Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Parking brake light malfunction.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Parking brake light malfunction. Empty
PostSubject: Parking brake light malfunction.   Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 8:04 am

I changed the coolant in my 2007 SWing earlier this past week. Shortly afterwards I was getting gas at the local station and as I was getting ready to drive off, I noticed that there was no red light for the parking brake. And the brake was on, because that's what I do every time I stop at the pumps. I wasn't connecting the coolant change with the light problem. And then I realised that the hand brake accordion resides under the right storage compartment. I opened it up and pushed the connector for the brake light, it was just that little bit off ! Checked the brake again and , bingo ! Parking brake light functional again.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Parking brake light malfunction.   Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Thanks for the info, "cote"... but what is the "accordion" you speak of...? Never heard of or seen that before... thanks.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Parking brake light malfunction.   Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Hey DickO, I am talking about the rubber sleeve that encloses the hand brake . It looks like the bellows of an accordion. For lack of a better term I called it an accordion.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Parking brake light malfunction.   Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 3:10 am

I had a good wiggle of the wires before the light came on, then after spraying with ACF50 I got it working every time. Its been alright ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parking brake light malfunction.   Parking brake light malfunction. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parking brake light malfunction.
Page 1 of 1