Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silver Wing needs new tires.

Go down 
+17
Black Sapper
Colin B
hotwings
powpilot
bandito2
Winger61
"Hi Yo"
Dale N.
Meldrew
masscoot
transam86
MikeO
JeffR_
GHM-PM
john grinsel
jmaslak
SilverwingInIdaho
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-08-23

tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  Empty
PostSubject: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 6:32 pm

The guy at the shop tells me so far as scooters go the styles of the tires are all about the same.

Any recommendations so far as brands to use?

Back to top Go down
jmaslak
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 7:07 pm

I like the Michelin Power Pure SCs on the Wing. They wear round, although they seem to wear kind of quickly. The IRCs didn't wear round, but they seem to last longer - and cost a lot more.

As far as grip, I found them relatively similar. The Michelins are more fun IMHO and a bit cheaper.

I'd avoid the Bridgestones personally. I don't like how stiff their bead is, and think it's relatively prone to damage during installation (probably more of an issue if you do your own work than if the shop does it).
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 8:16 am

scooters are super sensitive to tires, period---guy in shop probably rides truck to work.

Agree on Bridgestone on scooters----had one Helix failure,, three with Reflex.

Right now even though Michelin SC not on Honda recommend list---SC seem to work well---as mentioned above they wear round.

On 4th (3 on SilverWing, one on Burgman 400) SC---last one went 10,500 miles.I do own tire work----Dennis Kirk has them for about $40 for rear. Add "Ride On" to balance and may act as seal for minor punctures
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 8:17 am

I have had good luck with the OEM Irc tires and very good wear! And my dealer gets them for me at GREAT prices so have not bothered to try anything else. My two cents.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 12:46 pm

My SWing came with Hoops, and they last a long time, but the Diablo's and Metzlers were so much nicer. They seemed to stick to the road better and just seemed smoother and a nicer ride, and I got around 9,000 miles per set.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 12:56 pm

IRC's on my first Silverwing from new - very good.

Not sure what's on the back of the 'Stone Lion' now. I should take a look but it seems to grip well.

I had Bridgestone Hoops on my X9500 and found them excellent.
I suspect different scooters like different tyres.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 3:27 pm

i use thbe diablo or hoops loved em both. i never went back to irc. no perticular reason but thats what i have run and will stay with one of the 2
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 7:56 pm

I have the new Michelin SC's on right now. I have only logged a few hundred miles with them, so far I like what I feel! I thought the Metzelers were very good, they played in the wet and dry very well. I have not tried the Diablos' yet but they are on the list to try. I found the hoops just too stiff.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Can anyone tell me what brand of tire I have on right now? I took this photo right before I dropped the bike off at the shop.

tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  23jmv4h
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:53 am

It doesn't say much for the OP when he doesn't know what make of tyres are currently fitted to his scooter, and expects someone to match up the tread pattern to the brand for him. There's already lots of info on here about alternative tyres to the OE Bridgestone and IRC brands, brands like Metzeler, Pirelli, Michelin etc, you just have to look.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 7:14 am

Come on now Meldrew. It's a contest to see who can guess the brand. At least that's what I'm thinking. I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 8:16 am

Seems weird to me also! If one is close enough to take a picture of the tire methinks he could READ the brand on the sidewall... But who knows? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 8:31 am

Oh it's a contest is it, well they're not the Bridgestone Hoops I have on my Silver Wing so I couldn't care less what they are.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Unless I bought them I won't know or care what brand they are. They came on a use bike. I am asking because it's already in the shop so I can't check. How about just contributing to the question and skip the snarkey bs?
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:52 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Seems weird to me also!  If one is close enough to take a picture of the tire methinks he could READ the brand on the sidewall...  But who knows?    What a Face

Reading comprehension is your friend.

