Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silverwing Brakes
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 11:57 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» LF extended back rest
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Checking dipstick with trike kit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Russ Wristen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2019-06-25

Checking dipstick with trike kit Empty
PostSubject: Checking dipstick with trike kit   Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 7:38 pm

I really do enjoy this forum. I’m learning a lot. I guess I should be very happy that I found a 2006 swing for $3000 which includes a trikekit. It still needs tires I have yet to do that but I’ve got as far as getting a custom built trailer for it. It was originally set up for three dirt bikes bud I’ve converted it to haul my swing trike. On those trips that are 200 to 300 miles away for a weekend ride with a group of people at a different location that I am in now. One odd thing I’ve noticed: the right side Ferring about ankle height completely covers the oil dipstick. Am I to believe that since this trike kit was installed three or four years ago the oil has never been checked? Honestly I cannot get to it and the only way that I see is to remove the trike kit! It’s really weird! I’ve felt around the inside and outside as best I can and I believe that I can cut a square over the dip so I will have access to it! The swing only had 7000 miles on it when I bought it and I’m putting it into the shop for new tires and oil next month. At that time I might see if he will cut me a hole in the faring so that I’ll be able to access the oil dipstick a lot easier. Are there any other necessities around the oil dipstick that I need to check on a regular basis?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Checking dipstick with trike kit   Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:52 am

What brand of trike kit is it? I have a Motor Trike GT3 kit on my 08 SWing and there's nothing in the way of the dipstick.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Checking dipstick with trike kit   Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 9:21 am

I have the Voyager trike kit and I have clear access to the dip stick.
Back to top Go down
Russ Wristen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2019-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Checking dipstick with trike kit   Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 1:22 pm

The trike kit is a Danson, I think. I cannot find a manufacturer label on it; however, comparing it to pictures online of other trikes I found one that looked identical to mine and it was a Danson. Danson went out of business in 2016 so no more information there and a dealer in Florida used to sell them but he went out of business in 2018. The trike faring extends to past the passenger pegs. There is a half inch gap between the faring and the Tupperware of the bike and I can barely see the dipstick. It may be possible for me to reach up underneath from ground level and unscrew the dipstick but at the present time prior to knee surgery that’s not possible. When I have my bike put in for new tires I will ask the service tech if he could saw a hole or completely eliminate that portion
Checking dipstick with trike kit 15638110 so I can access the dipstick.
Checking dipstick with trike kit 15638111
Checking dipstick with trike kit 15638112
Checking dipstick with trike kit 15638113

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Checking dipstick with trike kit   Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 9:19 pm

That's a problem for sure very hard to reach dipstick. What is it made from fiberglass or plastic.?
If you cut it be careful not to cause cracks into lower floor board. PIA to crawl on floor to remove stick and harder to refill oil.

Oil level checked just sitting stick into hole not screwed in. FYI.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Checking dipstick with trike kit   Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 12:32 am

My 2 cents:
I wonder how a Dremel, or similar tool would work. With a small cutoff disk it might be a fairly simple task. Then sand the edge smooth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking dipstick with trike kit   Checking dipstick with trike kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Checking dipstick with trike kit
Page 1 of 1