Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverFeather
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-08-10

Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? Empty
PostSubject: Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch?   Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 5:41 am

Does anyone happen to know the thread diameter and pitch for the clutch bell outer.

I cannot bring myself to spend >£100 for a tool i will use once or twice in my life just to replace the clutch bell.

Thinking of potentially rigging something up. I managed to change all the bearings in the clutch using an automatic transmission spring compressor which was <£20 so i'm always looking for universal part substitutes Smile

Any help would be great!

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch?   Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 6:34 pm

IIRC it is 40 x 1.0 mm. Something only a machinist could match. 

The Silver Wing Club Italia (SWCI.it) had a "DIY" working drawing for the Clutch Bell puller as well as the reinstallation tool in their Technical Archives. But they seem to have recently remodeled their website and I can't find a link for these.

That said, a member here reportedly used a long 4-arm puller to remove the clutch bell. Just be sure to remove that "C" ring before hand. And whatever you do don't use heat; you'll only suceed in melting the final drive oil seal that the clutch bell mates with if you do.

Do let us know how you get on with this. We all benefit from shared information.

Tim

[Edit] New link: http://www.swci.it/silverwing400.it/index.php/31-fai-da-te/86-attrezzo-estrattore-campana

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SilverFeather
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch?   Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 am

Thank you Tim- great bit of information.

Yes i have seen the previous link to that but it appeared broken as you say. I will post up the spring compressor tool i used for dismantling the clutch too as i'm sure it beats paying the £$£$ for the honda tools.

would you happen to now how long the shaft is by any chance, so if i do go down the puller route i can make sure the arms are of sufficient length.

Thanks
SF
Back to top Go down
SilverFeather
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch?   Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 7:06 am

Ok so i did  bit more digging on their remodelled site and found a few links

Clutch spring compressor home made tool: http://www.swci.it/silverwing400.it/index.php/31-fai-da-te/132-attrezzo-per-smontare-la-molla-frizione-by-skizzo
clutch bell PULLER: http://www.swci.it/silverwing400.it/index.php/31-fai-da-te/86-attrezzo-estrattore-campana
Clutch bell INSTALLER: http://www.swci.it/silverwing400.it/index.php/31-fai-da-te/87-attrezzo-inseritore-campana

This is the tool I used to compress my clutch spring so I could change the bearings inside:
Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? 1459495962

Can be found on Ebay for $23 or £20 in the UK
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch?   Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 8:11 am

Thanks for finding those "lost" SWCI links. I'll have to bookmark them.

For the clutch bell INSTALLER I used a piece of 1 1/2" dia PVC pipe, a stack of large washers, and the OEM nut. It took awhile but the bell went on without a problem. The PVC insured that the threads weren't damaged.

For the compressor tool I used a piece of 1/2" "All Thread" attached to a metal plate as a base and a PVC domed end- cap with a section cut out of the side to access the clamp ring. IIRC the PVC end-cap dome was probably 3".

Good luck with you bell project

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch?   Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clutch Bell (inner) thread diameter and pitch?
Page 1 of 1