Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)

Go down 
+12
Jim Caudill
BuiltnotBought
MikeO
Scootypuff Snr
Foxy
Loosemarbles
GHM-PM
onbmw
oldwingguy
Meldrew
Greysilver
JeffR
16 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) Empty
PostSubject: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 12:04 am

Hi,

This is a reminder that you should all join www.maxi-scoots.com . It is a great scooter/motorcycle forum and has a great owner. I say that since it is a great site but also this is site will one day just fade away. I have made a commitment for this site to continue for a long time but I will not be updating it in any way. The way it is ...is the way it is.

Maggie runs maxi-scoots and has a great site. She also keeps it updated where for Taptalk and other ways as well. There are great sections and people there and has a "Honda" specific category as well. I'm not trying to chase anyone off but I don't want to learn HTML or any other code. I just left AT&T due to an early retirement and just am done with having to learn new computer skills. I have worked as an engineer in Silicon Valley but I am done with learning new things.

So please join Maggie's site at www.maxi-scoots.com . You will not regret it. There are many members from this site that are very active there too.

Thanks,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 8:56 am

I have been registered for years and there are some good people there. I use their FB page more, personally. Maxi-scooters has lots of good info but the structure is not nearly as good as here. Everything is kind of lumped into one big page so it is hard to find a specific thread. Perhaps I have not figured out how to use it correctly, but I seldom go there. Most of their events are on the East or Midwest too.

This is merely my opinion and remember I said I am a member. The more info available the better!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 12:43 pm

I like ………...the way it is. If it was the way it was, we would have a hit record!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4177
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi, I've previously posted about the problems I've had trying to get back on maxi-scoots. I originally joined quite a while back when there were also a few Brits from here and the Muppets on it.

After that strange affair with this forum a few months ago and the recommendation to join maxi-scoots from Sir Jeff, I went back on there and it didn't recognise my log in details. A lot of digging around revealed no past posts from me, neither did searching with keywords for topics I remember posting in.

Neither would maxi-scoots let me register directly, and the request to email Maggie directly was a waste of time too, my emails to her bounced right back.

I'm not unduly concerned about it, but I noticed The Bern (hi bud!) joined a while ago without a problem when Jeff first requested we should also join maxi-scoots.

Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 8:46 pm

I had to do the Maggie end around, no problem doing it.
Back to top Go down
onbmw
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-05-08

PostSubject: Maxi-Scoots site   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Recently signed up at Maxi-Scoots.com. Actually I met a group of members at their 2018 Rally in Scottsboro, Alabama prior to joining. Really nice folks! When I returned home I simply emailed Maggie with my info and received a quick response. It was very easy to sign up.

Jim
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 9:12 am

CORRECTION: my apologies to my comments on Maxi-scoot page. I made the comment about everything being just lumped on one page and hard to find. My error, I had my bookmark set to the wrong page. They are fairy easy to navigate. DOH. (egg on face) Sorry Maggie Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 2:25 pm

I registered with maxi-scooters a while ago but I seem to remember having snags somewhere along the line. Meldrew mentioned that it appears to be concentrated in the USA, which is fine, but is there a more UK based area of the forum? BTW, is there a UK based meet and greet? either on maxi-scooters or silverwing600 forums?
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Loosebearing wrote:
I registered with maxi-scooters a while ago but I seem to remember having snags somewhere along the line. Meldrew mentioned that it appears to be concentrated in the USA, which is fine, but is there a more UK based area of the forum? BTW, is there a UK based meet and greet? either on maxi-scooters or silverwing600 forums?

www.maximuppets.co.uk
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 2:13 pm

The X9 Owners Club is open to all makes of maxiscooters now since almost all the original members no longer own X9s.

http://www.x9ownersclub.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 3:02 am

I went to join Maxi Scooters, but registration requires an email sending with email address, login name and passwords, which is something that I would not do via email to someone.

The link for maximuppets that Scootypuff Snr offered is a broken link that just comes up as an error page.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 3:09 am

http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 3:31 am

Thanks MikeO, that worked.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 4:34 am

Pleasure!
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Foxy wrote:
I went to join Maxi Scooters, but registration requires an email sending with email address, login name and passwords, which is something that I would not do via email to someone.

The link for maximuppets that Scootypuff Snr offered is a broken link that just comes up as an error page.

Sorry foxy,
French internet a bit dial up speed at times at least it's sorted now thanks MikeO for sorting.