"I took this photo right before I dropped the bike off at the shop".
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:31 pm

SilverwingInIdaho wrote:
Unless I bought them I won't know or care what brand they are. They came on a use bike. I am asking because it's already in the shop so I can't check. How about just contributing to the question and skip the snarkey bs?
If you truly "won't know or care what brand they are", why did you ask? At least seven posters gave you opinions and as Meldrew pointed out all of the information is there if you care to look. Why is it our fault if you won't contact the shop to ask the brand of tire on the scooter? Even if someone tells you the brand they think it is, how will you know they're right without checking? If this is snarky bs; so be it.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:50 pm

SilverwingInIdaho wrote:

I'm snarky or whatever you call it because you haven't a clue what brand of tyres are on your scooter even though it's stamped on the sidewalls in plain sight and stuck right in front of your nose every time you check the pressures and inflate the tyre.

Yet you post a daft photo sticking a coin into the tread the old cheapskates tread gauge trick and then asking others what you should know already. It's a pity the tyre wasn't rotated a bit further round you might have got the brand info off your own photo.

But as you don't know or care what brand they are, let's make it simpler for you and pretend they're big round black rubber doughnuts. One brand favoured by a lot of us are Krispy Kreme, and others Dunkin' Donuts.

Last edited by Meldrew on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:53 pm

My contribution sans snark: I don't know what they are.

Anyone else? Wink
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Meldrew wrote:

But as you don't know or care what brand they are, let's make it simpler for you and pretend they're big round black rubber

Stole my thunder there mate!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 pm

SilverwingInIdaho wrote:
Can anyone tell me what brand of tire I have on right now? I took this photo right before I dropped the bike off at the shop.

tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  23jmv4h

Without all the petulance and drama:
PIRELLI DIABLO Performance rear tire
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 7:09 pm

So you recognised the tyre tread, good boy.

So as you're the expert I'll ask you without any petulance and drama, why is that hand sticking a U.S. quarter coin into the tread? scratch

Even a snarky old Brit like me knows a Lincoln penny is the coin to use. If Lincoln's entire head is visible this means that the tread depth is approximately 2/32 inch and legally worn out.
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Meldrew wrote:
So you recognised the tyre tread, good boy.

So as you're the expert I'll ask you without any petulance and drama, why is that hand sticking a U.S. quarter coin into the tread?  scratch

Even a snarky old Brit like me knows a Lincoln penny is the coin to use. If Lincoln's entire head is visible this means that the tread depth is approximately 2/32 inch and legally worn out.

Simple deduction: Because the other hand is occupied holding the camera and couldn't hold the coin too.
Other than that, I've not a clue mate.....  You would have to ask the OP since he did it. It don't make sense to ask me.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Why I did not know what tires were on my bike is because I am not a hobby rider of silver wings, I don't worship at it's alter like some of you. I ride ONLY for transportation reasons. SO until I needed to replace them I could have cared less what was on there. Only after seeing all the talk about tires did I want to know for comparison's sake.

I used a quarter because? Well why not. I had planned to ask if anyone here thought I needed new tires but then did not think I needed to. The photo was then loaded in the hopes someone would recognize the tread as someone did. And I knew someone would. Baffled at some of the replies here.

In the future just skip the bull, it's un becoming of the members here and you all know it.

Thank you

Last edited by SilverwingInIdaho on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Transposition was a typo. I fixed it even though I know the person who had a problem with it knew better.)
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Yo wrote:
SilverwingInIdaho wrote:
  If you truly "won't know or care what brand they are", why did you ask? At least seven posters gave you opinions and as Meldrew pointed out all of the information is there if you care to look. Why is it our fault if you won't contact the shop to ask the brand of tire on the scooter? Even if someone tells you the brand they think it is, how will you know they're right without checking? If this is snarky bs; so be it.

Shop was closed that day. Think before you post.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:37 pm

SilverwingInIdaho:

I can't see that the expectation one might read what is written on the side of a tyre to find out who made it is anything other than reasonable or expected whether or not one worships one's vehicle.

The remark about 'hobby-riders' is bordering on the offensive and those who are are in no way inferior to those who ride 'only for transposition (sic) reasons'.

