Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Brake Bleeding Nightmare

Go down 
+17
Ishkatan
Lost it
Roadman45LC
The Bern
Easyrider
oldwingguy
GLBHOAG
vmaximus
NWSSC
Cosmic_Jumper
phils a winger
Sidewinder Pilot
Murf
lloyd193
Jolly Bodger
Meldrew
Loosemarbles
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Brake Bleeding Nightmare   Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 9:04 am

First topic message reminder :

I've just overhauled my rear brake caliper. Soda blasting, new pistons, new seals, new banjo joint washers. Also overhauled the rear master cylinder. Clean up, new piston and seals kit and new banjo joint washers. Now I'm trying to bleed them.

Bought a vacuum pump system which seems to doing the job of sucking the fluid through. Did the front caliper first then the rear. The system has been drained of all fluid so I'm starting with empty lines.

The front one kind of went OK, I think, but the rear one just keeps pouring air bubbles out. The brake lever is offering 'no resistance' at all. I've used half a litre of fluid so far and I would have expected at least some resistance from the lever by now. The only result so far is that the caliper pistons have moved from the fully home position to resting against the pads, but no pressure from the lever.

Does anyone have any experience of this or have any tips or tricks. I don't want to waste any more fluid until I'm sure I'm doing it right.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Brake Bleeding Nightmare   Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 5:03 pm

"A vacuum bleeder really shines with coupled or linked brakes. Harbor Freight or Amazon lists these tools."

This man knows whereof he speaks. I bought a Pittsburgh brand Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder at Harbor Freight for $25. DOT 4 brake fluid was $5.00. Bled the brakes in under half an hour. Super easy.

Just be sure you use plenty of painter's tape and/or old rags snugged around the brake reservoir. I've heard if you spill brake fluid on the tupperware things can get ugly.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Brake Bleeding Nightmare   Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 5:14 pm

Brake fluid does indeed eat some paint and plastics. Also if you're new to rolling your own on brake bleeding be sure to use the appropriate brake fluid. The required type is Dot 4 in the US. The correct fluid number is molded into the top of the reservoir lid.
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2019-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Brake Bleeding Nightmare   Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 4:25 am

uuuugg i just did changed my whole break lines break fluid, took me 3 days and a line redirecting as well as a whole bottle of fluid. i just hate how to have PERFECTLY align the hole with the screw near the reservoir Mad but its pretty good now
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Brake Bleeding Nightmare   Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 am

Wha...? You replaced all your brake lines? Why?

Then you disassembled the fork stem? Why?
Back to top Go down

Brake Bleeding Nightmare
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2