Might join X9 myself I ride with several of their members already
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Please do; several of the more respectable Muppets are members of both clubs as I am myself. Razz
Back to top Go down
BuiltnotBought
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-09-11

PostSubject: Email for maggie   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 11:09 am

Well, I tried to join maggies site. But it shows to email her your username password and email and she will make the account for you. But the email shown has spaces after her name, after the @ and taking out the spaces or leaving them in says its not a valid email. So, does anyone have the correct email? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jim Caudill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2018-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 3:17 am

BuiltnotBought, The email is simply "maxiscootforum@gmail.com"
I just sent an email to her tonight and everything appeared to function properly.

Regards
Back to top Go down
thecruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2021-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 7:32 am

Is the maxi-scoot forum site still operating? It doesn't open for me.
www.maxi-scoots.com
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 7:45 am

Works for me:

http://maxi-scoots.com/scoot/index.php
Back to top Go down
thecruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 8:45 am

Thanks Glen, It must have been an incomplete link.
Back to top Go down
thecruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 9:00 am

I spotted another error...
Maggie's email address link is incorrect but I figured it out. Use all lower case and don't put in spaces.
I 'copied' her link and it didn't work til I made the corrections.
Folks,... when you add 'LINKS' to your posts, they have to be correct or they won't work.

Well DANG,... it still doesn't work.
Anyone have Maggie's email address?
The one she has posted has TWO "@" signs. I don't think that's right...
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 12:52 pm

thecruiser wrote:
... snipped ... Well DANG,... it still doesn't work.

I sent you a PM with her correct email address.
Back to top Go down
thecruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 2:05 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
thecruiser wrote:
... snipped ... Well DANG,... it still doesn't work.

I sent you a PM with her correct email address.

Thanks bug,... I did finally run across it somewhere and got my email to Maggie. I'm all hooked up as a member on the Maxi-Scoot Forum.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Got to agree ... maxi-scoots is a great site.  People there answer all my not so intelligent question there just as the good people here do as well.

A couple of years ago I got to meet some of the regulars from Maxi-Scoots.  They were coming on a cruise from Boston to Montreal with a stop in Halifax.  Greg and Peggy had traveling companions, Bill and Linda with them.  My wife and I rented a van and took them for a drive which included a stop at Peggy's Cove.  Greg claims this short visit was the highlight of the trip.   If not for Maggie and Maxi Scoots I would not have had the pleasure of meeting these people.
Mike
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2022-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 11:43 pm

Well, I will have to check that site out. I ended up here because every time I googled something about my Silver Wing, the best answers/solutions were here. These pages contain the best resources on the planet for the best maxi-scoot on the planet. JMHO. 👍
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 3:47 am

Mmmm K. Am I missing something? Maxi-scoots.com is nothing but crickets. There was a post a few days ago... on one thread. Just some guy bragging on his AK550. Whatever dude. Yeah, it's hot rocks. And it's $10k. Razz

Site doesn't even have an SSL. Seems like a sad little forum. JMHO
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4177
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 4:44 am

I was on maxi-scoots years ago and all my log in details and posts have long disappeared etc. I tried rejoining a few years ago and all my emails just kept bouncing back.

Nowadays I go there just to read posts from two members with Kymco AK550's who seem have taken the forum over with their obsessive AK550 farkling. This has been going on an almost daily for months.

Go check out the AK550 Trunk Wall Luggage Divider, a fancy name for a piece of cheapo clear or coloured plastic with that all important AK550 logo printed on it.

In theory it sticks onto the side walls of the under seat storage area with the supplied adhesive. The problem it seems is that it don't seem to work as a divider as the adhesive holding the plastic is affected by temperature after a few days and the divider comes away from the side walls.

The storage divider that's OE on my Forza 300 and also the 125 and 350 is also a piece of plastic. Unlike that AK550 farkle, the Forza’s simply slots into grooves either side of the under seat storage area. It's useful, secure, and can be removed or reversed in seconds. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 10:19 pm

Oh I like the AK despite the obviously ridiculous moniker. AK supposedly = "Anniversary Kymco". 🤔

But they should have just called it "$10K550". Would have been more appropriate. 😆

I got a $2K 587 that's got the AK beat on a few fronts. 😄
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)   Maxi-scoots.com  (Please read) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maxi-scoots.com (Please read)
Page 1 of 1