You should have twigged by now that this forum is used, by and large, by people who at least take an interest in what they're riding and is not merely a free workshop manual.

In fact, the forum would be a shadow of what it is if those who might be described as 'enthusiasts' weren't.

Think carefully before posting again in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:05 pm

SilverwingInIdaho wrote:
Why I did not know what tires were on my bike is because I am not a hobby rider of silver wings, I don't worship at it's alter like some of you. I ride ONLY for transposition reasons.

"Transposition reasons" ? scratch I had to Wikipedia that one and I'm still none the wiser. Transport reasons I understand, but transposition... really?
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Meldrew wrote:
round black rubber doughnuts. One brand favoured by a lot of us are Krispy Kreme, and others Dunkin' Donuts.

Now here is an argument worth having!

Gary
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:20 pm

powpilot wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
round black rubber doughnuts. One brand favoured by a lot of us are Krispy Kreme, and others Dunkin' Donuts.

Gary
Tim Hortons is best, end of argument  Laughing .
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:08 pm

hotwings wrote:
powpilot wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

Gary

There are no Tim Hortons out this way. How can I have an argument about something of which I have no knowledge?

Wait!! Everybody else does, so why not?

Gary
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:15 am

hotwings wrote:
powpilot wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

Gary

I was going to include Tim Horton's, but unfortunately I got ill before a trip to Toronto in 2011 so I haven't tried them either. Crying or Very sad ... or poutine, or beaver tail stew. Sad   Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 7:16 am

Just in case anyone is poised to comment on the fact that this thread has gone off topic it occurs to me that its original purpose has been dealt with as far as is humanly possible so digression is a welcome relief. Smile
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 8:06 am

"Transposition reasons" ? scratch  I had to Wikipedia that one and I'm still none the wiser. Transport reasons I understand, but transposition... really? [/quote] I believe that is quite common in Idaho or was that Roswell, New Mexico? Laughing alien beamed up
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 12:38 pm

MikeO wrote:
digression is a welcome relief. Smile

I've just eaten two chocolate digrestive biscuits with a cup of tea. They were a very welcome relief. Surprised
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 12:48 pm

Laughing to much to type! Razz
Back to top Go down
Black Sapper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:55 am

I prefer Hob-Nobs
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Think carefully before I post again in this thread. I always do. That is advice everything should have taken before hand. Now that the thread is what it is, in the absence of moderatorship I always step up to the plate and moderate myself. More and more it seems necessary.

If a fellow poster wants to get rude in a thread I will point it out. NO need to get butt hurt about it. I took what they dished out like a man I expect anyone to take what comes back in the same manner.

I have not been rude or violated any forum rules But lets be clear here I am not going to be pushed around by anyone on the net or in person. My comment on hobby riders vs, someone like myself who only sees the wing as a mode of transportation was given on the basis of the post here by members wondering why I did not know what kinda tries were on my wing. We all know the guys who know everything about a car and then we all know the people who don't know anything. Clearly the people who know it all are very interested in the subject matter and they are the people seek out for advice. I fall somewhere between maybe on the lower scale with the silver wing. I only offered this as one explanation for the questions posted by the member here. And it is slightly baffling to see the reactions. If you don't want to know then don't seek the clarifications. I won't offer them then. I just gave some of the people who wondered why what they wanted. Information. I meant no disrespect by the words I chose but it seems some just did not like the answer. Again then, don't ask.

NO reason to see any of this on the thread and maybe the real problem for some is I pointed out how un becoming it was.

Last edited by SilverwingInIdaho on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Black Sapper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:03 pm

That's why Mummy goes to Iceland
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:20 pm

...but ONLY for transportation reasons.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Yes transportation reasons. If you fail to understand where I am coming from my PM box is always open.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm sorry dude. I wish I could say this forum has gotten worse, but it has been like this for a long while.

