Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silverwing vs Burgman

Go down 
+12
Cosmic_Jumper
mouka
JeffR
Meldrew
john grinsel
oldgwingguy
model28a
Tom G
voce
exavid
Porkie
DanB
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Recently purchased a SW and because I also own a Burgman 650, I was naturally curious about how they compare. Yesterday I took the Burgman to town as I had a few observations.

The Burgman is physically larger and chunkier in heft and weight. It feels like a big bike, like a Goldwing. That's not necessarily a bad thing and for touring, makes the Burgman exceptional. Having just come from riding Goldwings the last 5 years, the big Burgman is very comfortable for me and I personally like the weight of it. Everything is relative as I thought about flickability  for urban riding. The SW is way more flickable but comparing the Burgman to a Goldwing reminds me how flickable the Burgman is too.

Having owned a Reflex, I can't help but think the SW is a Reflex on steroids. I looked at my rpm yesterday on the Burgman and clocked 5200rpm at 85mph indicated. My SW, with brand new belt and sliders clocks in at 5800rpm at 85mph indicated. So the Burgman is running a lower rpm as it can be sensed in engine sound and lack of engine buzz compared to the SW. Yesterday I was comparing acceleration and roll on speed as the SW is more spirited unless one uses Power Mode on the Burgman. It drops the transmission to a lower gear ratio and runs a thousand rpm higher for snappier acceleration or engine braking.  I seldom use Power Mode though and most I know who ride Burgman's don't either. So, the SW is more sport like to me as to being more nimble and quick on it's feet. That kind of snap is available on the SW all the time whereas with the Burgman, one would have to be in Power Mode. Burgman Drive mode is bit poky for me.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Geezer78
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Geezer78

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 8:44 am

DanB wrote:
Sold my B650 last night and deliver today. Made a 200% profit over original purchase.  The Executives bring big bucks even with the 97k it had. This is an end of an era after owning 2-650's and a 400. Now it's time to bond with my SW and enjoy it like I did the Burgman's.

WOW! 200% profit.
d
I interpret that to be your purchase price plus 200% ? Big Bucks !!!

So, someone actually paid you to ride your Burgy for the time you had it.

Could I have the guy's name? I have a couple of bridges he might be interested in.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:54 am

Dan, sounds like a good deal. You probably weren't thinking that when the transmission went out. cheers
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:46 pm

applause
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:19 pm

JeffR wrote:
John,  If an admin edits something we will put a note in the edit box or PM the person.  What was edited?  Thanks
Maybe let the other Mods and Admins know the rules. I got edited the other day without any acknowledgement of the editor. After i asked who edited me Dispevac made light of it publicly. I just thought it would be fair to let someone know that you've removed some of their post! Especially when it involves putting sentences together that I didn't write!! Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread, i was back reading about the Swing vs Burgman and JeffR's comment on editing caught my eye!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Hotwings,

Thanks. I will go to the Admin section and note this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Yep, bought the 2007 Exec. for 1k and sold for 3k. I did replace the drive belt though but bought belt only for 400 as a friend helped me to replace and bought a rear tire for it, so I essentially doubled my money. Had it for nearly 2 years so I got my monies worth. The buyer was a first time rider so this will be a great bike for a newbie. Looking forward now to getting to know my SW.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 8:59 pm

applause
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 9:03 pm

I rode both the 385 and 650 B mans in 2004. I sold bikes  that year and took the time to lean about the Burgmans. I especially liked the 385 (400). Very nimble and low center gravity were appealing. The 650 was bulky and hard to push when parked. The Swing 600 is a great combo of the 2 and its a Honda!

At 6000 rpm my wing is running 77 mph. Mileage is about 54 mpg. I also had a goldwing and do miss the cruise control. Voce, I would love 15 inch wheels.
Back to top Go down
Geezer78
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Geezer78

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 6:57 am

DanB wrote:
Yep, bought the 2007 Exec. for 1k and sold for 3k. I did replace the drive belt though but bought belt only for 400 as a friend helped me to replace and bought a rear tire for it, so I essentially doubled my money. Had it for nearly 2 years so I got my monies worth. The buyer was a first time rider so this will be a great bike for a newbie. Looking forward now to getting to know my SW.

Below are the NADA prices for your 2007 Burgy bike with windshield. And you only paid $1K when you bought it?

Suggested List Price - $5,899.00
Average Price -------- $3,451.00
Low Price ------------- $2,625.00

Whoa, you did Good. Wink

Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:24 pm

It was owned by a friend who tried to sell it on the Maxi-Scoots forum for 2k with no luck. She bought another Executive so this one just sat in her garage until I offered her a grand. Not easy selling a scooter with nearly a 100k. A few months after buying the drive belt broke and she felt real bad about it but we both have a Burgman friend who had just done his belt and offered to do mine. If it hadn't been for that I would have sold for parts. Due to the mileage I doubted anyone would pay more than 3k. Bike ran as good as a low mileage newer bike and will make the buyer a great beginner bike as he's a new rider.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Next bike to sell, my Honda 919.
Attachments
Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 Attachment600px-Honda_Hornet_900_4.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(105 Kb) Downloaded 16 times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing vs Burgman   Silverwing vs Burgman - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverwing vs Burgman
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2