Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi From LA (Lower Alabama)

Go down 
+2
"Hi Yo"
borntovector
6 posters
AuthorMessage
borntovector
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-07-11

Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) Empty
PostSubject: Hi From LA (Lower Alabama)   Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:34 pm

Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) 20150711

Hi All. I am knew to the Silverwing. I have owned other scooters 260cc and below (Chines brands.) I've also owned a Honda Goldwing and a VTX1300 but had to give up the bigger bikes after several back surgeries.

I currently own a Zen 260cc scooter. I ran across this one on Craigs List. It's a 2009 with under 8000 miles on it and I got it for what I think is a great price $2500. I've been reading tons of posts here and I'm really enjoying the Forum. I'm going to get insurance and a tag on it tomorrow and look forward to putting some miles on it. Also looking forward to doing a few mods, so thanks in advance for letting me pick your brains.

Barry
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi From LA (Lower Alabama)   Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Welcome Barry. That does sound like a good price especially if it has ABS. I'm sure you will enjoy it and there is a lot of info available by using the search function (upper left corner). Get it registered and enjoy the ride.

welcome
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi From LA (Lower Alabama)   Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:07 am

Welcome Barry. I have an 08 SWing with just over 22,000 miles on it. This is my second season with it and I love it a lot. It's a great running scooter and does Interstate speeds without breathing hard. I belong to the Dry Riders here in MN and I have no problems keeping up with their "real" motorcycles. I get around 50 mpg with it. My battery from last year died so I ordered a Battery Tender Lithium Ion battery for it and haven't regretted it one bit. The battery weighs 1.75 Lbs and is a lot smaller than the original battery. It comes with dense foam self stick spacers to fill in the empty space in the battery box. When I check it with the volt meter it reads about 13.45 give or take a few hundredths of a volt.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi From LA (Lower Alabama)   Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 1:49 am

welcome Barry welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. Congratulations on your new addition, it's a nice step up from your Zen 260cc.
  If you are looking forward to learning about your Silverwing or plan on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.

I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
onbmw
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi From LA (Lower Alabama)   Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:01 am

Welcome Barry! Had my eye on that scoot for about a month, but looks like you beat me to it. Congrats it's a great machine!
Back to top Go down
AV-40
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi From LA (Lower Alabama)   Hi From LA  (Lower Alabama) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:42 am

Welcome to the group from another LA boy (Troy). Great price on that SW. Mine's a 2008 with 2,600 miles,, need to  ride it more!!. Only changes from factory are Dr. Pulley 26 GR sliders and a HID headlight.
Back to top Go down

Hi From LA (Lower Alabama)
Page 1 of 1