Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

EXHAUST advice

Go down 
+6
Silver Dave K
The Bern
The Scootist
dspevack
oldwingguy
EAGLEWINGS 10
10 posters
AuthorMessage
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2016-08-24

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Does anyone know what has a deeper sound...carbon fiber or stainless steel....im looking at a Dekelvic 18" slip on muffler....any experiences with this brand would be greatly appreciated...thx... swing
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 6:45 am

To each his own but I prefer the quiet ride Smile
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 9:32 am

The common muffler mod is the Leo Vince 4road exhaust. sounds deeper and provides about a 3-4 hp increase, IIRC.

Dan
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 10:07 am

+1 on the Leo Vince! Not noticeably louder, but deeper note
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 12:57 pm

+1 for .. I prefer the quiet ride

I would hazard a guess that they have the same internals & that the carbon fibre casing is simply a style statement
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks for the responses, I will pass on results....
Back to top Go down
Silver Dave K
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2014-06-12

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 9:35 pm

I have a LeoVince slip on i'll sell for 1/2 price.....................
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 11:38 am

Any pix and how much???...Looking to make a move like yesterday... :lol!: small moped
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 12:37 pm

EAGLEWINGS 10 wrote:
Does anyone know what has a deeper sound...carbon fiber or stainless steel....im looking at a Dekelvic 18" slip on muffler....any experiences with this brand would be greatly appreciated...thx... swing

I can't say about the Silverwing, but I have a pair of Delkevics on my ST1100. I bought slightly shorter than the normal 450mm., but they sound deep, not too loud and raspy. I've got to liking them.

Quality is not an issue and what you propose will probably sound nicely deeper without being objectionable.
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Delkevics looks like a sleeper muffler...hmmm...thanks for the insight...
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Maybe a stupid question. The sellers give different year model for exhausts on Ebay. Are the pipes different depending on when your scooter has been manufactured? For me the main reason to buy an aftermarket muffler is to cut down the weight of my SW. The sound of the muffler isn´t that important unless it breaks your ears or makes to police get after you. What is the lightest muffler manufactured? I found a Carbon Delkevic Silender, but to be honest it looks a little funny. There´s also a titanium GPR muffler, but the price is somewhat more expensive.

The reason for my question, is that the prices a little bit cheaper in Italy, but the sellers give different year models depending on what they´re selling.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 4:02 pm

Leena Hallasmaa wrote:
Maybe a stupid question. The sellers give different year model for exhausts on Ebay. Are the pipes different depending on when your scooter has been manufactured?

As far as I know, the only difference in the exhausts is that the later models (2008? on) are fitted with an oxygen, or Lambda, sensor. Easy to tell if you have one... there will be like a plug coming out of the top of the exhaust pipe near the back of the floorboard. A wire from it will go up underneath the side panel/seat area.

If you get a silencer fitted with the Lambda take-off, just plug it with a suitable bolt if it's not to be filled with a sensor.

I haven't weighed the standard silencer, but as the weight is carried so low down near the centre of gravity, any weight saving is probably insignificant.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Must be some kind of dementia! How could I forget this video I saw just a month ago. There it became very clear the Lambda plug etc., so the year model really matters.
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 9:46 pm

Wow, as a follow up to my inquiry about a carbon or SS muffler, I chose the latter....I invested in the Delkevic 18" oval Stainless Steel couldn't find any sound bites but thru diligent surfing and many questions asked I have to say I went with my gut feeling on this one, everything pointed to a positive end result, so I took the plunge....let me just say I was totally blown away by the deep throaty idle(with the baffle in) and could not believe the beefy yet under control acceleration sound of this sleeper exhaust....If anyone is contemplating a new silencer I would strongly encourage you to look into Delkevic slipon as an alternative choice....quality, performance and price point will have you smiling on your Wing..... Laughing chickendance
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 10:56 pm

Eaglewings,
Have you already installed the muffler? Seems like you were asking about the muffler only a few days ago. When can, post some pictures. Thnks
Back to top Go down
vader1701
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
vader1701

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-01-07

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 7:22 am

I wish they had a quieter exhaust available also.
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 9:03 am

motorcycle EXHAUST advice 20160911
Yes, installed the muffler yesterday. The shorter mufflers are more vocal than an 18"...when cruising this baby just hummmmms....kudos to Delkevic on a superior slipon....I will post pix shortly...thx guys and gals...Happy scootin....
Back to top Go down
vader1701
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
vader1701

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 10:33 am

Man that is one sharp Silverwing, you got her dressed up nice, love the Cross
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 11:46 am

Thx...I enjoy perking her up....She used to be burgundy....the pipe compliments her nicely...
Back to top Go down
vader1701
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
vader1701

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 11:50 am

Did you paint it?
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 12:39 pm

Yes...total customization project...2009 with 3k on it...it was a vision to do it and a joy to fulfill it...looking 4wrd to the fall afternoons to cruise...
Back to top Go down
vader1701
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
vader1701

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 2:00 pm

That looks like an awesome paint job, how did you do it if you don't mind me asking. do you have painting facilities? Again nice job.

You made it your own, like I did with my blue indicator dash lights and green turn signal lights. I changed the LED's, I posted a video on the project on my YT channel
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Hey Vader, Yes I painted it myself, I enjoy doing these types of projects, did it in the garage, paint sprayer, scuffing, alcohol, clear coat, paint adhesion spray (vital) and Frog tape.....saved a lot of money for the custom job...the seat was a challenge but patience and the amazing frog tape came thru...lol...what is your yt channel name...I'll check it out when you 4wrd me the info.....Glad you like the Scoot....
Back to top Go down
vader1701
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
vader1701

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 9:54 pm

My YT channel is Lorddarthvader1701, and thank you for responding and watching
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 10:33 pm

Vader, watching your yt now...awesome...just saw something, your bike would explode if you had ur wheels powder coated in Black!!!!..... I had mine done in White....sets it off nicely, yours would be the Empire striking back...Lol
Back to top Go down
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 10:59 pm

Wow, any mechanical questions I have, I'm coming to you...Lol...very interesting but you, like me enjoy doing this kind of stuff....Good stuff Vader...
Back to top Go down
vader1701
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
vader1701

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 7:31 am

I look at it this way, I don't trust stealerships so if I can figure it out I will give it as they say the old college try. I have 2 other buddies that have them also so if I really get into a pinch I can ask them for help too.

Not all the videos are interesting, I think the dash illumination LED change out was about the best, I had a lot of fun doing this.

I bought a PCX for my daughter and I can't wait to get that one on the lift, got some mods for that one also. some projects for winter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EXHAUST advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXHAUST advice   EXHAUST advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXHAUST advice
Page 1 of 1