Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!

Go down 
+4
masscoot
roadrunner
Opalsboy
DennisB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! Empty
PostSubject: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Yikes !!!

Guess what was found just south of Jacksonville, FLA ...

Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! Snake110

Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! Snake210

Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! Snake310

THIS IS NOT A PYTHON!
This is a 15 foot Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake - the largest ever caught on record, in fact. This snake was found Near the St. Augustine outlet, in a new KB homes subdivision just south of Jacksonville FL.

A little research revealed the following:
One bite from a snake of this size would contain enough venom to kill over 40 full grown men.
The head of this snake alone is larger than the hand of a normal sized man.
A bite from those fangs would comparable to being stabbed by two curved, 1/4 inch diameter screwdrivers.

The knife being used to draw out the fangs for the bottom picture has a blade around 4 inches long.

This snake is estimated to have weighed over 170 pounds. (How much do you weigh?)

Notice the girth of this snake as compared to the cop's leg in the first picture (and he is not a small man).
A snake of this size could easily swallow a 2 year-old child (and dogs, pigs, etc).
A snake this size has a 5 1/2' accurate striking distance. (The distance for an average size rattlesnake is about 2 feet.)
This snake has probably been alive since George Bush Sr. was President.
Now just ask yourself these questions: What has this snake been feeding on and where are its offspring?
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Dennis... I am surprised you are so comfortable posting this... this from a man that is terrified of mosquitoes. How many mosquitoes would it take to kill this snake?

I prefer a snake this size instead of the little sneaky ones that can be behind a bush or under a rock.

The 5'-6' are common in Arkansas. But the little copper head is probably more common at less than 3'. Both can kill.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Gee, thanks, Dennis -- that subdivision is about 40 miles from here, and I ride by it at least once a month...
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 pm

That is one huge Diamondback rattlesnake. Snakes do not bother me. I have seen first hand, what some mosquitoes carry and what they can do to a once heathy human in very short order. It's true...I hate mosquitoes and always will.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:30 am

Florida's State Bird -- the mosquito.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Maybe it was feeding on small alligators, cast off pythons and boa constrictors among other tidbits it came across. affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:47 pm

I can do without snakes, a cottonmouth moccasin dam near took my life at age 7. That is one big snake!
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Goodness! We have some pretty big rattlers here in Western Nebraska but don't want to mess with one like that. Keep those kind down there....
It is coming upon that time of year though when we will be seeing a few of them.
bounce
Back to top Go down
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 am

No stray cats in the nieghborhood
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:13 am

A few of those would give a whole new meaning to the "rattlesnake roundups" they have in west Texas. It might cause a few wranglers to take up knitting or the hundred meter dash. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:37 am

It'd be the hundred metre dash for me - in the opposite direction from the snake!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:12 pm

That snake would make one good meal or two. HEE HEE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!   Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would make one hell of a pair of boots! OR Three!
Page 1 of 1