Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Today at 4:33 pm

» New member from Europe
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Technical parts crossover.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

Technical parts crossover. Empty
PostSubject: Technical parts crossover.   Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 8:27 am

The more I look the more I see but has anyone made a list of parts that are shared with other Honda bikes? When I changed brake fluids one of the first I noted was the brake reservoirs system were the same as my GL 1500, somewhere I think I read the brake pads were the same.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Technical parts crossover.   Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 12:20 pm

If you check OEM parts thru Partzilla they usually show which other Honda models use that individual part number.

My local, well 40 miles away, copied a page for me from their EBC catalog which showed that several different EBC brake pads fit larger Hondas. Of course some brake systems required using two sets of those EBC brakes though. While that EBC cross reference might probably work I don't know whether OEM to OEM pads will interchange.

I do know that the sintered metal EBC pads that the dealer had in stock destroyed my brake rotor. Lesson learned Since then I only use OEM pads. I'd rather wait for the brake pad order from Partzilla than eat another rotor.

Tim
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Technical parts crossover.    Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 12:27 pm

I have not seen or heard of any such list.The Silverwing is unique in design and therefore expensive to manufacture when many of the components are not interchangeable. That being said some of the maintenance items like oil filter,lite bulbs, spark plugs some wheel and transmission bearings and seals are used on other bikes.
It will be interesting to see the other items that people come up with.  Howard

p.s. From my experience in the auto industry part numbers can change because of a different supplier and still be the same part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Technical parts crossover.   Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 5:12 pm

oldgwingguy I don't remember what it was but I've found crossover parts by just searching the part number with Google.
Tim I learned the same lesson with EBC pads. I now only use OEM brake parts also.
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Technical parts crossover.   Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 6:05 pm

OEM or EBC or others remember these are available in either organic or sintered HH. Organic is known for lower rotor wear and lower cost and sintered HH is known for longer life and better stopping power. Be sure to choose the correct pads. Know what you want beforehand for your type of riding. EBC was? known for " noisier " operation. breaking the edge with a flat bastard file would reduce said noise. Note using organics had me selling my 1500 with rotors still well within spec, downshifting has it advantages something we don't have with the scoots but I'm willing to live with that.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Technical parts crossover.   Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Moved this thread from introductions..   {shakes head frustrated}

MOD DAN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technical parts crossover.   Technical parts crossover. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technical parts crossover.
Page 1 of 1