Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

John Ginsel Sighting

Go down 
+3
Cosmic_Jumper
john grinsel
Groovy1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Groovy1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-06-07

John Ginsel Sighting Empty
PostSubject: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 12:00 pm

John, I was coming back from Blountville, TN on Sunday May 3rd. My son was racing the ATV Nationals there. I was going North on I-75 in Kentucky about 3-4 in PM, I believe I saw you heading South (I thought we were just south of Lexington, KY). Do you have a red Silver Wing now. As always open face helmet, loaded with luggage, and I thought a your trunk out back for Moose. Is he still with us? It was great to see you still riding strong. Having known you for ages its always fun to talk with you.
Bruce Scherlin - Zachos Powersports - Chippewa Falls, WI cheers
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 1:06 pm

I have black Silver Wing 2013 left over. Time ran out on Moose-age. New Dog is Jake, wasn't in KY---going to Key West in the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 2:08 pm

john grinsel wrote:
<>---going to Key West in the next couple of weeks.

Knowing that you travel on a tight budget, I am curious about where you'll be staying in KW.

I rode down there in March (first to JAX for an IBA get together, then continued on to KW) and stayed 30 miles north at a dump because everything closer to KW was $200+/night.

Tim
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Key West---have ridden out there several times. As retired Air Force and US Civil Service, I have access to the Navy Base, have camped at the Navy campground several times-----The dog makes using Navy Billeting a hassle. Pretty low cost camping for me.

This time and previous time, stay at Motel 6 south of Miami, ride out and back in one day, stay there second nite.

Takes 2 days to get to Chattanooga from there, nice Motel 6 on FL/GA border. Riding in FL, flat boring, warm----that is why the trailer bikers love it! Ride out to Key West not fast pace.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 7:22 pm

I saw John singing "At Nothing but a Hound Dog" with Elvis at a kareoke bar. Sounded pretty good. Do you have any more rides planned John? And when is it time for you to buy a new scooter?
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:09 pm

End of summer miles should indicate to me--new bike---max. 50,000 time to trade for me @ 40,000 I start to think----max scooter market dead in US. Suzuki Burgman 650 might be ok for me, but more than a bit overweight and the $11,000 to buy one on the road......another Burgman 400? the 3rd for me, price on leftover ok---but current colors suck-------I like Vespas, but no dealer network, often belt changes....but like the way they go, windshield choices, but gas tank small. Last Honda Forza ABS, black wheels turn off for me, price ok but no bargin------motorcycles---Yamaha SR400 with proper German or GIVI racks, hard bags/top box (had new SR500) could be not cheap way to go, proper National Cycle Windshield but nice and simple-don't mind no electric start I like no buffeting period. think next time around OEM heated grips a plus!!

Rides: this summer Canada Maritime prov. I have been to Lab and Newfoundland via airplane.

Should go to West Coast this fall. Chattanooga is boring, nice to get out.....and away from everybody talking like Gomer Pyle.
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:49 pm

I was just thinking about John Grinsel and wondered how he was doing. I'm glad to hear you're still doing fine, John.

FWIW, I'm still with my NT700V. Your comment about it having good wind management still sticks in my mind. I think I'll keep this one till I get way past 100,000 miles or can't ride any more.

Again, good to see you're still around John.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 pm

John,

If in Nova Scotia .... a visit to Peggy's Cove and Lunenberg and the rest of the "South Shore" might be enjoyed. A ride around the Aspotogan Peninsula is always fun for sight seeing. If in for the really scenic areas, then the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton is likely what you might enjoy the most.

Mike
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:04 pm

John, if you happen to come by New Brunswick, get an update on the road into Fundy National Park. I was through there two weeks ago,( by car, thankfully) and the main road is under serious repair, both lanes fully dug up. I would guess they have 3-4 weeks of work.
If the road is fixed, a drive from Moncton to Sussex through the park road is well worth it. Most of the roads in New Brunswick fared quite well despite the unusual winter we had. The Saint John river scenic drive from the Quebec border is always a great ride, as is the coastal drive from the Gaspe Peninsula to the North shore of the province, and on down to the Northumberland bridge to Prince Edward Island.
I am very fortunate to live in such a pretty province.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Beginning last Thursday on I 75 south-----started out for Key West---heat @95 F or so killed me....then got sick.....low southern fast food standard, decided to turn around......already ridden to Key West......hot summer=not worth it.

Saw lots of trailer bikers=wimps. Ratio from real riders to trailer bikers is about 1 to1.

SilverWing performed well, about 55 mpg. Think 60-70mph ok. SilverWing with Givi top box and 2 rubber bags (maybe 30 lbs total) and then 20 lb dog in box is unbalanced/top heavy and not fun in slow speed stuff......and maybe dangerous. 25 years of feet forward---maybe need another motorcycle next time.

Heading north next time FL bores me.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:19 pm

John,

How did your dog do in the heat? It gets hot and humid in Florida from what I hear. You should stay north in the summer where it is cooler. Good to hear from you though, it seems we get worried when we don't hear from you for days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: John Ginsel Sighting   John Ginsel Sighting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Dog handled heat better than me-----box is vented.....but we did stop every hour or 50 miles. He even learned to pee on leash---at home he has fenced back yard.He is 4th dog riding on bike for me.
Back to top Go down

John Ginsel Sighting
Page 1 of 1