Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Starting Hesitation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Starting Hesitation Empty
PostSubject: Starting Hesitation   Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:58 pm

I've had my wing now for about 8 months. it is an 02 with about 10,000 miles. One small gripe I have is that when I start it, I have to usually hold the throttle open just a bit for it to fire.... or I have to hit the start button 2 or 3 times for it to start. Does anyone else experience this or am I just the lucky person. Being fuel injected, I wouldn't think this should ever happen. Even on my 05 Helix this never happens as it also cranks right up. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778

PostSubject: Re: Starting Hesitation   Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:01 pm

Hey Ron,

Just a thought...replace spark plugs, check air filter. I'm also thinking fuel system pressure. It might be a little low or injectors might be sticking.

When it's idealing or running at medium to high speeds, how does it run?

DennisB
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

PostSubject: Re: Starting Hesitation   Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Air Filter was just serviced. I installed fresh iridium plugs in the spring. I have a membership to HRCA so I could look up the procedure for checking fuel pressure in the online manual. The interesting thing that I forgot to mention is that it only does it when it hasn't been run in a while such as overnight. But if I ride to the grocery store at noon and then say go for a ride to the video store at 4:00.... then she'll crank just fine. I did run some STP fuel system cleaner through some time ago. i just divided it into fourths and it gave me 4 treatments which I ran back to back. Didn't make any difference. Thanks for the suggestions. I will see about checking into the fuel pressure.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778

PostSubject: Re: Starting Hesitation   Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 7:22 pm

One more thing, when was the last time you replaced the battery. Some times the battery will crank the motor and not start it. Overnight an old battery will drain down a little.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Starting Hesitation   Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:23 pm

ronjr009 wrote:
I've had my wing now for about 8 months. it is an 02 with about 10,000 miles. One small gripe I have is that when I start it, I have to usually hold the throttle open just a bit for it to fire.... or I have to hit the start button 2 or 3 times for it to start. Does anyone else experience this or am I just the lucky person.

I noticed some hesitancy in acceleration after 10,000-15,000 miles and a couple of times needed a second ignition to start.

I started adding a couple of ounces the AMSOIL P.i. Performance Improver ( http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/api.aspx ) to the tank until used. I found the SWing much more responsive and I saw the MPG increase the first time. I have not had to use a second ignition since.

I am not an Amsoil dealer ... I just sign up for a preferred discount ( http://www.amsoil.com/a/wholesale-preferred-customer ) when I order in bulk.

I would only re-add treatment when I felt any hesitancy.

Since adding the Dynojet Power Commander and using the European Stock map or the my Johnny Cheese custom map, the hesitancy frequency has occurred a lot less. My current theory is it could be due to the gas or gas additives added by the refineries. The Power Commander maps above reduce the amount gas injected which for me has greatly reduced hesitancy occurances. Now I only add the Amsoil PI as needed and only for a couple of tanks and stop, which is all I need till the next time.
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

PostSubject: Re: Starting Hesitation   Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Battery was replaced last spring. I'll still see and check on the fuel pressure. Bill... I also use amsoil synthetics and have the preferred customer discount. I was looking at the 0W-40 they had and was thinking about trying that in the bike. I usually use either the 10-40 motorcycle or the scooter oil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Hesitation   Starting Hesitation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting Hesitation
Page 1 of 1