Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? Empty
PostSubject: Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced?   Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:42 pm

I'm afraid my the people that replace the tires will bend my rotor if I dont take it off before handing it to them.
Back to top Go down
forgitaboutut
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced?   Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:34 pm

If it's a honda or any other dealer...I wouldn't worry!
they have the expensive machine that works up,over,and around the rotors....
I watched em' do my last one...wish I had that machine!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced?   Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:46 am

I remove the brake rotors on my Goldwing wheels whenever I have a shop change a tire on the rim. All it takes is for someone to knock the wheel over and let the rotor hit the concrete floor to warp it. I don't think the risk is as high with the Silverwing wheels because of their smaller size and weight but the potential does exist.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced?   Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:24 pm

So far I've had good luck while not removing the rotors, both front and rear wheels. I guess it could be a problem though, if the mechanics aren't careful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced?   Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you remove the rotor when you carry in your wheel to get tires replaced?
Page 1 of 1