There's tons of useful information on this site if you search, but if you ask any questions, you're likely to get a lot of the kind of attitude you have been getting. It's very disappointing, but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:17 am

Hang on chaps. ALL forums have threads which deviate from the original subject. It's a discussion after all.  Remember too that this is an international forum. A colloquial term that works in one country may have another meaning, or no meaning at all, in another.

All forums also have members who delight in noticing such differences and make play of them.

As for moderation, if we do, we're hung out to dry and are accused of being Nazis; if we don't, we're hung out to dry for abdicating our responsibilities.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:30 am

And......if I recall correctly, my penultimate post in this thread set out the position very clearly.

Colin is absolutely right about Moderation here; the self-righteous attitude of members who act like barrack-room lawyers is unacceptable and those members need to chill or take themselves off.

Criticise this at your peril. Smile
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 am

I am not operating under any illusion here, but will state what is apparently not the obvious.

This thread will die a natural death if anyone, but most especially the original poster stops posting.

Not accusing anyone of rabble rousing, just trying to be real. My observation is based on experience on this (and other) forums. I realize this is not an easy thing to accept as some things appear to be personal, forgive and forget works.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:32 pm

I am not rabble rousing just saying my peace. As far as when this thread might die, well I am not ashamed of it so I don't care when it dies. And I am not effected by things like peer pressures or any type of what I consider "Emotional blackmail". I don't see anything in this thread as personal. I understand why some might have wanted to rib me about it but when I felt it crossed a line and said so.

Seen this type of thing on other forums but never here until now. I react the same no matter where I encounter it. Some forums don't handle it well at all. This one seems ok so far. On some forums they would use a thread like this to endlessly taught and attack you for daring to suggest we all be more adult like. I can't control the reactions I can only stand for what is right and refuse to play the game. I always tell people I don't get so attached to any forum that I will become anyone's walking matt. Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Follow the Rules and Ethos of the Forum or leave.

It really is that simple.

Trying to argue a position which is at odds with the Rules and Ethos is futile.

The moderators stand for what is right, supported by the membership.

As I said in my PM to you, the matter is closed.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:03 pm

This is not about me and my lack of know it all about the scooters. I clearly posted that my bike was in the shop so the best way to know what tires I had was to ask in the fourm.

I am sorry it bent some members and I am sorry that pointing out internet bullying no matter what the excuse is will not be tolerated by me no matter what the consequences may be.  Including up setting the forum owners.

I think your response to the whole matter is childish, feel free to remove me from your forum.

If you stood stood what was right we'd not be here right now.

Edit by MikeO: I said in my capacity as a moderator on this forum that the matter is closed. I freely admit to having made errors of judgement in the past - no-one is perfect - but I stand by my decision and expect the OP to do the same.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Staying off topic ...... I must agree with Hotwings .... Tim Hortons is the best and on a trip across the pond I kept eyes open for Euro - Tims ... but not to be found ...pity!

Meldrew .... when you get over to this side skip the Beaver Tail Stew and choose the Beaver Tail pastries. Their kiosks are everywhere and well worth a visit ! Sticky & tasty !! Now, I have this craving for a chocolate glazed doughnut from Tim's !

Mike
Back to top Go down
Silver Dave K
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Still stirring the pot I see! Dave
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Well OK I consider it closed too then. I did not get that the members and owners understood my position but I guess we all understand each other now. Good enough for me.

Respectfully

Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:01 pm

SilverwingInIdaho wrote:
Baffled at some of the replies here.
In the future just skip the bull

Wait a second. These are Pirelli Diablo tires. Diablo is typically the name of the meanest bull in movies featuring Spanish or Mexican bull fighting. Therefore, members giving you a lot of Bull Sh!7 are actually answering your question, though a bit obtusely. And repetitively...

Oh, and how come no one mentioned Darksiders? If you don't have to worry about the handling arguments they are reputed to last forever.

Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silver Wing needs new tires.    tires - Silver Wing needs new tires.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silver Wing needs new tires.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next