Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

12,800KM Service Today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

12,800KM Service Today Empty
PostSubject: 12,800KM Service Today   12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Had the second service (12,800km) done today on my 2009. Honda schedules 2.5hrs to complete the service. Actually took the technician 1.5 hrs to do the service so he kindly asked if I had anything else i needed done. I had him clean out the belt dust, adjust the rear suspension and adjust the throttle advance and they washed the bike too. I go to a large dealership that sells and services the Swing, Burgmans, Majestys and Tmax. They have a technician that services these scooters and I was impressed how he knew how to remove the plastic and service the Swing without reference to the shop manual. Most smaller dealerships have a  "jack of all trades" who may not work on scooters that much.
My Swing had a clean bill of health with a recommendation to replace the rear tyre soon. I asked the tech about his experience with tyres and he would only recommend two. Bridgestone Hoops (what I have now) and Michelin Power Pure SC. He said the Hoops have lasted well so why install them again. If I wanted more grip go with the Power Pure SC with a slight compromise on wear. He said he would not recommend Diablos, they provide the best grip but are a softer compound that will wear more quickly. So I have ordered the Power Pure SC front and rear to give them a try.
Overall I was pleased with the service and advice received from my Honda
dealer.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: 12,800KM Service Today   12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 8:42 pm

An honest garage, letting you know it only took 1.5 hrs instead of the 2.5! A place like that is hard to find!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
12,800KM Service Today 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: 12,800KM Service Today   12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 10:44 pm

Chilliwing wrote:

Overall I was pleased with the service and advice received from my Honda
dealer.

cheers I believe it's OK to plug them by name, unless you're afraid off jinxing your next visit. cheers
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Re: 12,800KM Service Today   12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 11:49 pm

hotwings wrote:
An honest garage, letting you know it only took 1.5 hrs instead of the 2.5! A place like that is hard to find!

Well I rode for an hour from home and passed two closer Honda dealers (hope there not reading this and will remain anonymous) to get to this one as it sells big scooters and has a dedicated scooter service technician. They also have a large glass window looking into the well organized shop with a dozen or so technicians working on everything from Goldwings to quads to kids dirt bikes. You can have a coffee and watch the techs working on many machines. They also have an enormous showroom as they are Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and KTM dealers, and a huge clothing and accessory store to keep you occupied and spending money while your ride is in the shop. Not cheap and it usually takes two weeks to get an appointment between spring and fall.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: 12,800KM Service Today   12,800KM Service Today I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 7:21 pm

Here is another Honda dealer worthy of a visit.

I have bought a cycle and a scooter at Musslemans Honda in Tucson. I recommend them for sales or service ( parts too, frankly) except recently they have the City police cycle contract and this does cause a delay now and then getting scheduled in.

The work is first rate. Mussleman's is a family owned dealership, the oldest in Arizona I believe.
Back to top Go down

12,800KM Service Today
Page 1 of 1