Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!

Go down 
+4
jmaslak
hotwings
bigbird
cotetoi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:22 am

I was taking the SW off the centrestand the other day. The sidestand was down: that's how I do it; every time. Sidestand down, and as the bike rolls off the centrestand, I ease it on to the sidestand.
But this time, the SW was stuck with the centrestand wedged underneath and it wouldn't budge. The sidestand was wedged too.
Normally I apply the left brake after the SW rolls off, but I had been holding the left brake all along !!! Once I released it the SW did what it always does, transitioned smoothly from centre to side stand. Brief moment of panic caused by rider inattention.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 11:00 am

Irrelevant, but I thought I would add this for interest.
My Goldwing F6B has an accessory centre stand. This 850 lb bike is EASIER to both raise and roll off its centre stand than my Silverwing ever was. Either Honda botched the Silverwing centre stand engineering, or the Goldwing dynamics make it more centrally balanced. Whatever it is, it takes half the effort that I was used to applying.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 12:00 pm

Most times i get on the swing with motor running and center stand down. Then i just shift my weight forward with a swift motion, most times the bike will roll forward and off its stand. Obviously dont try to do this with the side stand down!! Even with my wife on i can still get it to roll off its stand. Sometimes it may take a few rocks but its doable. Easy as pie. It would be so nice if the engine would run with the side stand down and handbrake on- handbrake off, side stand down, engine stalls! Oh how sweet it would be!!! No more shutting the engine off to go get something.
Back to top Go down
jmaslak
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 2:07 pm

I too just rock it with me on the bike to get it off the stand. Less chance of dropping the bike.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 6:27 pm

hotwings someone posted a howto that by adding one wire I think from the side stand switch to the parking brake dash light. It accomplished just what you said. "It would be so nice if the engine would run with the side stand down and handbrake on- handbrake off, side stand down, engine stalls!" I don't remember if it was on this forum or the burgmanusa forum, I think it was here but I'm not sure. If I get time I'll look for it latter.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 8:12 am

model28a wrote:
hotwings someone posted a howto that by adding one wire I think from the side stand switch to the parking brake dash light. It accomplished just what you said. "It would be so nice if the engine would run with the side stand down and handbrake on- handbrake off, side stand down, engine stalls!" I don't remember if it was on this forum or the burgmanusa forum, I think it was here but I'm not sure. If I get time I'll look for it latter.

Ron. trouble1100, posted that info here awhile ago:
https://www.silverwing600.com/t2124-disabling-the-side-stand-safety-switch?highlight=Bypass+side+stand+switch

Tim
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Thank you Tim. I knew I had read how to bypass the side stand and still have a safe scooter.
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Same here.I always have problems with the center stand. Especially on a slight hill.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Double thanks Tim for finding and posting the link. This will be a nice project for me to tackle soon.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!   Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 10:40 pm

I've always rocked my bikes, Goldwings, SW, B650, BMW C650GT and the K1100LT, off the center stand. One thing that can make a bike harder to put up on the center stand is having a lot of stuff in the trunk, panniers, and under seat storage. It doesn't take much weight in the scoot to make it much harder to get it up on the stand.

One nice thing BMW did with their scooter side stand was to mechanically connect it to a parking brake. When the stand is down you can't start the engine or move the scooter. Makes it safe to park it nose down on a grade with no chance of rolling off the stand. I disabled the start and run interlock switch so I can start and run the engine on the side stand. No danger because the parking brake is still on with the stand down so the bike's not going anywhere until the stand is up. I think their switch interlock was a bit of overkill though.
Back to top Go down

Centrestand ! oh yes, again !!!!
Page 1 of 1