Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 18:01

» New to Me Swing
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 17:39

» LF extended back rest
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 16:42

» I said Farewell...
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 15:12

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 05:05

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed 24 Apr 2024, 09:28

» Drive belt prices
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed 24 Apr 2024, 07:28

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed 24 Apr 2024, 05:37

» Rear shock longevity
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue 23 Apr 2024, 17:11

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue 23 Apr 2024, 12:01

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Not sure I can make it until spring...

Go down 
+6
jdeereanton
dickie
masscoot
crahar
honda_silver
skiwoods
10 posters
AuthorMessage
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Not sure I can make it until spring... Empty
PostSubject: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 20:41

It's about 10 degrees farenheit, a foot of snow, and no warm forecast in sight. All I can think about is riding my Silver Wing. How am I going to make it the next 3-4 months??????
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 23:11

skiwoods wrote:
It's about 10 degrees farenheit, a foot of snow, and no warm forecast in sight. All I can think about is riding my Silver Wing. How am I going to make it the next 3-4 months??????

Ride south as far and fast as you can ... and do not stop Not sure I can make it until spring... Icon_exclaim
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 23:44

How far south do I have to go? I heard it's snowing in Dallas again today!
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2009, 23:53

You can come on down to the coast I left Beaumont and got as far as Port Arthur today about a fifteen minute ride and had plenty of liquid sunshine heading back home, somewhere around 48 degrees. All in all a nice day to be riding if you have good rain gear.
Craig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 13:58

I am in the same fix as you are ... but here in the Upper Peninsula of Mich(not the end of the world, but you can almost see it from here) our time period until liveable conditions is 5-6 months, not 3-4. You lucky. Me not so.
However, you can keep your traffic congestion.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 20:35

I'm with you Tom! When the heck did winter turn into a 6 months of YUK? As I get older I dispise it more and more Not sure I can make it until spring... Icon_evil I have a couple of projects to get underway...but it looks like I have plenty of time Not sure I can make it until spring... Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeFri 01 Jan 2010, 01:20

Hey Tom, The UP is beautiful! I fly to Boulder Junction, Wisconsin (just south of the UP) a few times per year. It's a quick 2 hour flight for me and I have skiied big snow country in the Bessemer/Wakefield area. However, my favorite UP ski area is the Porkies! Maybe someday I'll ride my SW up to 'da UP. I'd love to see the fall colors via my SW!
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 16:34

While living between Watertown, NY and Syracuse in a small town of Pulaski, N.Y. we definetly had our share of snow and long winters. One day I tied a snow shovel on the front bumper of our car and headed south on I-81. Stopped at the bottom of NY around Binghampton and they said "whats that snow shovel doing on your car"? I moved on down the road. Stopped in Harrisburgh, PA and they said "nice snow shovel"! I moved on. Got into Maryland and stopped for gas and was told they have to use one of them 5 or 6 times a year. I moved on. Got into WV, stopped to eat and they noted that they had to use a shovel like that a couple of times a year. I moved on. Got to Richmond, VA and stopped for gas and the guy asked "What kind of shovel is that"? I immediatly said "THIS IS WHERE I WANT TO LIVE".
Of course it didn't happen like that (but I still like to tell the story)..
After our snow storm a couple of weeks ago I should have been looking further south..Dick
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Jan 2010, 18:39

dickie wrote:
While living between Watertown, NY and Syracuse in a small town of Pulaski, N.Y. we definetly had our share of snow and long winters.

I camped there with my family ... and visited the Salmon hatchery which the kids enjoyed.

dickie wrote:
After our snow storm a couple of weeks ago I should have been looking further south.

I believe it only snows in Brownsville Tx one a century ... so you should be good for another ~95 years.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 08:07

I am so glad it is just a little over a 2-mile ride to get to my office - Air temp is 25 degrees F. Only have one stop light and two stop signs.

Felt good to get out on the SilverWing. This afternoon should be in the low to mid fifties - YAY!
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 11:57

We are down in Florida for about one more week. It's been cool down here but I'm not complaining since we have had tons of snow in Ohio. I had a friend stop and run the bike and it started right up. I just can't wait until the riding season has started again. I really miss having my bike down here with me. Maybe someday I will invest in a trailer and then really enjoy my winter break!!!!
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 12:16

Late February now. We had a tease of 40 degrees F. yesterday. The sun was out, light wind, and the snow was starting to melt. Well ol' ma nature can be a b****. They are calling for another snow storm followed by some more cold in a couple of days. I guess the snow blower will be residing in the SW's garage spot for a few more weeks. I almost thought of getting it out of storage the other day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring....   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 17:27

It was 60 here today. Supposed to be 63 tomorrow. The wife and I plan to take the bikes out for a spin tomorrow. The last day I rode was New Year's Day and it was in the lower 40s.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 20:31

Not meaning to boast but. It was 70 here today.Rode 150 mi I love Fl.I never have to put my Swing away.
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010, 04:31

I apologise in advance to my northern hemisphere Forum colleagues but I
went for a local Ulysses Branch Saturday Cafe Latte ride from Batemans
Bay to Bodalla and back (put these towns and "NSW" into Google Maps to
see where I'm talking about. It was about 60 km each way and the
temperature was about 34 degrees C. It was so warm that I did the wrong
thing and rode home in a tee shirt (storing my summer mesh jacket under
the seat).

We have a mid-week ride scheduled for Wednesday
(Batemans Bay to Sussex Inlet) and, thankfully, the forcast is for 24
degrees C.

Sorry to gloat, but even when we go into winter it
won't be any thing like your winters with snow and ice.

Regards,
Peter Not sure I can make it until spring... Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010, 10:34

I've been meaning to ask you Peter, what brand and size is the wooden spoon you use. By a guess I reckon its one of those commercial caterers quality spoons
Back to top Go down
MOWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MOWing

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 22:52

Rode twice this week. Supposed to be 40 plus this weekend. Plan on putting in a couple hour ride in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure I can make it until spring...   Not sure I can make it until spring... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not sure I can make it until spring...
Page 1 of 1