Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Front wheel valve assembly problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lagarto
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2018-02-02

Front wheel valve assembly problems Empty
PostSubject: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 2:06 pm

2007 silverwing--unscrewed the cap and the whole valve assembly came out leaving an empty valve tube--tried to push it back in the tube and screw it back in, but will not screw in, acts like it's hitting something, front end is up off the ground..if I have to replace the whole thing, does the front rim have any kind of lock on the inside of the rim, or can I use a snap-in tire valve kit and push the new rubber one in? Thanks for any advice!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 2:15 pm

No trick tire valve stem. Maybe try refilling the tire (from a proper compressor) without that valve core on the odd chance that something loose inside the tire tried to escape and is blocking the valve core. Then reinstall the valve core after the tire deflates again.

That said, it sure isn’t normal for a valve core to be loose in the valve stem so that it launches when you remove the cap. You’ll need to remove the wheel and replace the valve stems assembly from the inside. Maybe consider switching to a right angle Ariete valve stem this time. Much easier to fill.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 3:26 pm

If you have had no previous knowledge of this tyre and it's valve then go along with Tim above.

A previous owner may have damaged the valve. Ultimately, get a new valve fitted. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
lagarto
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Thanks..I talked to a motorcycle dealer and he said bring it in and he'd replace it--said he'd push a new rubber assembly into the rim, he said (not sure of its true ) that if I take it to Honda they'll do the same thing, said no need to take the tire off he said.I hate to pay 100$ labor for that because that I can do myself..should I keep looking for a place that'll do it from the inside of the rim, or is that a routine fix?
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Some tyre shops or any motorcycle dealer will change a valve, it doesn't have to be a Honda dealer. $100 is rediculous. My local shop would probably do it for £10.

If you can take off and put back the tyre yourself, just fit a new valve from the inside.
Back to top Go down
lagarto
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:33 pm

I'll keep looking and will follow your advice--thank you!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 4:40 pm

Right angle valve is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 4:38 am

Not a fan of right angle valve stems----Honda does have in their inventory a short high speed straight valve stem that works well.

Adding as these bikes are getting old, I would change valve stems about every other tire change.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 4:38 pm

I've got one of these which I carry in the topbox. To screw it on to the straight valves takes a matter of seconds and makes the whole process of checking pressures and pumping up tyres so much easier.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connect-35084-210mm-Michelin-Extension-Flexible/dp/B007SU940M/ref=sr_1_43?adgrpid=58875152611&dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA-_L9BRBQEiwA-bm5fi42izoGU0GuX1DC3RwHTYXVR0sjuyjFWl-HUnJrH4-6bEPBAtB2uhoCTDsQAvD_BwE&hvadid=259046296454&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006688&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=8876072655696857287&hvtargid=kwd-317323282703&hydadcr=1596_1815610&keywords=right+angle+tyre+valve+adaptor&qid=1606253626&sr=8-43&tag=googhydr-21
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel valve assembly problems   Front wheel valve assembly problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front wheel valve assembly problems
Page 1 of 1