcycles since the late 70s, but this was my first scooter. I fell in love with maxi-scooters thanks to the Silverwing. I love the whole practicality aspect. It's great in all kinds of weather. Being able to stow my helmet and gear whenever I arrive is amazing. Being able to carry what I want. The PERFORMANCE of the Silverwing. I love everything about it.

Maxi scooters weren't difficult to find back then, so when I made friends with a new group of guys that liked to ride wide open throttle everywhere, I opted to get something that fit better with the style of riding of the group. Little did I know that it would take me until 2021 to get back on a Silverwing. Honda stopped importing them in 2013 and all the sudden, the market for the big maxi scooters dried up around me. I've been looking for years to replace the one that got away. Either they weren't in the condition I wanted, too expensive, or both. I had all but given up.

In December 2019 I suffered a major knee injury in a skiing accident. The Yamaha Tracer 900 I was riding was already too tall and top heavy before the accident. After the accident I was just done with it. Amazing bike that felt like it could just read my mind and do anything I asked of it, but I never fell in love with it so I traded it for a brand new Yamaha xmax 300. I just performed the 600 mile maintenance on it when out of the blue an 07 Silverwing with 5800 miles popped up for sale on a scooter group board I follow. The guy also suffered an injury and was having to sell all his scooters. He was practically giving it away and I just couldn't pass it up. I went to the bank and bought it the next day. It needs ALL the regular maintenance done, so it's up on my lift and I'm waiting on parts.

I can't believe my good fortune. It's like I get to rewind the clock and start all over again on one of my favorite rides of all time. I thought I could come back to the Silverwing and big maxi scooters at any time. I won't be making that mistake again. I'm keeping this one and won't be letting it go. I think the market gave up too soon on the big ones here in the US. We're all getting older (definitely) and wiser (hopefully) and for me the Silverwing is the perfect ride.

Here's the one the got away...
from Arlington, Texas Sw

Pics of the new on to come...
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: from Arlington, Texas   from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 11:24 am

Hello skidders. Thank you for your nice introduction. Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
skids
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: from Arlington, Texas   from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 am

Thank you guys for keeping it going! There is a wealth of information to be had here. I appreciate it greatly.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: from Arlington, Texas   from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 1:11 pm

Welcome aboard skidders, they are indeed a fine ride.
Back to top Go down
skids
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: from Arlington, Texas   from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 2:36 pm

oldwingguy wrote:
Welcome aboard skidders, they are indeed a fine ride.

Thank you. I call mine, my flying carpet. It feels like magic motorcycle
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: from Arlington, Texas   from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 2:46 pm

Welcome aboard the board skidders. Make "Search" your friend and you'll rarely be alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: from Arlington, Texas   from Arlington, Texas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

from Arlington, Texas
Page 1 of 1