Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

That annoying stator wire oil leak

Go down 
+7
oldwingguy
Ken j
johnd
Terry Smith
Cosmic_Jumper
Loosemarbles
iansawyer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
iansawyer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-04-29

That annoying stator wire oil leak Empty
PostSubject: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 12:50 pm

I have got that 'oil' leak from stator wire on right hand side of engine. About to strip and repair but can not find what torque the 9 X 10mmbolts and 3 X 8mm bolts that hold the cover on should be. |I have got the Honda manual but can not for the life of me find the values.
Thank you in anticipation
Ian
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 1:12 pm

Ian, I'm afraid I can't find the torque settings either but if you get this fixed please post your procedure onto the forum if you can. I have the same problem but am living with it because it's so slight but I would like to get it fixed.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Page 1-11 in the FSM has general torque specs. In this case the torque for those 6 mm flange bolts is indicated at 7 lbs-ft.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 6:39 pm

I'm going to be doing this myself shortly. The only reference for torque for the cover bolts is in the general torque settings page 1-11, and for the 8mm flange bolt it is 26 N-m.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 11:39 am

Good Day to all. I developed that same problem by doing 105 miles an hr in Death Valley a few years back. ( I know, don't say it)
I first did the cheep fix by super cleaning the area and applying RTV silicone which worked for a while but in the end, what has stopped the leak for good is a few ozs. of eng. oil leak stop I bought at the auto parts. It took a few months to work but the small leak has completely disappeared and that was last year.
Back to top Go down
Ken j
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken j

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2020-06-16

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 10:29 pm

johnd wrote:
105 miles an hr in Death Valley a few years back. ( I know, don't say it)
How did your Silverwing handle at 105mph. Not interested in going that fast. I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 7:30 am

Can't say about his but ONE TIME I touched that century mark with no problem, a flat straight recently paved road with no crossing roads nor houses. I will say continuing on a 50 mph felt like I dropped anchor.
Back to top Go down
Ken j
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ken j

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2020-06-16

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 8:40 am

I purchased my Silverwing to putt and cruise the fun spots. Haven't even taken it on the interstate yet. Just like when I fly small aircraft like my Cessna 162, it's not about getting there in a hurry. It's always about the adventure along the way.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 9:33 am

I thought that stator wire leak was a Helix exclusive issue. Now I gotta look under the Swing and check. Funny note about that leak. On my Helix(s), all 3 of them, the leak started around 25,000 miles and was just a seep. But I keep my rides super clean so I fixed the seep. Bought the wife a Qlink Helix clone and that piece of junk started dripping from the stator wire at 4000 miles! Build and materials quality was lacking on the CFmoto/Qlink!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Ken j wrote:
johnd wrote:
How did your Silverwing handle at 105mph. Not interested in going that fast. I'm just curious.

Before I had mine converted over to a trike I had it up to 105 once. Open road with corn fields on both sides so nothing was going to jump out in front of me. But it handled great. I had it up to 105 for about a mile or so. I just wanted to see if it could do it or not. IT DID!!
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: 105 mph   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Ken j wrote:
johnd wrote:
How did your Silverwing handle at 105mph? Not interested in going that fast. I'm just curious.
It felt like I was on a cloud and could have gone even a little faster although I was on a slight incline and the weather was perfect.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 9:34 pm

johnd wrote:
Ken j wrote:
johnd wrote:
How did your Silverwing handle at 105mph? Not interested in going that fast. I'm just curious.
It felt like I was on a cloud and could have gone even a little faster although I was on a slight incline and the weather was perfect.

chickendance you may have been, that's no chicken it's your guardian angle Smile
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 4:47 pm

It felt like I was on a cloud and could have gone even a little faster although I was on a slight incline and the weather was perfect.[/quote]

chickendance  you may have been, that's no chicken it's your guardian angle Smile

As someone said not too long ago, never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly! Then again, on a slight incline.......
Back to top Go down
Sknrdtec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Sknrdtec

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2020 1:57 am

Thankfully , So far I lack the oil leak at said stator wire .

Dale N. Wrote :
Open road with corn fields on both sides so nothing was going to jump out in front of me./

I admire a man of such good Faith . )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That annoying stator wire oil leak   That annoying stator wire oil leak I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That annoying stator wire oil leak
Page 1 of 1