Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» TSUBOSS Brake Discs
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:09 am

» December2020 photo
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:40 pm

» Rebuilding 1981 Honda CB900F (Bol d Or)
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby PeteP Yesterday at 10:27 pm

» Just a beautiful day to ride
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» Dr Pulley Sale Announcement
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 2011 Swing trike for sale (VA)
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:13 pm

» Not sure so I ask our British friends.
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:50 pm

» [solved]Merge ignition trigger wires and break wires?
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby XDM© Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:32 pm

» RaceTech Fork Emulators
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:26 pm

» Warning lights coming on
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:57 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

120 mile ride today

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2008-12-19

120 mile ride today Empty
PostSubject: 120 mile ride today   120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi,

I went on a 120 mile ride today to a new store in Manteca, California. I think it is called Bass Outdoor Store. It is a huge store with hunting, fishing, camping, fishing, water sports, and clothing sections. I bought a comfortable pair of insulated gloves that work great. They have thin rubber pads that really grip the throttle.

I started out going about 20 miles on 2 lane winding roads only going about 45-50. So that was a nice and easy part of the ride. The last 40 miles is interstate going about 70-75 indicated. The SWing was so smooth and comfortable, although it got a little chilly going there. I was in fleeced lined jeans and a warm riding jacket but my fingers got a bit cold, which is why I bought those gloves. The store is huge and it is a chain store so I'm sure some of you have been to them. But this is the first one in the area.

On the way back I gassed up and then headed back home. After about 10 miles on the interstate a Harley merged on and before you know it he had to gas it and pass me close so I thought he wanted to show how tough he was. So I cranked it up and kept up with him and then passed him when I had a chance. I got up to 108 mph indicated which turned out to be 99.7 mph on my gps. I usually don't do this but he seemed to have an attitude so I decided to have some fun. We did this for about 20 miles or so and we finally just slowed down to about 80 indicated.

When I was going fast I was so surprised about how smooth the SWing was. It was like I was moving along on ice. I was really surprised on smooth it was. I also think that the Givi had something to do with it. When I would do this with the Clearview it would flex so bad it was like I didn't even have a windshield. So the Givi really kept the wind off of me that I don't think I felt any wind whatsoever on my head.

So that was a nice ride today. The weather's high point was only 50 degrees but the SWing does a great job with protecting us from the weather. It felt good to go out for a ride, even though it wasn't the longest ride. But it was really a very relaxing ride today. Hope others got to ride today, and for the ones who aren't able, I hope you can get on real soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

120 mile ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 120 mile ride today   120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:25 am

Jeff,
It is going to be in the mid 60's here tomorrow. I am going to fire up the 06 and go a ride with my DW. We just moved from Chico (not Chino) CA this past year to Tennessee. I can't belive it is warmer here then in CA..too funny. Anyway, this will not last so I am going to gather some views. Thanks for your post.
Back to top Go down

120 mile ride today
Page 1 of 1