Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Rear wheel removal

Go down 
+4
Cosmic_Jumper
Reg
Mr Blobby
Riggers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Riggers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2015-08-18

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 5:50 pm

Hi all, long time no post. Just about recovered from a total hip replacement and time to get scootering again!

Now I need a new rear tyre and feel good enough to remove the wheel myself, but cannot seem to find any details of 'how to' either on here or on YouTube.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks guys.

Riggers.
Back to top Go down
Mr Blobby
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mr Blobby

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-09-23

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi

I came across this video on YouTube by Stefano Bonacasa titled SWCI - Smontaggio ruota posteriore Silver Wing.
Gives a full video on taking off the rear wheel. I think it might be the 400 but its exactly the same as the 600. Enjoy

Mr Blobby
Back to top Go down
Riggers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 8:07 am

Mr Blobby wrote:
Hi

I came across this video on YouTube by Stefano Bonacasa  titled SWCI - Smontaggio ruota posteriore Silver Wing.
Gives a full video on taking off the rear wheel. I think it might be the 400 but its exactly the same as the 600. Enjoy

Mr Blobby

Thanks Mr Blobby that's great thanks.

If anyone else knows of a similar video or set of instructions in English then PLEASE post up a reply.

Thanks to all.

Riggers.
Back to top Go down
Reg
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Reg

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2016-08-07

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 8:29 am

I got this from another site. Found it very helpful.
Rear Wheel removal
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 9:39 am

Reg wrote:
Rear Wheel removal

Wow, Reg, that's a "How to..." from the late Leroy Beal. Thanks for locating that. Where/how did you find it? 

Now that Leroy Beal's site has been taken down maybe this "How to..." can be archived here for future reference.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Riggers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 10:50 am

Reg wrote:
Rear Wheel removal

That's absolutely brilliant Reg and just what I need. Thanks!

Riggers.
Back to top Go down
bikerbill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-08-28

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 11:46 am

I used the video from Stefano. Now that I see the written instructions, they are great! I would pay attention on the way you take off the muffler. Specifically the hanger bracket. When I went to put it back on, it didn't go the way I thought it should go.

Love this forum!
Back to top Go down
Riggers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 1:18 pm

bikerbill wrote:
I used the video from Stefano. Now that I see the written instructions, they are great! I would pay attention on the way you take off the muffler. Specifically the hanger bracket. When I went to put it back on, it didn't go the way I thought it should go.

Love this forum!

Thanks Biker Bill - I'll take special care!

Riggers
Back to top Go down
Reg
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Reg

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2016-08-07

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 2:22 pm

That muffler hanger bracket got me too. I forgot if the bracket was behind or in front of the mount. The write up picture looks to be infront. So I looked at enlargements af my SW from august when I got it. The bracket goes behind the mount. Next to the shock spring.
Back to top Go down
Riggers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 7:37 am

Well thanks to the forum and all you guys the wheel's been off, new tyre fitted, and wheel back on. And all at a fraction of the cost of having a dealer do the job (although the dealer did fit the tyre - I'm not THAT good!)

Cheers all - I owe you a beer!

Riggers.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 8:57 am

Since I'm the nearest to the 2017 European City of Culture as far as I'm aware, I'll take one on behalf of the team!   drunken

Nice to hear you got your rear wheel off and on again and new tyre sorted. I was happy enough to let the local Suzuki dealer fit a set of ContiMoves recently.  I had Bridgestone Hoops on , the rear tyre had blistered, and I fancied a change from Bridgestone. The cost of buying and fitting was reasonable and they fitted the new angled valves I supplied and greased both axles too.

I'd have got the rear wheel off OK, but I'd have needed to buy some type of stand to raise the front wheel high enough for removal.

Workshop guy even told me the parking brake pads were worn and needed replacing, so that was good too.

When paying for the Silver Wing's MOT last week I spotted bottles of Puncturesafe for sale for £20 and bought some. I had sealant in the Bridgestone's so I'll eventually get round to installing it.

Last edited by Meldrew on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riggers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 10:23 am

One beer on its way to York!

The job was remarkably easy if a bit lengthy as the swing(ing) arm has to be removed together with both brake calipers, silencer, lambda wire, and associated hoses and cables etc. If the video and write up are followed though the job's a walk in the park. Before the Silverwing I had a 650 Burgman and found the job a lot more difficult, mainly due to the awkwardness of everything especially the refitting of the brake caliper.

I did my own S/W front tyre a few weeks ago and found that even easier than the rear. No need to remove the brake caliper and the bike can be jacked up without harm under the fairing enough to winkle out the wheel from under the mudguard. However I removed the mudguard altogether to clean up the metal bracket which it hangs on.

All ready now for the rain and snow.......

Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 1:37 pm

And thanks to this I realise I've refitted my exhaust on the wrong side of the bracket... but it seems happy there and has been for the last few months.
A job for another day perhaps?
Back to top Go down
new7man
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-08-05

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 4:09 pm

Very helpful Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down

Rear wheel removal
Page 1 of 1