Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tucano Urbano

Go down 
+5
"Hi Yo"
Meldrew
JeffR
gremlin
ronslaverda
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ronslaverda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ronslaverda

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-10-31

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:30 pm

I am just trading in my Silverwing for a Peugeot Metropolis as I am finding that at my age I am not so strong as I used to be and when I take a pillion passenger I feel a bit nervous when I have to come to a halt and have to support the weight.
The Peugeot Metropolis will give me a few more years of riding (I Hope !)
Anyway I will get to the point, I have a Tucano Urbano R38 which I have used for about a year and I am looking to sell it, anyone interested ?
As I dont get a lot of riding in, it is in vg condition and I have the fitting instructs and original bag it came in.
I would like to say that this is a brilliant and informative Forum which I have enjoyed being part of,thank you to all who make it possible.

Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Good luck with the Metropolis! If you have ridden the SW with pillions up to now at your proud age I take my hat off to you and hope I can achieve the same.
It would be interesting for all of us, if you write a small review for us once you get going on your Peugeot scooter. cheers
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 7:59 pm

Congrats on your new bike and hope it lets you ride longer. I do salute those of you that are able to ride when in your 70's. I hope I will be able. Let us know how you like it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 9:21 pm

Nice one, I've been researching a Metropolis as a Silver Wing replacement, it's not a lot lighter than the Silver Wing but it does have a lot of good points and there's some good kit available for it. I'm still interested and I look regularly at ads on Bike Trader to see what's on offer, but ideally I want something that's no heavier than 200kg.
Back to top Go down
ronslaverda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ronslaverda

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi,
I will be pleased to write a review of my experiences using the Peugeot Metropolis, I hope to pick it up this coming Thursday and will report on my first impressions over the next couple of weeks.
As for riding at 75 I haven't  noticed the years passing by and would say although I get some grief from my other half who cant understand why I would want to be riding any form of motorcycle at my age and tend to get the silent treatment when I say I am going for a ride I will persist.
I find when I am riding the years drop of and I am 18 again riding my first bike,
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Tucano Urbano 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 5:19 pm

ronslaverda wrote:
Hi,

I find when I am riding the years drop of and I am 18 again riding my first bike,

Good luck with your new ride. Sometimes the silent treatment isn't a bad thing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mike712
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 9:28 pm

WOW......Wives are just alike on both sides of the pond.......
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Ron,

I will be 57 in a couple of months and started riding mini-bikes when I was 12. I know when I ride I also feel younger. One day I would like to buy a Honda SL 100 which was the first motorcycle I bought when I was 15. Compared to bikes nowadays it is nothing but it will always be my favorite bike ever. I can't wait to read your review of your new bike.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2013-10-08

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 2:57 am

Hi there Ron good luck with the new bike, I know exactly what you mean about being 18 again when out on a bike, the main difference being that modern waterproofs really are waterproof!
I am amazed that nobody has picked you up on the main reason for your post, the Tucano Urbano cover! It was one of the first things I bought for my scooter when I got it and especially for riding in the UK! I must admit I thought them a bit odd when I first saw them in Barcelona a couple of years ago!
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 3:11 am

ronslaverda wrote:
Hi,
I will be pleased to write a review of my experiences using the Peugeot Metropolis, I hope to pick it up this coming Thursday and will report on my first impressions over the next couple of weeks.
As for riding at 75 I haven't  noticed the years passing by and would say although I get some grief from my other half who cant understand why I would want to be riding any form of motorcycle at my age and tend to get the silent treatment when I say I am going for a ride I will persist.

Congrats on still rolling on two, yes THE LOOK, at 78 I hear that " your going where? " I'm on hold until I heal a bit with this new pacemaker but I will continue to ride and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 11:19 am

mike712 wrote:
WOW......Wives are just alike on both sides of the pond.......
Not just wives.....
Back to top Go down
ronslaverda
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ronslaverda

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi All,
I picked up the Peugeot Metropolis today on a beautiful sunny and warm day it is a 2015 400RS Model with 2600km on the clock.
As is my habit I asked the dealer to dip the oil before I left as I have heard of and experienced dealers who forgot to put oil in a vehicle, would you believe it, it was down to the minimum !! this was put right and the excuse from the mechanic was they changed the oil and filter and forgot that the filter took up some of the oil, when I left the owner was saying a few choice words to the mechanic!
Anyway the ride home was pretty uneventful in fact it rode very much like the SW.
As you are riding you are not aware of having two wheels on the front. I found that the brakes were not up to Silver Wing standards a fair bit of pressure was needed to get a good braking effect.
The locking device that locks the bike in a upright position is very useful when parking up as it allows you to move the bike around without any fear of dropping it.
Pot holes and undulations in the road surface do make the steering feel a little strange but in a controlled way.
The storage is not any where as good as the Silver Wing but with a top box it is acceptable, a useful item is a strong fold away clip just below the front of the seat which can take a shopping bag on the platform between your legs.
The proximity ignition key will take a bit of getting used to as it unlocks the bike and turns the ignition on when you are 1.5 metres from the bike.
Unfortunately as of yet there is no Forum in English there is a French and German Forum which it is possible to use Google to translate but the translated version comes up with very strange English.
There is not much technical information available yet I hope with time more will become available.
As I get a chance to use it a bit more I will continue to report back occasionally.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 6:23 pm

I left as I have heard of and experienced dealers who forgot to put oil in a vehicle, would you believe it, it was down to the minimum !!

Seriously I do, I just bought a NEW 0 Turn mower, hydro drive oil wasn't even showing in the reservoir, both steering handles came loose in the first 15 min. of use, tires under-inflated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tucano Urbano Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano   Tucano Urbano I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tucano Urbano
Page 1 of 1